Glacius Maps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Glacius Maps

Post by nickaero »

Yesterday we gathered a decent group of players on Glacius but the server made us play on the standard maps. Disapointing to get glacius groups to play dm13 and dm7, what's up with that?
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Glacius Maps

Post by Semisek48 »

It was already mentioned by Karen at another topic (Enriching the map pool) well when it comes to my feedback, then It was always cool to play some unusual fun maps at the end of the week. I think that it is what most of Gladius enjoyers like. If there would be a vote poll, i would vote for the old map pool.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

This is what glacius was to us. Even if I don't play for a long time now, I can tell that this was an essence of Glacius and the reason why people like this server. Don't get me wrong, but I think that if people will want to play competitive, they will come ranked server as usual. That's a better solution and I think people would agree with me.

#MakeGlaciusGreatAgain
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

well people played dm6/7 (etc the top standard maps) as well as 6++/7++ (etc the top competitive maps) and I believe that the mix served to sustain the party a much longer time and increase the popularity and excitement of the game where previously (like on the whole year) glacius was never played at all or played for a few casual games at best and the then it totally faded. as said, I might review that in the future (mid term) and introduce those (or any other changes) as usual but not by now, by now that server will stay like that. the server ran just as you're requesting it now for years and it was death, makes no sense to revert to some changes proven and known to not work just like that. additionally as magi brought if you prefer a more specific customization you can always all gather on the ranked server and play whatever you want there.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Apart from missing JAPANDM... ;)

Tonite, we were able to gather a lot of people on Glacius server. But somehow, the map rotation very often selected the standard maps also being played on regular Unfreeze server.

Not just complaining about general selection of maps... to be very honest now, it feels somewhat strange to play let's say DM6 and 6++ directly afterwards... (like last week) or DM9 and DM9++ every other time.

So, some other players and myself wonder if you, adminless, could at least remove the standard maps from Glacius or make them appear less often?

Thanks for considering!!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

may be I could tune the rotation somehow but to be honest with you if it's 23:00 and the server still remains busy as you're noting yourself when previously basically you just had like 6-7 people (always the same 6-7 people btw no rotation, no newcomers, no anything) for 3-4 games every other month at best that should tell you that the changes were indeed positive.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

May I add that the server was more full before and I saw people leaving because of standard maps... (see chat log) just saying... no offence intended here of course.

Seems to be my job to file the complaints... ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes as some other joined for or during the standard maps as well. that's exactly what is expected from a public server not a custom/private one, some people go as some people come. not that you just have be it 6-7 people or +20 it doesn't even matter but always only the same people. that (latter) is not sustainable (as it wasn't the case) and as I also said if that's what you want you can still do it on the (real) custom/private server.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I agree with Karen. There seems to be positive dynamics in glacius evenings on Fridays (mainly based on disc0rd arrangements). And when there are 10+ people it is frustrating to play every 2nd map the standard maps. As well as playing dm7 and then 7++. It might be better to use 3/4 glacius maps on Friday.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well if there's so much interest I guess I can simply leave the previous glacius rotation Friday nights (let's say 20:00-1:00 central European times) if that's what you want though as I just said, I highly doubt it will do any better. most likely it will just result on the same forever empty server as on previous attempts after a few meetings and the "excitement" has worn off.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Is this change implemented for today evening?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes starting this night 19:00 CEST (UTC+02) glacius should run only custom maps till 1 in the morning (again CEST [UTC+02] time) and it should continue to do so for the rest of the Friday, Sunday and Monday nights as usual. at other times the competitive rotation will remain and I changed a bit the rotation (I replaced the lower tier/less popular original glacius maps with the best ones and most popular from the former baltic/glacius2 server) for the ultimate experience so people should have made sure to download the whole package to not miss any game. finally as I said other times please keep in mind that at a average game time of 20 minutes a specific map can take somewhere between 1 hour or 20 (typically 6-7 hours) of continuous sustained uninterrupted play to show up between 20 maps rotating at random and that the maps load depending on the amount of people. considering that you only keep that for a couple of hours or three every other week at best that essentially means that a specific map can easily take like a month to be played. just saying so you later don't come back complaining about a specific map that didn't (or did) show up.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Thank you adminless, we will dance and party hard, I promise!

Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Hello...

I have read this very well of course...
considering that you only keep that for a couple of hours or three every other week at best that essentially means that a specific map can easily take like a month to be played. just saying so you later don't come back complaining about a specific map that didn't (or did) show up.
... but however, some of the Glacius people were wondering why japandm did not show up the last few times (usually on Friday and on Sunday) while other maps even repeated or some show up every evening like 6++, 7++ and phanta3dm1.

Adminless, I know must be very busy prepaaring and organizing the tournament these days and your time surely is limited. So, whenever it is good for you, no rush of course, could you have a look at Glacius' map rotation to make sure it is not broken or so?

Thank you so much!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it's not and japandm is on the rotation only that it only loads for 10+ people and at random which as I said in a +20 maps rotation can take a long (consecutive) time to show up which is just not happening. 6++, 7++, phant and the likes load "over and over" because they load pretty much for any number of people.