February 2024 community event

fpsclassico february 2024 ctf mini-cup - ahu clan champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: February 2024 community event

Post by adminless »

yes, it looks like it, they also picked this afternoon mpteam9 and q3ctf1 as their maps and crewctf from your picks so you can probably already go thinking about that (i.e. whether you prefer to play mpteam9 or q3ctf1). once I get their tie-breakers block I'll let you know here as well so stay tuned for that to leave this finally all set no later than the Saturday night.

@agi you (or anybody else) can probably PM him your contact here and/or some other point of contact you prefer to stay in touch. he won't be able to answer you (here) but hopefully he should reach out.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

[*]date: Saturday 23 of February of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01)

23 is Friday in hungary :> Saturday 24 of February of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01) ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes true, you're right, wrong copy paste and I missed to update the day (in number). sorry about that already updated in the public card. thank you for pointing it out.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

No problem, I just didn't want it to be a problem for someone else, because I wasn't looking at the date either, but the day, but I wouldn't be able to find it on the 23rd. AND I thought I'd say so that no one else has a problem with dandruff.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

@lisa_ann would be good if you would also reach out rest of the group

@adminless to pm him I need to be higher lvl cool user I guess, can't do it, actually I tried to click on his profile before I wrote this previous post

Edit: he turned off option I guess
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well done it's always better to clear it up than let it be and then have someone miss or anything. obviously the date is this Saturday 24.

@champi ok I just got the tie breakers block from gsp now (oasago2) then that means that all that is left to set up that is for you to chose between mkbase and dc_map23 for the tie-breaker along with obviously between mpteam9 and q3ctf1 for the second game within the next days (i.e. no later than the Saturday night). ok, when you know about that let me know to send you and post the final card here.

@agi you're cool already as far as I can tell so try again and let me know if it's not working or something to check it out.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

I'm not cool enough to reach out to "me" :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, you're right he has disabled forum user PM's on his account settings. ok send to me what you want to send him and I'll just forward it to him on the mail on grounds of "legitimate interest".
champi
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

adminless wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 21:42 well done it's always better to clear it up than let it be and then have someone miss or anything. obviously the date is this Saturday 24.

@champi ok I just got the tie breakers block from gsp now (oasago2) then that means that all that is left to set up that is for you to chose between mkbase and dc_map23 for the tie-breaker along with obviously between mpteam9 and q3ctf1 for the second game within the next days (i.e. no later than the Saturday night). ok, when you know about that let me know to send you and post the final card here.

@agi you're cool already as far as I can tell so try again and let me know if it's not working or something to check it out.
I don't wanna play dc_map23 ever in my life so I guess I ban it?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np, then that makes mkbase the tie-breaker, thank you. when you know about the other choice (mpteam9 or q3ctf1) let me know.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@champi btw just as a reminder here do not forget to submit no later than tomorrow (central European) night your choice from their mpteam9/q3ctf1 picks or if not by that time I'll just have to pick that myself in order to be able to deliver the fight card on time (i.e. no later than 24 hours before fight date). I hope I have made that clear so there's no issues/controversies with that later on.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

We wanna play Q3CTF1
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome PM for that sent now then and here it's the public card for reference:
  • tournament: fpsclassico ctf mini cup 2024
  • stage: second semi final
  • match-up: Ahu Clan VS GSP Team
    • Ahu Clan: champi, juju, deno, jonas, shantu
    • GSP Team: orgi, maka, miro, iron, ribx
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27965 or fpsclasico.de:27965
  • date: Sunday 25 of February of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
  • picks:
    • ahu: crewctf, q3ctf2 (-)
    • gsp: mpteam9 (-), q3ctf1
    • tie: oasago2 (b-), dc_map23 (a-), mkbase
  • maps: crewctf, q3ctf1, mkbase
  • format: best of three 5vs5 ctf games scored at 7 captures or 20 minutes with sudden death
  • notes: the third map is meant to be played regardless of the score and in the event of someone missing it could exceptionally be played 4vs4
  • important: make sure to have installed (and tested) those specific maps before coming to the server
ok then that means that we are finally all set for the semi finals here. I think that the first conclusion that can be drawn so far is that the pool indeed was fine, with the exception of dc_map23 I believe everything has been picked already as I see it. great then now after this stay tuned for the next week games to be discussed and scheduled, the winners on the grand final and the losers for a potential third place final given there's enough availability/interest on that (not mandatory this time given the circumstances) and that basically it overall just makes sense (i.e. that it's not a total mismatch/random game). good luck to everyone involved and have fun. see you all this night in-game at the first semi final of the tournament.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Map pool is not fine , I couldn't get a 5th team to play because people aren't exactly hyped to play 5v5 in Q3CTF1. MPTEAM9 is also a public ctf map , chaotic with no strategy. I am only participating because I am a strong supporter of any CTF activity and I appreciate your effort but in the future if you decide to host a more hardcore CTF event , only CTF2 and crewctf of that pool are acceptable in real tournaments play.
You'll maybe attract people more casuals from your own community but map pool isn't appealing for competitive CTF players.
I showed up 6 days late and it was too late to suggest better maps and I would have participated regardless , I want this event to succeed and more to be hosted in the future but map size per team size should always Be taken in consideration, some maps are simply too small for 5v5 and the game will be luck based instead of skill based.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey man as you're noting yourself and as we discussed before, this is not like it's a pro paid tournament of any sort or anything and I never even "sold" it or just basically promoted it as such. I think I made it clear from the start that there's a lot more to the game than just the hardcore games you're talking about so I don't think I mislead anybody here. some people just come here to have a good time and enjoy the game and I think that showed in the picks/teams so far thus I don't know how it will turn out in the future, if anything, but it seems to be doing fine by now to me. I mean, there's more teams/people than just you involved and it's always great to play/do something else beside UnFreeZe.