fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

fpsclassico masters 22 - Miroslav super champion
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Re: fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

Post by nickaero »

adminless wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 0:29 ok I'm done with the tournament draft so far, you can check it here so check it out and let me know how you see that by now and/or if anybody have any questions. the dates from the heats to the quarters are far apart as I'm probably expecting some more people to sign up on next days until complete a round of 16 probably. as usual the dates noted so far are just suggestions to be discussed fight after fight. in my opinion at this level of participation anything beyond that would probably be unrealistic.
Why are we rushing this? Let's wait a bit longer for more people to join. The player rhnotm has just told me he has some EU buddies that might be interested in participating
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

not rushing it as I said until the next Weekend there's time to sign up. I think that's a appropriate deadline to sign up given the interest and probably waiting anymore to get started it would be a turn off in my opinion. btw have you heard anything back from Ricky? he hasn't joined the forum yet.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

I'd like to take part too.
However, I suggest multi-stage knockout approach.
For example, miroslav, fau, aimer start from quarterfinal.
Semisek, Ricky+2 could start from 1/8. Fusion, Chtulhu could start from 1/16. Mywife, nickaero and other 'noobs' could start from the earliest stage.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the other 'noobs' are actually seeds/top dogs as well themselves (heero/sn1) so I believe the straight cup is probably the best approach. the other thing would probably feel more like two different events/categories and it wouldn't probably even really fit. I mean, by the end of the week once all is set the current tournament draft will become definitive so we'll see how it finally gets adjusted depending on who finally signed up for this. ok, awesome then I'll add you to the current matchups draft later on today. thank you for joining in.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, updated the current tournament draft with the new match up. basically I'll go adding match ups there until complete the round of 16 as people will go signing up during this week. if later on there's really interest I think that what can be done is just a undercard cup/event among the first round losers (or at least some of them) depending on the calendar outside of the main event as usual. ok, anybody else interested? we're currently 11 I think that having at least 16 people seems realistic/good to me.
sn1
User lv2
User lv2

Post by sn1 »

why don't you just draw some bracket pool like in challonge.com or some other site like that? so people would understand better i think..just as advice, you can just google image that site to see what i mean.
so you will just share bracket link in forum's topic post
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Hey I'm withdrawing from this tournament, sorry for the inconvenience
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@sn1 for me the most clear is always the text but it's not big deal I guess later I could setup one such bracket if that's more clear for the rest. thanks for the suggestion.

@nick ok, no problem, unlucky, I'll remove you later. thanks for the update.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, updated the tournament draft before and created a small bracket for the tournament here. let me know, if that's more clear now. codes like those there's many around so I just grabbed one, I guess that should do the job. as said, obviously the dates and match ups can vary depending on who finally shows up by the end of this week so until then that's just a draft for you to get a general idea so far. in the current draft a example for a undercard match afterward could be a matchup between both heat losers for the ninth place provided the calendar/interest allows for it.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Ok, sign me in please. I wanted to skip this one because of osp and getting tired of quake in general, but so many players signed in already and playing every day... I'll be a good sport and play too. I don't expect to do anywhere as good as previous times so the tournament probably won't last so long for me neither.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news, sounds good, welcome in. I'll adjust the current drafts/brackets accordingly later. hehe yes I know it's looking hot to be honest, as I said, people had requested me this over the last months (even as much or more than the UnFreeZe thing to my surprise). good, ok so we're 11 again, anybody else? I think somewhere between 12-16 people should be the sweet spot for this, both for the main event (obviously) as well as potential undercard events/fights that might spawn after the heats/round of 16. so anybody around don't miss this great chance to duel.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Hello, I would play too, but I have a problem with days off from work, every weekend I work. I have a free spit during the week. So to play it is not time for me. month
and there will be a stream from this? :)
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

There will be GTV bot probably.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well the final dates will obviously have to be agreed on a match basis but initially the plan is to make this week day nights so if you want I can just sign you up and if for some reason you can't finally play or another people show to complete sixteen then your opponent will advance or you'll stay as reserve. let me know if that suits you. for the rest, sure of course, the ranked permanent gtv server will be attached for the fights so people will be able to watch them live as usual. additionally all of them will be recorded and posted here.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

uff, my first match against KF :crazy:
Can we do 21:15 due my worktime?