UnFreeZe mini-tournament (first edition)

fpsclassico masters 18 - matacristos champion, Miroslav undisputed
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: UnFreeZe mini-tournament

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hello adminless,

17 im not sure yet but 18 november will work for sure.
everything else sounds good. what will be the map pool?
10 minutes is better than 15 minutes because it makes for a faster and more interesting game. (though i would not mind to play 15 mins too, but 10 is better i guess)

best regards

ps i am level 5 user now? ^^
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

ok, it suits me to play with matacristos :) I do well to camp :) and how will it be played live? :) and that's what I'm playing :)

and you can not somehow leave information about organizing the tournament when you connect with the server? :)
Attachments
IMG_20181104_151052733.jpg
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

uuuuuuuu admin sorry 2x
it was pasted
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@fer yes, don't worry there's more than enough time in advance just to arrange a couple of 1:00/1:30 hour (approx) matches so dates shouldn't be a issue, I'm sure you'll arrange some date sooner or later. map pool will be a even reduced variation of the FreeFUn rotation (i.e. the short variation of the usual rotation) unless somebody has something solid to object, it's:
pro-q3dm13, pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney2, pro-q3tourney4, q3dm2, q3dm3, q3dm4, q3dm5, q3dm7, q3tourney1, q3tourney3
but it's important to note that they will be on their original standard form, not modded (as on UnFreeZe), so keep that in mind. anyways as soon as I deploy the server you'll can just test them.

@Kra7oS haha don't worry just deleted the repeated post and no sorry, if I understand you right, but I don't plan on broadcast this on the tv or something like that. you can however record you, upload it at YouTube and then post it here, if you're unable to, perhaps I could even do it for you in such case. and well like I told you I'm firmly against spam but anyways you told people yourself about this and don't take people for fools either, people has seen this thread too so if they didn't join is simply because they are not interested (or are busy with other things etc). whatever it's, there's nothing wrong with that, just leave them, that's cool, there's no need to spam people about.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, server ready at masters.unfreeze.xyz:27965 (85.10.197.106:27965). I'll write more details but basically server is just standard osp 1vs1 and you have vote enabled there so you can do hell a lot of shit already (basically that's the idea that you set this yourself when you feel like it :P) I pretty much don't care about that server. in addition as a last minute change of heart I added a bunch of well know good old fashioned duel maps and removed a couple of the standard ones, so that's it, go checking it out and we'll see. tomorrow I'll drop the final map list here (or simply go to the server and do \callvote map to see it) and a few more details and this should be done. for the matches the server will simply be passworded at those times (password will be given one day before the match on a pm at the forum).

gametracker page (I won't link it anywhere, I'm not interested on this server beyond this very specific purpose at all and this server is just a problem to me, I mean, it's total garbage, more bugs/limitations than I could even count with numbers, unsecured etc etc in fact, I will not even support it, if someone has some issue with it open a thread at the Quake III Arena other sub-forum, not here): https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... xyz:27965/
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

@ Everybody: Is anyone up for a few games tonight? I would be ready to play a bit aprox. at 9 PM or 9.30 PM Central European Time.

Message me!

Best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it would be cool, but server is down now for maintenance (cfg broke beyond what a human mind could ever understand, just useless random garbage, I'm starting to believe that I would end up sooner by coding this myself rather than using this trash) so it's gonna take some time to get back. I'll write you here more as when I get it back up, probably around this night. sorry about that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well 21:00 server up and running just right on time so if you still want to check it out you can. the thing is stupidly broken by today standards (trust me on that) but I think (I just tested it for a couple of matches, I can be wrong) that now it should do the job at least. by the way to not loose much time, I'm tired already of this and I'll post the details on another moment, by now you can get the mapppack here to play.

callvote map (nextmap/map_restart too) and kick are enable finally at least hopefully I sorted out the rest crappy votes (once again or so I think) so all that would be left would be to password it and you could arrange the games yourselves (which would be good to test this week or so).

so please check it out and let me know if there's need for another corrections.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

hi there,

probably the first one to test it. it feels weird compared to your mod since unlagged is missing. besides it looks good so far. need to do some serious testing against human enemies :-D

2 ideas to improve:
map pool:
1.Could you provide all the custom maps on your ftp?
2.I think the map pool needs some tweaking:
a)pro-dcmap7: I know it from QL and to me it is a TDM map --> remove
b)qxtourney7: it is a duel map but has not been played competively --> remove
c) q3dm2 and q3tourney 7: fun maps --> remove
d) add some more "pro" maps:
da) maybes: cpm1a, q3tourney2, q3dm13/pro-nodm9 (very oldschool ones), pukka3tourney5 (toxicity from QL)
db) furious heights

best regards ^^
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, like I said the idea it's that you three set up some date around this week so you go to the server and play a bunch of games to test everything out, get the tournament dynamic etc etc

1) these are the well know: ftp://ftp.fpsclasico.de/old/public/maps/
this is just a old mappack I had created on my previous big project: ftp://ftp.fpsclasico.de/old/public/railtagplus/
keep in mind that I'm well know for freeze tag servers (now and back then) not for tourney or "small" games.

2) I know pro-dcmap7 is a bit big for this but hey that was an all time favorite, like gold, but yeah I know what I have just said so perhaps I'll think about it on the future so far just leave it, I don't think it's gonna hurt that bad. qxtourney1, I just add it to have some variety so until there's no other notable additions I'll leave it. q3dm2 agree with you that it's not precisely a competitive map but, not everybody here is that competitive, so it's good to have some alternative too (it's not all just about top competition). pro-q3tourney7, I disagree with you, I think that probably that's a very personal though so of course as usual I'll count your vote against it but it's that, unless it gets regularly sided by the majority I won't remove it (as it's tourney and it was generally requested). cpm1a, can be a good addition to take in consideration for the future so far I tried to stick more to good old school traditional maps and stay away from cpm. q3tourney2/q3dm13 imho makes no sense to add them when there's the pro versions already on the pool (it's like having the same map twice, that I obviously know they are not but you know what i mean, they doesn't really help add variety anything). pro-nodm9 if I'm not wrong it's a pro-q3dm13 remix, it can be considered to replace pro-q3dm13 if most people is interested. that pukka3tourney5 I know it and I just checked it now but I'm not entirely that convinced (railgun missing here?) so let's wait for more input too. "furious heights" if I'm not wrong it's ql exclusive and unless some sort of hacked/converted/remixed (etc etc) version it's not available on regular Quake 3 (I can be wrong) so, no, I won't run stuff like that here either.

to be honest basically just reviewing it now and thinking about it I believe that it contains just the right balance and variety between casual, competitive and so-called "pro" maps so I think that the map pool should be closed by now, just imo.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i made a typing mistake. i am fine with pro-t7. i thought t3 is a fun map. but oh well i mean a map pool can be changed up. lets just see how many player will attend.

i already talked to kratos and asked him to play against me but he has to work when i am off and vice versa.

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ah you meant tourney3, ah ok now makes more sense hehe well, yes I know basically tourney3 is there because if you check the polls here it's like the fav of the small maps (+4 voting and no votes against) and also a Kra7oS fav in particular. for the rest now digging the logs I think that perhaps you also made a mistake with the pukka3tourney5 suggestion and you meant pukka3tourney2 instead, perhaps? I think that that could be the most probable addition if any, I really doubted on that one, I was about to add it too but finally leave it, perhaps could be used to replace pro-dcmap7, don't know how people will see it.

and for attendance, well basically the "attendance" is just join here, show up and arrange a date to get started. we'll see, at least I did my part I think.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

well ok

just played on your server

feel is different since i didnt play a lot the last few days and its osp mode without unlagged. do u you use sv_fps 30?

overall feels good im just a bit out of shape recently ^^
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I saw you massacring some random noob xD yes, sv_fps is 30 however I noticed that it didn't rotate people, yet even more bugs, it looks like the rotation breaks it so I'll have to still dig that up :/ not a deal for the matches here but definitively important for the rest of the time.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys it's done, server finished now, I've been just still reviewing it this morning and "fixing" (working around) those last bug/issues and well it's not exactly what I would have wished for but at least I believe that it should be totally functional and even after all I must say that I'm not even that disappointed with the result, I think it didn't came out that bad as it seemed. yeah, I think that definitively we got it right and this was the best option for this.

so, to get rid of the rotation issue basically I ended disabling the rotation, server will still change maps once a day in the morning at random but the rest of the day the map will stay though people can still change any time they want and that will be the way to rotate it. like i said irrelevant for the tournament but it had to get fixed if the server is going to run dedicated 24/7 (that it's going to) and once again even if it's not a flawless perfect solution (I couldn't do much more here even if I wanted) it's no that ugly of a "solution", in fact I think I kinda even like it to have a "dedicated" different map across days. in addition I enabled this morning a "competitive" ruleset (CQ3) that should fit much better for this particular purpose (and well that of the server too, duel games) and as final tweak to the rotation I followed on miro feedback and replaced pro-dcmap7 with pukka3tourney2 which also should be more fitting (so make sure to re-download the mappack). and that's all, as usual I also made another minor/final adjustments to it, so you definitively should go checking it out, but basically that's it with this server, job finished here. in the future if it sticks/gets "popular" (I mean as "popular" as a duel server can be, occasional duels etc) I could tune it a bit more for general usage (i.e. remove the custom maps, a few more slots, lower timelimit in a nutshell I think) so far let's just stick with the "competitive" version.

ok, now let's go to the business here, the actual mini-championship:
  • server:
  • rehearsal game:
    • participants: Kra7oS, matacristos, Miroslav
    • date and time: two hours to agree from 7 of November to 13 of November inclusive. in case of no agreement before Sunday 11 of November then rehearsal game will be set the Sunday 11 of November from 19:30 to 21:30. in case of no show up the competition will just advance to the final anyways.
    • format: continuous rehearsal duels among the participants during the duration of the rehearsal (two hours) or until give up
  • Grand Final & Promotion Final:
    • duel: serie a participant matacristos vs serie b participant Kra7oS
    • date and time: two hours to agree from 14 of November to 27 of November inclusive. in case of no agreement before 21 of November then it will be set to Sunday 25 of November from 19:30 to 21:30. in case of no show up and no agreement the event will be cancelled altogether. in case of agreement and no show up the participant/s will be banned from any further event.
    • format: up to five games played in a-b-b-a-tie order to chose among the maps at the pool. a participant can not chose the same map twice. a participant can chose the same map/s as his opponent. map selections have to be announced at least the day before the match.
    • random tie breaker map: pro-q3tourney4
  • Exhibition Final:
    • duel: event champion vs Miroslav
    • date and time: two hours to agree from 14 of November to 4 of December inclusive after the ending of the Grand Final. in case of no agreement before 28 of November then it will be set to Sunday 2 of December from 19:30 to 21:30. in case of agreement and no show up the participant/s will be banned from any further event.
    • format: up to five games played in a-b-b-a-tie order to chose among the maps at the pool. a participant can not chose the same map twice. a participant can chose the same map/s as his opponent. map selections have to be announced at least the day before the match.
    • random tie breaker map: hub3tourney1
well and I think that that sums it all, so that's it, any questions, concerns or whatever just post it here and all that is left is simply that you set the dates here.

ps: therefore following this post admission for participation has now been ceased, no more participants will be accepted for the current event. you can however if you want still propose you for future events at this thread or by writing at the forums.

ps2: failing to answer to this post and follow the conversation in a "reasonable" amount of time (let's say a week) by the participants will also lead to permanent ban from the current and future events.