Post by nickaero »

I'll try to show up both dates
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Re: small summer ctf event

Post by FilthyPirate »

Was very fun! GGZ to all!! And thanks again Adminless!
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

great fun. really enjoyed it. also being on voice with some of the guys as usual
gg

thanks adminless!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

no problem guys, that was quick hehe second game was huge and first and fifth were very good too. unfortunate that the fourth was played only 3vs3 but it's what it's (that map is huge for at least 4vs4 onward, typically 5vs5 same as the second btw). hopefully the fifth was more a 3vs3 than really a 4vs4/5vs5 map so at least it made up something for that (I set it last considering that usually on the fifth you almost always lose players). the third was a joke xD and at some points it got some messy but hey overall I believe it was quite fun to do something else outside of the usual "canonical" ultra competitive stuff. definitively ggs. well, as said, this completes the first date if you want we can do it all over again the next Sunday at the same time on the same place and on the same way only with the people that missed it :)
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Im down for next Sunday if yall want.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Hello!

Sorry, I had to get up early today for work and I was already tired in the evening. Still, I really enjoyed the game. I played CTf a long time ago 10+ years ago. Also, I'm not used to dueling either. So everything was a bit new to me, including the maps.

I won't tell you a big secret that I like narrower tracks, I use rail guns, but RL remains my eternal favorite :>

You can see the difference between the players (which is not a problem), but the last 2 games were already more balanced. Since there is no stake in the matter, I would say that it is worth watching for a team composition.

and it was a bit of a problem that you always had to reconnect, if it can't be solved technically, then wait a minute at the beginning or something to see if it's okay, because it's bad to just fall into the game.

Regardless, I really enjoyed the whole thing, it was really good to try the game from a new side, I would like to thank the admin for the organization and the opportunity!. And of course thanks to the players too! :_)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know as I said I had no background of the players on this mode so I had to guess the balance which was probably sub-par. unfortunately it happened that as you said some people under performed (in comparison) beyond expectations while others outperformed besides you have Miroslav that unless you do something radical on a "normal" field is always gonna make a difference. anyways I'll make sure to take into account this event results for the next round teams this Sunday 11 (if it happens). as I told you in-game and as I wrote on the PM you need to enter the password twice to ensure that you won't be kicked, once when connecting, the other after entering the game, once playing. if it worked and works for everybody I assume it should do as well for you. same goes for the guys that didn't even have the maps installed that were announced to be played and linked on the PM, please next time do so. it's not cool have to wait like 10 mins for some people to install some maps that were known to be played. additionally forgot to mention because I had assumed (wrongly apparently) that by now everybody should knew how to connect to a passworded server, apparently it wasn't the case, so just to be safe remember that you connect to a passworded server by setting the distributed password with the client command \password (ex. open console, usually ~ or ` keyboard keys, and type \password 1234 obviously replacing 1234 by the actual distributed password of the event).

ok, "random" vids up now, as said obviously it doesn't compare to the rest of the competitive stuff around but as a fun event I think it turned out good, looking forward the next Sunday, ggs.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .DC!FraG_MasiN?!

Post by FraG_MasiN »

cOoL event cool players cool server cool admin thx for fun :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe yes as I said it was good and I think that the maps worked good as well even considering the turn out wasn't even the minimum at times so let's see how it turns out this Sunday. ok, additionally following this as I also said this was just a casual event so I'm not gonna compile in-depth stats/ranks at least I computed now the key stats of the event that can now adequately be used to compute the next ctf event balance:
  • teams:
    1. red: 4 wins - 32 captures - 1147 points - 35.8 p/c
    2. blue: 1 win - 8 captures - 835 points - 104.3 p/c
  • players:
    1. miro (5): 102.2 p/g - 1.40 c/g - 73.0 p/c
    2. semisek (5): 72.8 p/g - 1.60 c/g - 45.5 p/c
    3. fus1on (4): 78.5 p/g - 0.50 c/g - 157.0 p/c
    4. masin (5): 43.8 p/g - 1.60 c/g - 27.4 p/c
    5. adrenalin (5): 46.8 p/g - 1.20 c/g - 39.0 p/c
    6. @('_')@ (5): 40.0 p/g - 0.40 c/g - 100.0 p/c
    7. pirate (4): 20.0 p/g - 1.75 c/g - 11.4 p/c
    8. viper (3): 19.0 p/g - 0.00 c/g - ∞ p/c
as can be seen it's quite interesting how here there's a clear difference between fighting ability, which was relatively "balanced" (1147-835 | 57.87%), and real game impact were obviously it wasn't nearly as balanced (32-8 | 80%) besides the usual Miroslav dominance of course. for the rest I reviewed the vids now and I think that considering that this mode is clearly much better suited to be played than to be spectated/watched nevertheless they turned out fun to watch as well so I think that probably all should be set in case another similar ctf event happens on the future. ggs.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

yo adminless i feel committed to play since I started this "lets play ctf"-talk. if i mess too much with the balances I am cool with sitting out maps/games if it is more fun in general for the others

best
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Fun event thx for organising this but let's all agree to ban ctf4 map from existence next time pls
The 2 custom maps I played were very fun tho, sry for not playing 5th map but I was very tired, hopefully next time I play them all
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@miro haha don't worry that if kf shows I guess he should balance you out and if he doesn't it's not a huge deal either that is just a fun event beside even like this the fourth was pretty balanced for example. it will be worked out don't worry about that besides hopefully with more people (5vs5) it should be less important and as I said with that output I believe the balance can also be improved overall next time so we'll see who's finally up for this second round.

@nick yes, that ctf4 felt like a joke in-game to me played like that although after I rewatched it specifically today I don't think it was that bad after all in the context of this, a fun event. it just happened that it appears to me that nobody from blue team really knew how to play that map beside, let's be honest, yes, Miro also specifically ruined that map big time. yes as said, I think that it could probably be replaced by q3wcp17 or even by bubctf1 or q3ctf2 considering that there's enough players/interest for that (5vs5 min for that, if lower or unsure, q3wcp17 better) although the problem with that is that then the event would risk losing some of its spirit besides we would obviously have to wait people up another unspecified amount of time to install them during the event as it seems like people is just unable to download and install some pk3's specifically linked and announced on a PM. I know as I said those were all well proven top tier community ctf maps for this kind of small size (4vs4-5vs5) casual games so same as with Miro, it will be considered and then we'll see how it finally turns out depending on who's up for the Sunday.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

i should be able to join this coming sunday for the second event

i also think that ctf4 wouldn't be fun to play with these settings even after looking at the video, however wcp17 or even wcp14 would make it more interesting imho
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes q3wcp14 could be a good option too provided that there's at least a 5vs5 guaranteed although in such case I believe that probably this time the best option is just do q3ctf2 instead of q3ctf4 and simply leave all that tier of threewave ctf maps for a separate event if it happens on the future. otherwise and/or in case of doubt q3wcp17 is still a solid option. ok then it would be good to know who's available/interested for this next Sunday 11 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) date to compute the teams and all that. initially I believe that if I haven't got it wrong so far it's, semi, nick, pirate, miro and aimer, what about the rest (i.e. viper, smile, adrenalin, masin, kf, mwhq, agi)? additionally if somebody else around that missed the initial deadline to sign up changed his mind for this current Sunday 11 night date can probably as well give it a try here in case finally somebody misses and there's some room availability.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

Hey there, yes, this Sunday I can join, write my nick down :)