fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

fpsclassico masters 22 - Miroslav super champion
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Re: fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 20:16 yes but the game came out in 1999 and the rulesets were obviously designed/tested/marketed for the hardware/connections of the era not of two/three generations later. besides I can also tell you for a fact that the unlag code delag stuff beyond what would ever be possible even with the light speed quantum hardware of 3000+. so no, even there the unlag would still provide superior performance beyond what's just possible on the original game. I mean, don't get me wrong, not talking down unlag, hell that's exactly in what all the rest of the servers are based and it's great, but when it comes to elite quake duels it's a fact that without further modifications/balance it significantly impacts the classic dynamic/strategy (from who plays/knows the game/map better more into just a accuracy contest).
For the record, I highly disagree with this statement. People on 10 ping should already be hitting >30 LG and >50 rail. All unlag does is bring people with higher ping up to that level. Unlag isn't technically exactly like lan, but balance and gameplay wise it is really close.

If there is belief it turns into an aim contest and plays different, then there is just an expectation that in baseq3/osp netcode everyone will miss shots they should normally be able to hit if they were 0 ping. This is nothing but an artificial handicap that unfairly effects players who are farther from the server. I firmly believe anyone who dislikes playing on unlag actually just hates quake3 balance and would complain similarly on lan or if everyone had 10 ping.

Aim is a big pillar of the game, but positioning, movement, and item timing can still win out. Duel is duel, even if everyone was effectively an aimbot, you could still play smart and get consistent wins.

I honestly see it as the entire opposite. All playing without unlag does is turn it into an aim contest as the person with lower ping will almost always do more damage and can abuse that in almost every fight, beating out a player who could be positioning and timing way better but may be missing entirely due to ping.

More on topic, magister has been putting in a lot of practice and has improved quite a bit. Was fun to watch him play.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

sure and precisely to backup that you post that right after the unstable ping 40 dude beat 75:33 on combined on record score the dude with the direct server DWDM link at stables 3-4 msec ping. look, will the server work on another continent? come on, obviously it won't, everybody knows that. that being said it's a proven fact that it at least delivers consistent games and meaningful scores for the central European region for exciting moments as you can see, it played good. as I told you on the server thread (where basically you just wrote this same btw) if you're interested in participate I guess I can sign you up for a undercard event to dispute at some time during the development of the main event for a ranked fight at the community server in case some other notable opponent shows up. just let me know, that's probably the best I can do for you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys the tournament heat stage has been completed with a more than exciting Cthulhu against MyWifeHatesQ3 duel that resolved with a 3:1 victory in favor of Cthulhu on a overall closely matched fight. two players with very different styles met this night so it became more of a attack versus strategy duel with Cthulhu putting the pressure while MyWifeHatesQ3 trying to better manage the situation. in that sense the first and third map clearly favored Cthulhu style and he dominated them for the most part to secure two solid points. the second one was a total different story where MyWifeHatesQ3 superior map control allow to draw the fight to a double over-time finish to end taking it. surprisingly despite being a Cthulhu choice and apparently suiting his offensive style the fourth and ultimately decisive map was still another close fight where despite Cthulhu leading for the most part MyWifeHatesQ3 keep it always at reach hinting at times at a potential comeback. unfortunately for him it wasn't the case and Cthulhu prevailed to at least make it into the eight best players of the tournament so congrats on a solid victory and thank you both for a clean and good fight. well played both, ggs.

ok, then I guess that is time to move on into the next round, the Quarter Finals. so here are the initial schedules for the next week, as usual, I'm obviously not asking for a commitment as we speak, just note them and when you know what dates suits you to make those fights happen the next week just get back to me, typically no later than this week obviously (i.e. no later than this Sunday central European daylight saving time night). additionally in this week I start with the undercard events as some of you had requested, they are obviously not mandatory (as they are not part of the main event you signed up for) still I really encourage you to complete them anyways. I start with a ninth place fight but the format or even the participants can vary for successive weeks with the possibility to even open it to people that for some reason or another missed the main event (so if somebody is interested in something specific just let me know/feel free to drop it here). ok, without further redo here are the next week schedules/events:

Quarter-Finals
  1. Mirsolav vs Cthulhu (Tuesday 19 of April of 2022 21:00 CEST [UTC+02])
  2. fau vs Magister (Wednesday 20 of April of 2022 21:00 CEST [UTC+02])
undercards
  1. ninth place match (Thursday 21 of April of 2022 21:30 CEST [UTC+02])
    • MyWifeHatesQ3 vs Orgi
and that's it so far, I hope you all enjoyed this heat round and had a good time sharing the game. catch you on the quarter finals.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@miro I added warmup items today to the community masters server so check it out and let me know how you see that now. additionally as a small revision I added as well map pro-nodm9 to the map pools (both servers) as I felt that for this level of skill it was largely missing. being just a q3dm13 remix/remake it could probably be added for the tournament as it shouldn't really change anything but probably to avoid any controversy initially it won't be selectable until the next event (for next events it will just form part of the normal pool). it will however be available to chose for the undercard events though just in case someone is interested.

other than so far received fau confirmation and picks for the suggested Wednesday 20 of April of 2022 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) date, pukka3tourney2 and hektik_b3. waiting to hear more input from the rest (currently miro, cthu, magi, wifehatesq3, orgi) to leave the next week matches all set.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hi adminless

Thanks! I will check the server out.
Time is confirmed.
Maps: i currently consider playing something that I usually dont play. Will inform you on time though.

Best,
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, sounds good, thanks for the input then just waiting to hear from cthu/magi to leave set the first round of quarters. no problem, just make sure to let me know/announce them before this Monday.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

the date suits me. maps - pro-q3tourney4 (1) and hektik_b3 (2)
Camaradas Iks De
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

maps: pro-q3dm6 pukka3tourney2

the server looks good - seems to work as intended!

best
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome PM sent to both of you now then for the first quarterfinal. let me know if you haven't received it or something, otherwise, fight hard, fight clean, have fun and good luck to both of you.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

I pick phrantic and pro-q3tourney4 :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great ok then this week quarters confirmed, I'll send PM tomorrow. let's see if the ninth place happens as well.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

ninth place match (Thursday 21 of April of 2022 21:30 CEST [UTC+02])

works for me! :)

Same maps for me pls: tourney3 + pro-tourney4
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome thank you for the update then if MyWifeHatesQ3 is in as well everything should be set for the next week round and I'd send you PM later today. btw additionally please notice that after evaluation I updated now the respective calendar/s with 21:15 as the new default time for the matches as from what I heard/saw I think it's more convenient to give some room to warmup/setup and so considering the daylight saving time/season. 21:00 was probably better for the UnFreeZe thing (winter time, no time constrain etc) but 21:15 I think it works better here (more comfortable overall) then please notice that this will already affect this week 21:00 matches that will start at 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) instead (Q1 and Q2, Tuesday and Wednesday respectively). I understand there should be no problems with that, right? have fun.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

orgi69 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 15:17 ninth place match (Thursday 21 of April of 2022 21:30 CEST [UTC+02])

works for me! :)

Same maps for me pls: tourney3 + pro-tourney4
And for me. I choose hub3tourney1 and phantq3dm1_rev
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome thanks for the update. I'll send you both fight PM tomorrow then.