imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Re: new fpsclasico client community edition package

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless

Thank you very much for this new updated version :thumbup:

I just tested it on my Windows 10 PC - 64 bits - version 22H2 - build 19045.3448 and it works very well, I no longer have the vertical bands that appeared on each side of the screen each time I change maps and the console as well as the chat now extend across the entire width of the screen.

No particular concerns or problems right away...

Congratulations for this achievement :clap:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 21:41 btw just as a update on this for those using this package (fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip) finally today I put together a new version containing the latest patches as well as synced with the other (legacy) package so make sure to update and let me know if something broke or just anything about it. as usual please before anything (i.e. adding other customization, your cfg etc) just try the package "as-is" to rule any potential incompatibility and get all the new changes. don't expect any major updates or surprises here though as is just the usual maintenance/revision of the same old package (i.e. a few patches/adjustments/updates here and there) yet those using it are strongly advised to update. so far I've been testing it these last days (both in Windows and Linux) and I think that for the most part it's finally starting to catch up with the well known legacy 32 bits package. I think that this time it really turned a solid package as well, matter of facts, I believe that probably in not so long this might even actually end up being the recommended and main package. unfortunately I wasn't able to test it on macOS (as I don't have a Macintosh machine, I opted instead for a chromebook as spare) so it would be great if someone could give it a few plays on a mac and let me know if it worked as well or anything. initially beside the way of running third party apps that is always gonna vary from mac to mac it should work all the same as tested on previous version, the only difference is that this time due the more sensible updated code the base macOS target version is 10.8/"Mountain Lion" instead of 10.7/"Lion" so pretty much it should keep the same 10 years (approx) of supported machines all the same at the time of writing. in that regard if someone just prefer to try the mac binaries from console instead of having to download and deal with the whole package you can probably give a try just to this ioquake3-osx.tar.gz small binary package obviously uncompressed and run from the root of your installation.
Did you manage to adjust the team swapping thing at end when score card shows up? I know I know low priority, oddly it has done it less anyway but now and then it happens
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@imprecise yes from what I tested I think that now it's working good, pretty close to the well known legacy package. probably beside support for legacy computers and some eventual better performance on lowend computers now both packages are pretty much on par. also the input/controls/visuals seem some better now, overall it feels like a good update to the package.

@pacman no I haven't changed any of that. as I told you, that's in fact a server thing not a client thing and yes that's not a priority that's just a detail that sure I might look at it some day if it happens but probably not any time soon.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:28 @imprecise yes from what I tested I think that now it's working good, pretty close to the well known legacy package. probably beside support for legacy computers and some eventual better performance on lowend computers now both packages are pretty much on par. also the input/controls/visuals seem some better now, overall it feels like a good update to the package.

@pacman no I haven't changed any of that. as I told you, that's in fact a server thing not a client thing and yes that's not a priority that's just a detail that sure I might look at it some day if it happens but probably not any time soon.
You will be assimilated :thumbup:
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless

when I launch a game after having selected a server from the server selection page in the game (see image), the display goes back to the display of my desktop before returning to the display of the game which is launching

and from time to time while I'm playing the game goes into the background and I find myself on the desktop with the game still open in the taskbar, a bit like if I had done an Alt+Tab when it wasn't is not the case

Do you have any idea what's wrong? thank you in advance for your help

As a reminder I am using the latest version of fpsclasico-client-community-edition, my desktop is in 1920x1080 and the game r_mode "19" r_fullscreen "1" r_customwidth "1920" r_customheight "1080"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

the display reset when joining a server for the first time is normal due the game folder change (from baseq3 to unfreeze/osp), that should not be a problem. the desktop issue while playing however it's, I assume it's probably some sort of windows issue like a notification/alert or something interrupting the game. check if some window pop up or something when it happens and let me know. additionally if the problem persists or something I might just post a updated sdl library which is where I assume the issue could come from (before I guess it wasn't happening and you haven't made any significant system changes, right?).