fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

fpsclassico masters 22 - Miroslav super champion
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

Post by adminless »

hehe is top skill overall but don't worry that I look forward setting another small undercard cup/event or something with the first round losers so saty tune. sure 21:15 it's fine with me, as said, once the sign up deadline finish and the tournament becomes final we'll agree each final individually as usual. btw the deadline to join end in two days approx and there's still a couple of slots left, anybody else interested?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

orgi69 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 16:01 uff, my first match against KF :crazy:
Can we do 21:15 due my worktime?

You read that yeah, there will be undercard event unless you use orgi power and kf Feil's with his reil
Heero-2b
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Heero-2b »

@adminless - I am very sorry, but please unsubscribe me from the tournament, I apologize again for organizational complications. GLHF to all
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok no problem so then we're 10 again. I'll correct the charts later. thanks for the update.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok finished updating and adjusting the calendar accordingly to the current situation. please notice that as it looks like finally the turnout isn't gonna be much higher than around 10 people I rescheduled the heats for early April, the quarters for late April and the finals for early May as you can see now. although there's still two days left to sign up (so there could still be changes) I think that by now we should start to consider how those dates fit for you in order to start scheduling them by the end of this week. as I said if nothing changes in the next two days by the Friday nigh that will finally be it. as can be seen on that chart the heat losers will have the opportunity to schedule a undercard ninth place match and although this time it's not included on the main event there's as well the possibility to dispute a third place final if by that time there's appetite for it. ok, I think that should be it by now, as usual if somebody has some question/problem or anything just let me know.

for the rest just letting you know that to celebrate this event I also setup a new masters community edition server following your requests and feedback at addresses fpsclasico.de:27971 or fpsclasico.eu:27971 today. of course, it's not the same kind of competitive setup but still I think it's a great server nevertheless to have some fun as well as aid in the training when the main one is busy so I think that you should definitely check that as well.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

oh great

how can i reach this server via ipv6? i seem to have the wrong address...

best regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

tried both IPv6 now and it was working just fine besides as I see it on the console you're just connected via IPv6 as we speak (same as infinity btw). to distinguish between IPv4 or IPv6 when connecting to a server just pass -4 or -6 as argument to the connect command (ex. \connect -6 fpsclasico.de:27971). alternative just to be safe the IPv6 themselves are 2a01:367:c204::41:66 and 2a00:12d8:210b::3c respectively (ex. \connect [2a00:12d8:210b::3c]:27971). you also have them as well noted on the in-game browser of the provided packages (as well as the endpoint).
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

ah i just played him...i mixed up the port numbers. when i do /connect -6 <ipv4>:port it doesnt work so I usually do /connect -6 [ipv6]:port and then it works...but i just messed up the ports...my bad...

feels nice and it is not osp. what type of mod is that? it feels like ur unfreeze mod just set up as duel which is nice

best,
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

if you specify the numbers (ex 45.89.125.45 or 2a01:367:c204::41:66) the -4 or -6 doesn't even make sense since you can not connect via IPv6 through a IPv4 address and vice versa. the -4 or -6 are used with the dns instead as the dns resolve through the two different ip versions. yes, it's pretty much that, a community based vanilla unlagged duel server. as I said, it probably won't be the pinnacle of everything but overall I think it turned out at least decent and it looks like another worthy addition.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

the server itself is pretty good and feels smooth and probably nubfriendly but I am uncertain if I wanted to play tournaments there. rail is just very OP because of unlagged. it is nice for everyone who got ping > 10 but it basically destroys the game...probably explains now why ql rebalanced weapons and such. it also tells me that rail is likely op on regulary unfreeze servers...but its nice...instaunlagged ^^
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

of course I know that's exactly why I said that the server wasn't meant to be competitive just a small addition for public games and fun/training. yes, overall without any further changes/adjustments as in UnFreeZe/cpma/vql and so the classic duel dynamic/strategy gets pretty much ruined. as I've wrote other times, for the good or the bad, the lag was definitively part of the original balance of the game and without it the original rulesets just get broken as you can see (note that on that era even playing on lan there's was significant lag, it wasn't by any means that perfect). anyways don't worry that the server for the main event will be the classic masters one not the community one. if so I believe the new one could have a spin at some undercard event or so by now but not as the main thing.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

it was just neutral feedback no criticism btw:

I think people usually playing unfreeze will enjoy the server because the feel is exactly the same. I also benefit from it with my unstable connection so in this regard it is fun. I just think when two advanced players play each other it shows the problems in the q3 weapon balance, so its not ur fault that the server/ unlagged mod is good. overall it is a just very outstanding job.

if you could add weapons for warmup (which btw is not a big deal since the game starts after 30seconds) that would be nice but other than that it is really smooth. good job!
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 0:05 the server itself is pretty good and feels smooth and probably nubfriendly but I am uncertain if I wanted to play tournaments there. rail is just very OP because of unlagged. it is nice for everyone who got ping > 10 but it basically destroys the game...probably explains now why ql rebalanced weapons and such. it also tells me that rail is likely op on regulary unfreeze servers...but its nice...instaunlagged ^^
Cope harder, this is the percentage people will hit on LAN , if you dislike unlagged means you don't like q3
I wouldn't oppose 90 dmg rail 7dmg LG tho, with everything else constant.
Anyway stop playing duel it sucks
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

"this is the percentage people will hit on LAN" back in 1999 with a pentium 133 mhz mmx and a dusty ball mechanic mouse over a noisy curved crt attached to a pci vga? really? I highly doubt it.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

adminless wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 18:08 "this is the percentage people will hit on LAN" back in 1999 with a pentium 133 mhz mmx and a dusty ball mechanic mouse over a noisy curved crt attached to a pci vga? really? I highly doubt it.
Today