Could we vote for the next map in the dead of night?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
nattvday
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: oKo*Mango/Mango/nattvday

Re: Could we vote for the next map in the dead of night?

Post by nattvday »

oKo*Magister wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 14:51 Say that to p0rsche and berkut lol
Oh yes they switching teams all the time messing up with the game! :sick:
nattvday
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: oKo*Mango/Mango/nattvday

Post by nattvday »

adminless wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:01 hey great news thanks for the info I guess that after the finals I'll ban you for a month or so as reward for your findings.
Isn't that a lil bit too harsh? :geek:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I don't think so, he himself, got various guys banned for that very same exact reason. I don't even think that there's much to "explain", exploiting the game is simply not allowed. haven't you see the other thread about guys furious beyond belief because, for example, q3dm16 loading "for a inappropriate number of players"? well I guess this now should answer you that and tell you why. as said, since it appears the situation didn't escalate during these weeks I guess I can probably short that into just 10 days. that's probably the best I can do.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .WTF!P0rsche?!

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

Hello everyone. I try not to change teams in order to keep the balance of the teams. But, there are times when you want to play in the same team with your close friends. I respect the feelings of other people, so I try not to lead my moves to an imbalance of teams.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah the only problem with that is that it kills the game and therefor is not allowed as stated many times so just don't (over) do it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 21:30 yeah the only problem with that is that it kills the game and therefor is not allowed as stated many times so just don't (over) do it.
And they still doing it , some games are just terrible when they do this

And berkut using script to flood the screen at the end of the game

Asses
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, then I guess that I'll ban them for a few days too as a warning so far. thanks for report.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

adminless wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 21:43 ok, then I guess that I'll ban them for a couple of days too as a warning so far. thanks for report.
Adminless, what are you talking about? nothing has gone anywhere, because we rarely play, and not always for the same team. Pacman just gives false information, by the way, this criminal article is called "slander".
Yes, sometimes we move for the same team, but only if it does not interfere with the balance.

So our game doesn't bother anyone. And Pacman has been jealous for a long time that we play cool and he doesn't, he even left the WTF clan Himself. Although , if he hadn 't left by himself , we would have kicked him out )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

don't mix up things, I know you (both) have at least done an serious effort at better yourselves and that's why I'm being patience with you and giving it just a few days ban. you have been as well messing up with more people beside admitting to the same team switching for you have been banned plenty of times (among other things) already so just take the few days ban and move on. trust me on that.
Bl!nd
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Bl!nd »

BAN BAN BAN
so the title is "can we vote for the NEXT map" and as i know there is such vote in quake
Whats bad in it?
Like, u should see how dramatically server goes from 22 to 6 people when dm10 starts, there is only few people who really likes it along with those ones who just dont give a f what map to play
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

:crazy: :crazy:
.WTF!P0rsche?! wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 0:00
adminless wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 21:43 ok, then I guess that I'll ban them for a couple of days too as a warning so far. thanks for report.
Adminless, what are you talking about? nothing has gone anywhere, because we rarely play, and not always for the same team. Pacman just gives false information, by the way, this criminal article is called "slander".
Yes, sometimes we move for the same team, but only if it does not interfere with the balance.

:
So our game doesn't bother anyone. And Pacman has been jealous for a long time that we play cool and he doesn't, he even left the WTF clan Himself. Although , if he hadn 't left by himself , we would have kicked him out )
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@blind yes, the thread is about voting and the answer was the same as always, no. callvote is well known and proven for a fact after decades running top public servers like these to completely kill public servers as it creates a lot more problems than what it supposedly "solves" (which is pretty much nothing). the rotations are just fine (i.e. generally good) the way they are and if not people can just discuss and even vote for changes here on the forum as that was the case for what q3dm10 was reintroduced for example so ask your homie as well as pretty much the whole rest of the community about it, not me. q3dm10 was reintroduced specifically because the whole community requested it and voted unanimously to reintroduce it not really because one day I just got up and dropped it there. now whoever wants more specific direct in-game customization of the game teams/maps or anything else beyond that can simply go to the private server where voting is indeed completely enabled for that reason. that being said all that has nothing to do with all the same shit of breaking the teams, the rotation and/or just the game basically for what various has been (and will continue to be) reported and banned already so as with P0rsche do not mix up things as they are different things. and btw as for "q3dm10 loading for 22 people" I think that you can as well ask your homie about it as unless people quits at random that map only loads when the servers are mid busy not when they are full or almost full.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

adminless, I do not know who voted for dm10 , but it is really a statistical fact that people do not like this map because it is too tight.
I think, almost sure, that the focal_p132 and hektik_b3 map will become Hits and favorites among players. Since these cards are very well balanced in geometric configuration, they have both close and long distances.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

ql_aerowalk - super nice map / i think we must try her.
q3dm16 - interesting only for fun, but do not intersting for semipro and pro players . . .
on this map, it is easy to fly into the abyss from the received realgans if you jump on the jump pad. And when skilled players play, they hit well. but now the level of players has grown. Therefore, it becomes boring to walk on this map.

very nice maps is :
focal_p132
hektik_b3
ql_aerowalk
pro-dcmap7 (as was on championship)
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

There is also an option to allow only "callvote nextmap". But I'm not saying it would work great on public. @bl1nd do you think Lapetus will see eye to eye with you on what's best map? It's easy to imagine other players will have the same map-preferences as myself, but the reality is different. Maybe on glacius? There is more homogenous and integrated playerbase there.