Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Re: OSP freezetag ?

Post by imprecise »

hi Adminless :wave:

:angel: As I know that you have nothing to do *, even that you are bored *, to occupy yourself * I started to constitute a small non-exhaustive list of the next world events that can pretend to a skin to be in the atmosphere 8-)

Epiphany
Mardi Gras
Chinese New Year
Valentine's Day
Saint Patrick
April 1st
Easter Monday
Music Festival
Halloween
Saint Catherine
Thanksgiving
Saint Nicolas

Good luck, have fun

* it's a joke, I'm kidding :lol:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@dr lol nah as far as I could see the only thing you missed was to move away the zzz-models.pk3 file to also get santa enemies instead of the usual "green pinkheads"

@imprecise lol luckily most of them are already gone this year haha
dpsmaker

Post by dpsmaker »

adminless wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 20:21 not gonna happen sorry as it's not even really whether or not UnFreeZe is better than osp, which it's and by far, it's just that clearly osp it's some of the worst mods in the history of Quake III Arena and by a huge margin. matter of facts, just setting up a basic good old fashioned osp duel server here took me like a year just to get it barely playable and even so it still has more bugs and issues than the human brain could ever manage to count even if it were to be genetically enhanced. I think that alone should speak volumes of how bad the thing really is, I mean, osp alone is probably one of the top reasons why people uninstalled the game altogether back in the day, fair and square.
and why is your mod better than the same OSP?
In your mod, unlike OSP, there are a lot of UI bugs. Which you don't try to fix for years. This is the first
Second: in your mod, the implementation of cg_enemymodel is very crooked, the models are covered by light and shadows from the map (this should not be so)
third: your mod does not show any statistics on the accuracy of the players, you can’t see how much damage you gave and received at the end of the match.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

dude just from your own quote "just setting up a basic good old fashioned osp duel server here took me like a year just to get it barely playable and even so it still has more bugs and issues than the human brain could ever manage to count even if it were to be genetically enhanced". that's not a overstatement, it's just the way it really is, no joke, and that's even considering that's really the osp mode. the (community) duel server I just setup following user requests though (not because I felt like it as on UnFreeZe btw) on spare time (so again nothing like years, a few weeks of job in total) it just works and plays much better and I insist that's even limiting the discussion strictly to duel let alone to the countless improvements and features added to UnFreeZe. that should probably tell you all that needs to be told so I don't even know what UI bugs you are talking about, have you even tried the provided package (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v23.5.zip) or are you playing just with anything else? because if the former you can probably report then here and I might (or may be not but at least I'll look at them) fix them as I'm not aware of any such bugs. if the later then you're just wasting your time as that's the expected behavior of third party/unclean installations, bugs (i.e. they will just be compatible to some extend hence why the mod/full packages is provided). the second with the provided package as-is (i.e. default settings, \r_fixedlight 153 for example) is simply not the case and as reference you just can watch any of the 400+ videos I recorded at this game on 30+ maps with that exact render where the models are in the words of some users even more visible that in most of the other mods. I mean just got through the events and see for yourself if you spot any shadows or anything, for other than special matches that's the same exact package as-is, it's not enhanced in any way for the videos. matter of facts, the real game obviously display better than the streamed web video and even if that's not enough to your taste just by doing \exec hardcore with the posted package you directly get even more "enhanced" (by hardcore players standards) visuals if needed to be. as for the third yeah I know because instead of wasting my time spamming about meaningless shit many people at a public server won't even comprehend/care about I actually setup some competitive web based players ranks and stats sites as you can see here available for pretty much all severs and all modes so again if you want you can check there and let me know if you're still missing some metric or anything there so I might consider adding it. anyways, in any case, not trying to sell you anything, if you just prefer osp, that's totally cool, no problem, just stick to osp (which this is not for very clear and good measures as I'm telling you) but don't come up here complaining about broken shit when as far as I know there's none, not at least like that as you're putting it. I repeat after have tested it thoroughly (not now but over the years as you're putting it) I'm not aware of any major significant UI bugs and the models are all perfectly visible and that's something that not only anyone here (properly using the packages) can confirm but that you can even see for yourself at any of the event videos and the (compressive) stats simply run separately from the game each on its dedicated server address.
dpsmaker

Post by dpsmaker »

adminless wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 17:37 dude just from your own quote "just setting up a basic good old fashioned osp duel server here took me like a year just to get it barely playable and even so it still has more bugs and issues than the human brain could ever manage to count even if it were to be genetically enhanced". that's not a overstatement, it's just the way it really is, no joke, and that's even considering that's really the osp mode. the (community) duel server I just setup following user requests though (not because I felt like it as on UnFreeZe btw) on spare time (so again nothing like years, a few weeks of job in total) it just works and plays much better and I insist that's even limiting the discussion strictly to duel let alone to the countless improvements and features added to UnFreeZe. that should probably tell you all that needs to be told so I don't even know what UI bugs you are talking about, have you even tried the provided package (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v23.5.zip) or are you playing just with anything else? because if the former you can probably report then here and I might (or may be not but at least I'll look at them) fix them as I'm not aware of any such bugs. if the later then you're just wasting your time as that's the expected behavior of third party/unclean installations, bugs (i.e. they will just be compatible to some extend hence why the mod/full packages is provided). the second with the provided package as-is (i.e. default settings, \r_fixedlight 153 for example) is simply not the case and as reference you just can watch any of the 400+ videos I recorded at this game on 30+ maps with that exact render where the models are in the words of some users even more visible that in most of the other mods. I mean just got through the events and see for yourself if you spot any shadows or anything, for other than special matches that's the same exact package as-is, it's not enhanced in any way for the videos. matter of facts, the real game obviously display better than the streamed web video and even if that's not enough to your taste just by doing \exec hardcore with the posted package you directly get even more "enhanced" (by hardcore players standards) visuals if needed to be. as for the third yeah I know because instead of wasting my time spamming about meaningless shit many people at a public server won't even comprehend/care about I actually setup some competitive web based players ranks and stats sites as you can see here available for pretty much all severs and all modes so again if you want you can check there and let me know if you're still missing some metric or anything there so I might consider adding it. anyways, in any case, not trying to sell you anything, if you just prefer osp, that's totally cool, no problem, just stick to osp (which this is not for very clear and good measures as I'm telling you) but don't come up here complaining about broken shit when as far as I know there's none, not at least like that as you're putting it. I repeat after have tested it thoroughly (not now but over the years as you're putting it) I'm not aware of any major significant UI bugs and the models are all perfectly visible and that's something that not only anyone here (properly using the packages) can confirm but that you can even see for yourself at any of the event videos and the (compressive) stats simply run separately from the game each on its dedicated server address.

fix this annoying ui bugs, add the variable to customize the position of the weaponbar
implement cg_enemymymodel variable with pm models support
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the space on the sides you mark there is actually intended framed correct behavior to respect the original 4:3 format of the game 2d so it displays as it should instead of over streched/weird. the teamoverlay overlaps with the weapon bar not because of any bug either but just because you chose to make it 2 (bottom right) instead of the usual and recommended 1 (top right). the rest you comment is just optional/not so important stuff that is simply not implemented and once again not any short of bugs either.

Post by Guest »

adminless wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 20:22 the space on the sides you mark there is actually intended framed correct behavior to respect the original 4:3 format of the game 2d so it displays as it should instead of over streched/weird. the teamoverlay overlaps with the weapon bar not because of any bug either but just because you chose to make it 2 (bottom right) instead of the usual and recommended 1 (top right). the rest you comment is just optional/not so important stuff that is simply not implemented and once again not any short of bugs either.
Okay, I hear you. Then let your mod written on your knees remain as buggy as it is now.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Reminds me of a homeless bum I saw once. Some nice old lady walked up to him and offered him some food. The bum threw it in the street and said "Im not going to eat that shit".. Some bums you cannot help or make happy. Tru story.