small summer ctf event

casual fpsclassico ctf events
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: small summer ctf event

Post by adminless »

yes I know sure back in the early 2000's by the most elitist among the most elitist players (i.e. again a <0.1% >2500 rating players) on top pro esports events for six figures on prizes and all that kind stuff but that's simply not what I do here. as I said plenty of other times I don't run this for the 0.1% and 2500+ elo players, quite frankly I give two fucks about such marginal portion of players that never really add anything and all they are good at is to bitch for ages about any irrelevant shit. I do not even care about such people, I do care and run this for the other way around, the 99.9% and the 2500-- elo players that is on the same page and looking to have a good time and let go/move forward. so if you looking for that kind of stuff go look and sign up elsewhere because you came to the wrong place. this has nothing to do with all that, did I make myself clear this time?
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ^>!<FraG_MasiN

Post by FraG_MasiN »

hi adminleess am in is :D add my there pls wen there is still room ? FraG_MasiN
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure thanks for joining in, with you we're six confirmed so far then (aimer, miro, semi, flithypirate, nickaero, frag_masin) and two (or one potential more people, mwhq3 and kf I'm not even that sure he finally wants to do this, probably not I guess). that means we need at least two more people to make this happen the next week or ideally up to another 6 people for up to 12 players max. great, waiting to see if somebody else show up.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

I think I will rename to FlithyPirate in honor of Adminless.. :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ops sorry for the typo, didn't even notice hehe I'll take it into account. thanks for poiting it out.
viper++
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: .DC!Viper++!?

Post by viper++ »

Add me to the player list
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, great then we just need at least one more player to secure the next Sunday 4 of September 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) or try to reschedule in the mean time for mwhq3, which btw now clearly has preference over kf, if necessary to make it happen. obviously, until then there's still 4-5 slots more available to complete the party so as usual for those around interested do not miss this opportunity to participate. awesome then it seems like it's finally gonna happen so stay tune.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Hey!

Can I join this event?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure of course :thumbsup:
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

Hey there, I'd love to play, great idea to activize community 💪
Little update for me, 4th - can't appear:/
Last edited by Agi on Sun Aug 28, 2022 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
adrenaline
User lv1
User lv1

Post by adrenaline »

Hello, I would love to join in on the fun :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

good news then I guess that probably by now I see the following teams draft for the next Sunday 4 of September of 2022 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) of this small ctf event:
  • team red: miro, viper, frag_masin, filthypirate, serbo
  • team blue: aimer, semi, nick, @('_')@, agi
great then I guess that probably this should confirm the event then I need now everybody who signed up to confirm that they can participate at such date or inform they can not in the next days and as usual those that do sign up please later show up and don't be that somebody that always needs to ruin the fun. for the rest as can be seen there's probably still up to two more slots available (5vs5 plus two changes/backups per team/total just in case to be safe/comfortable) so if somebody else is interested don't miss this chance and sign up here. once everything is resolved, I'll PM the final event card (with the pass/teams and all that) here on the forum around the Thursday/Friday so those that joined please stay tune.

as for the server/event as I said, it's gonna be played on the pub ctf server (just passworded) as-is so most likely than not the warmup rounds are gonna be fixed at 6/7 mins without the need to ready and if necessary I'll simply extend them, sort them or just restart the map. probably I could code the ready feature in time there but just to be safe I think we can just work it out like this time and as I said if these small ctf events gain some momentum as well just be re-evaluated on the future for another occasion as well as the format, other maps and all that. just as the saying goes, when you build the house, you don't start with the roof. additionally, I'll try my best to record some games but in line with the previous I don't have some assists here as I do on the UnFreeZe/masters thing (which to some extend are bullet proof) and I'm not even entirely sure what exactly to record at all times, nor there will be gtv so it would be great if in addition to my recording attempts some of you post here (for example) some recordings of your own of the event to produce some videos afterwards.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

sounds good, still in for the 4th!
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

I am in.

Team red has a wtf flavour to it - coincidence or wanted?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha I don't know may be a bit of both but I think that those teams, still at the wait of some reinforcements which could change them, can work good.