UnFreeZe Super League 2023, Second Leg

UnFreeZe Super League 2023, Second Leg - Immortal Clan First Place
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by adminless »

no, obviously that's not the point either pacman. as I said, I don't see the need for any sort of dramatic/drastic changes like that or any other ones beside just negotiating/mediating a few adjustments here and there depending on the specific circumstances and that's when the time comes which is not now btw quite frankly I believe that the whole soobschestvo/over/wtf/diamond/immortal thing it should have been enough as to at least spawn a couple of competitive teams rather than just barely five/six players at most and instead get everyone else left out/discarded. that should have probably also settled that but unfortunately it wasn't the case. anyways now just in topic this is what I currently have noted for the last week decisive fights of the season that are still at play:
  • Week 5
    • Double Trouble VS Team Community (Tuesday 12 of December of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: waiting from input about that from both to leave this scheduled within this week. additionally already waiting for community two picks from the second tier for this.
    • ASS Clan VS ILM Clan (Wednesday 13 of December of 2023 21:15 CET)
      • status: already confirmed such date so now just waiting for ilm two picks from the second tier for this as to continue with the procedure along the next days.
    • oKo Clan VS Immortal Clan (Thursday 14 of December of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: waiting from input about that from both to leave this scheduled within this week. additionally already waiting for immortal two picks from the second tier for this.
do not forget that deadline to get back about those ends this Sunday night and that from what I saw most of you are following this so you should already consider yourselves as informed of this by now.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 13:31

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by Liza »

Heero-2b wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 18:05 What don't you understand? It's from these "skill" stats - https://ranked.fpsclassico.com/index.php
Which I suppose is the result of the other stats. Taking it from your one stat seems pretty half-baked to me. Which isn't to say that mine is some sort of salvation, especially since I don't even know what all "skill" entails. But it's certainly more comprehensive than yours : )
Key words here are "I suppose' and 'certainly more comprehensive', which just proves that you have no clue how these figures are calculated. This is the rating for marketing purposes for public servers that inflates those who played more games and especially more recent games and not only doesn't correspond to reality but is designed not to show things fairly but rather motivate people to play more games.
However, these might be the only figures you can use to proove your point of view.
User avatar
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:00
in-game nick: cTh
Location: Polska

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Give it up and don't argue before Christmas. the only thing that gives balance in the tournament is map banning. for example, we fielded one of the weakest configurations on the overkill map and still won it 10-5. this shows that we have good teamplay and everything I say in the voiceover motivates us even more. I don't know if you use voicechat for communication at all. Here, even people who cannot speak English give information, for example kf - 50 (1 rail), fau - 100 (2 rails in a row). we usually know who has how much HP and what we can afford and we build the action based on what we know + our positions depending on whether they are more offensive or defensive. and the fact that we lose some maps is only due to the fact that one team simply played it better or the lack of communication on our part regarding the status and position of the players. in addition, there is the lack of knowledge of maps in that everyone can say "HE IS ON RED ARMOR" but not everyone can include, for example, "Shorts" or "Longs" in their statement. Please allow me not to comment on individual roles and aspects because it is part of my tactics. In my opinion, each team should work primarily on teamplay.

The fact that you are sitting together on voice is not teamplay in itself, the fact that you are talking to each other means nothing. you have to give yourself a ton of information about each player you hit and their position. then players who know who is best-good-average-poor quickly analyze the possibility of making the best decision for the TEAM, not for their statistics. by playing solely to increase your statistics, you will always end up with a score of 0-2 for the opposing team. come on, these are the basics of the game that some teams lack and it is visible after the three years that @Liza mentioned. individual skills are nothing when two low-tier players with rockets run into you, and you are all in a tight corridor, you have no information about the player's status (full HP, middle, LOW HP). for example, recently I have been mentioned quite often as one of the best players in the tournament and this should be an example for everyone. I don't make super statistics, often the number of deaths is equal to the number of homicides. but I can do a lot for the team, standing at the back and shooting Railguns, giving information about who I hit and who is standing where, I can write a round that won for us. I like, I even really like, seeing that opposing teams write (AMI, CTH, FAU, AIMER, KF, OLC), it highlights the dominance of some units, but it doesn't impress me. It never impressed me because I know my place in the row, I know what I can do and I know how not to let the team down so as to win individual rounds. I don't know if you notice it, but it would be useful for you to notice things this way too. Additionally, we have been playing with our oKo clan for a really long time and we can simply do many things as a team (we understand each other with the players, sometimes it is enough for one of us to say Cthulhu on voice and I already know what this player expects from me. Just using a machinegun which no one knows uses it to check the status of each opponent who is running at you 4v1. Or you don't know what to do and you are in the RA position alone against five?? You wait for armor, steal and you can attack from the spawn point, because the Top player buff will take place only in 20 seconds .that's why I love my team, because they can almost always adapt to what we intend to play as a team, what not to do and what to do depending on the rank of the game. I suspect that most of my clan won't read this, but if you do, please know that the team is the key, and the team that oKo presents is a great success. Additionally, when it comes to maps and blocking them, the idea is great, but I would improve it in the next competitions by not giving players the same choices. I mean, for example, dm7 and 7++ (leave e.g. 7++) and remove q3dm7 ( or another Tiers ) . additionally, the tier list is great, but in my opinion it needs improvement, i.e. dividing the list into three categories: classic maps, duel maps and the rest of the so-called crazy tier, where maps suggested by players could be located, for example, we remove all the hell13 crap, etc. and no one no one chooses it, no one even thinks about it. we add ts_dm4 or ts_ca1 map instead. the problem was quickly solved because if the third pool contains classic ( or desired maps ), extended and "new" maps, the problem solves itself because the vast majority of teams ban maps that are less frequently played. classics are not often played in this edition, but they are an inseparable part of the server that has this word in its name. therefore, it would be unwise to remove these maps just because they are not frequently selected or do not constitute the core.

I would also like to talk about two teams, the first one is Immortal, which has a good squad but would like to add one player to the team. listen, I know I started it with my post from half a year ago. I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything bad, which was probably even included in this post. I never expected it to be so popular to this day, but I would like to emphasize something. The Immortal team is one of the best on the server, where almost every player is a good player. I don't mean to emphasize this fact, but to emphasize the individuals themselves in their team. they play really good gameplay, I don't know what their communication is like, but the teamplay is at a good level. I know what you mean, but note that your team is currently in first place, which does not change the fact that each of the teams playing could take the podium if it were not for minor errors in the game, errors and incorrect or lack of communication. for me, your team is great even without this player, which you proved by playing against us. however, in my post from months ago I wrote that while I value balanced gameplay and that's all that matters to me, some of your practices are simply unfair. I mean assembling players at the highest level in order to win every game. I would like to add the fact that we rarely present the main squad, so you probably only have guesses as to what it actually looks like based on individual statistics from the servers or from the ranked website. the best proof will be winning all available games in the qualifying phase in the 2022 season. the same team, properly prepared and played, where we made only one significant change (there were two changes, but one bad one was replaced by another, better one). what I mean is that since our teams are so good at playing together. maybe they should be separated for balance? or remove one top player at a time??? it makes no sense. individual issues only count when finishing a frag, not in its full glory where 10 people shoot each other with railguns.

The second issue is the fact that we are played by a team that has no experience. a team like DT should be able to play in a 6v5 format from the very beginning because they do not have the experience to compete with more experienced teams. In my opinion, I am not disparaging them in any way, I am just stating a fact. if you don't have a good ingame leader or your team doesn't play at the same level (at least good for each player), it's a simple test. I hope that this experience will translate into the gameplay of individual players, and I don't mean just one team. each of us must, I repeat, MUST learn as we go. you gain experience in the game, above all, you KNOW what you can do, you don't try to be the MVP in every game, but you play sensibly to the benefit of the team. you provide important information in the game. you assume both offensive positions (more advanced, aggressive depending on the team's position on the map) and defensive, more withdrawn positions, waiting for an opportunity that they do not have to experience.
just like @KF, I give them good advice in private messages. I would like them to win at least one match in this configuration, it would be something out of this world. What do you think the table would look like if, for example, cTh and Miroslav joined this team? the effect would be similar, the team would be significantly strengthened, but it would still lack that specific "claw". the only thing that would happen is that oKo would be a line lower in this situation, although I'm not so sure about that. I remember games when we didn't have Bl!nd and WhoAmI in our lineup and we always played decent gameplay, but back then it wasn't divided into roles. that's why, in my opinion, most things in this edition of the UnFreeZe tournament played well, if not better than in previous seasons. the only thing I would complain about is the fact that some games are played on common days off, i.e. on Saturdays and Sundays. Please understand that I sometimes give up my plans for the sake of the team, which is not cool. but in some moments it's the team that counts, not the individual.

I do it all for the team. I play a lot because I have a lot of free time that I could use in other ways, but I still play. I play a lot because I want each of my teams, regardless of the composition we play, to be successful. just like the saying "one small step for me, one big step for humanity"

Since I wrote this, I would like to thank every team taking part in this competition. it means nothing to the rest of the world, but to us it matters. that's what counts the most . so my opinion is, stop with these arguments and start playing like TOP. and that's advice for every person and every team, even my team.
Camaradas Iks De
User avatar
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:00
in-game nick: cTh
Location: Polska

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I forgot to add, drink more of the magister blood and the transFUSION will be complete xD *pacass voice
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:05 I forgot to add, drink more of the magister blood and the transFUSION will be complete xD *pacass voice
I actually read it all lol , trying to imagine an accent with the commentary

Cth.ez split the clans I say lol
Heero-2b
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2022 17:09
Location: Czech Republic

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by Heero-2b »

Liza: single numbers? I don't need any number, in my 20 years of playing experience, I can compile the rank of the players here and you will see that it will not be so different from what I calculated here before, those teams would be ranked +- the same. but if you are so erudite, what exactly does "skill" count, can you please throw the formula in here?
Heero-2b
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2022 17:09
Location: Czech Republic

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by Heero-2b »

I would just like to remind you of the beginning of this league. it was almost played in 4 teams. and I would like to point out that if we are the only one who will be affected by the players, then you don't even have to deal with it, I can tell you that with almost complete certainty after feedback in our men's team. then rename the league to a charity event for retired Quakers who mainly wish to not lose much and play a close game every time. I'll at least start playing ql or qch :)
fau
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 18:46

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by fau »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:03 Give it up and don't argue before Christmas.
(...)
Good pasta :D

Interesting to hear how your team communicates. I gave up saying when I rail someone because from my experience it only works when it's a single person doing it and this is what I usually hear on pickups. But then you get only part of the picture (1/5) so it's not very useful. Now imagine all 5 players doing this, it would be a cacophony. I played few pickup games like this and I just turn myself off in such games, too much noise and can't focus on actually playing. And then I miss actually important info - where someone is frozen. Maybe it's just me, you guys are younger and probably can process this info faster. Also me not being a big team player, I was never a fan of team sports/games so maybe I didn't develop these "fast communication" skills as well when I was younger. I find it easier in something like football or volleyball too, because there is a lot of non-verbal communication possible there.

Myself personally I started with "narrating my own game" and other people speaking very little when we started, but since then I've been aiming to speak less during the game, shorter, more precise and leave more time and space for others to say what's important from their pov. Once one person talks a lot, others start to go quiet.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2021 15:08

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by redrum »

This is some serious text Cth, I will read it on long winter sleepless nights. :D And IMHO Heero solution ---- all players skill number limit of teams is good solution. Spliting team is st..id and wont work at all. The skill limit for teams cant create oportunity for B class / lower skill limit off course/ league, because like I said before I think I can create 2 teams right now, there are lots of players who wants play in turney, but they dont want DT :D outcome.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by PacMan »

Heero-2b wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:29
for retired Quakers who mainly wish to not lose much and play a close game every time. I'll at least start playing ql or qch :)
So in all of this discussion this sums it up , unfriz rules?
Edversion
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 9:57

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by Edversion »

There is one way to balance teams if that's one of the issues here. Make four "baskets" with A-best, B-very good, C-good, D-avarage players willing to play and then pick randomly two from each lists to form the teams. :) Team-play and organisation would be more important then than individual skills. Would be a fun experiment during a break and then getting back to original teams?

***

Although we have one more game to play, I think it is a good moment to say few words. As one of two DT "daddies" I wanted to thank you adminless for starting this tournament and managing everything, including servers. It's a lot of work.

I wanted to thank everyone who tried to help us from the very beginning. Honorally to mention few names, starting with Heero who sort of moved us to form this team on the deadline day. I wanted to thank kf, Ricky and cth who helped us and offered to do more. Sadly for us, we couldn't properly train as much as we hoped to, so sometimes we couldn't go back to those offers in the way these deserved to. It was (is) hell of the ride and, although results are as one would expect them to be, we tried our best and benefited from each game. Sadly, at the end I feel sorrow because of the words on GTV that I definitely don't share.
fau
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 18:46

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by fau »

Edversion wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 15:09 There is one way to balance teams if that's one of the issues here. Make four "baskets" with A-best, B-very good, C-good, D-avarage players willing to play and then pick randomly two from each lists to form the teams. :) Team-play and organisation would be more important then than individual skills. Would be a fun experiment during a break and then getting back to original teams
This is a draft tournament format (only instead of random, maybe let team captains pick players?). I've been trying to pitch this idea for a while but it's good for one-off event, don't think it would work for a long league. People want to be able to choose with whom they play.

Another idea would be to allow teams to grow even more as "clans" and then let them have "team a" and "team b". But I'm not sure if there is enough players for this to work.
Heero-2b
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2022 17:09
Location: Czech Republic

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by Heero-2b »

Edversion: nicely written. and as I wrote and as Gandalf said to Frodo - you are no longer the hobbit you used to be. and don't worry about it, it's ok, call me anytime.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by PacMan »

Edversion wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 15:09 There is one way to balance teams if that's one of the issues here. Make four "baskets" with A-best, B-very good, C-good, D-avarage players willing to play and then pick randomly two from each lists to form the teams. :) Team-play and organisation would be more important then than individual skills. Would be a fun experiment during a break and then getting back to original teams?

***

Although we have one more game to play, I think it is a good moment to say few words. As one of two DT "daddies" I wanted to thank you adminless for starting this tournament and managing everything, including servers. It's a lot of work.

I wanted to thank everyone who tried to help us from the very beginning. Honorally to mention few names, starting with Heero who sort of moved us to form this team on the deadline day. I wanted to thank kf, Ricky and cth who helped us and offered to do more. Sadly for us, we couldn't properly train as much as we hoped to, so sometimes we couldn't go back to those offers in the way these deserved to. It was (is) hell of the ride and, although results are as one would expect them to be, we tried our best and benefited from each game. Sadly, at the end I feel sorrow because of the words on GTV that I definitely don't share.
As fau , it's like a league over a year points thing different format game

As heero says , just ignore heero now lol
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5139
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by adminless »

yes one option it would be for people to signup individually instead and then for me (or anybody else) to set up the teams according to metrics as shown before (or anything else). that's in fact how this started and how the first edition was played however just as fau is pointing out that might work for a one-off event here and there but besides that it probably takes the fun away in the long run from the competition and that's not what people really want. I mean, edition after edition I always ask people to individually sign up here precisely for that, to build at least a balanced community team to participate, and the reality is that beside one or two at most players here and there nobody shows for that. I think that should answer you that so basically it's what it's and I'll just have to try my best to organize this in a way that is meaningful and that if it doesn't work for everyone at least it does for the majority and the most part. anyways, that said, I repeat although it's true that there's always some room for improvement and some things could have been better I think it was nevertheless a great edition (if not the best) and it played out very good.