Post by nickaero »

Btw there were Q3 LANs in 2008
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

Post by adminless »

yes but the game came out in 1999 and the rulesets were obviously designed/tested/marketed for the hardware/connections of the era not of two/three generations later. besides I can also tell you for a fact that the unlag code delag stuff beyond what would ever be possible even with the light speed quantum hardware of 3000+. so no, even there the unlag would still provide superior performance beyond what's just possible on the original game. I mean, don't get me wrong, not talking down unlag, hell that's exactly in what all the rest of the servers are based and it's great, but when it comes to elite quake duels it's a fact that without further modifications/balance it significantly impacts the classic dynamic/strategy (from who plays/knows the game/map better more into just a accuracy contest).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well let's get on-topic again here, it's Friday CEST night already and nothing have changed since the last update then that means that the tournament draft has finally become final and hopefully we're all set to get started. ok, so let's go for it, these are the current schedules for this week fights:
  • heats
    1. Magister vs Orgi (Tuesday 12 of April of 2022 21:15 CEST [UTC+02])
    2. Cthulhu vs MyWifeHatesQ3 (Wednesday 13 of April of 2022 21:00 CEST [UTC+02])
please everybody involved (i.e. magi, orgi, cthulhu and wife) get back to me when possible to either confirm those dates or if not possible to reschedule the fights within the coming week. additionally as a reminder once scheduled the fights do not forget to announce your maps choices in term.

ok, for the rest, as I see it I believe that the main event should probably be played in full on the classic masters server (i.e. fpsclasico.eu:27966 or fpsclasico.de:27966). I wouldn't expect any fights on the main event to happen at any of the other masters server (i.e. either the quakelive one or the community edition). other than that, for the undercard events/fights I propose the following schemes for successive weeks, a ninth place fight (which seems like it's gonna happen), some potential matchups between the quarterfinal losers (or some of them) at some of the other servers (i.e. ql/community), a third place final and ultimately some sort of potential unified/undisputed special bout. so please everybody stay around that this has just started now.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

The date suits me. I choose the toxicity (1) and aerowalk (2)
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news thanks for the update then let's wait to hear back from mywifehatesq3 and you'll be set. what about magi/orgi?
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

I'm okay with next Tuesday. Maps pick is - Toxicity as first map, hektik as second :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome noted and waiting to hear from orgi as well.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

We agreed to adjust time to 21:30 CEST.
Maps: phantq3dm1_rev, hub3tourney1.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good then according the tournament rules the second heat will go pukka3tourney2, phanq3dm1_rev, hub3tourney1, hub3aeroq3 and pro-q3dm6 the next Wednesday 13 of April of 2022 21:30 CEST (UTC+02). I'll adjust the calendar and send you the fight PM tomorrow (afk now). fight hard, fight clean, have fun and good luck.

ok so now only waiting for input from orgi to seal the first week (the heats) of the tournament.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

Sorry, cth just sent me a reminder! Tuesday 21:15 is fine for me

Don't know about the maps, didnt speak to Magi about it. For my side I want to play: q3tourney3 and/or q3tourney4 :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good thank you for the update, btw you are finally fighting magi not kf as there was changes on the tournament line up. other than that unfortunately q3tourney4 (the classic one) is not on the tournament map pool so I understand I note you for the "pro" version instead (pro-q3tourney4), right? ok, great news then we're all set for this week fights, PM for the other heat sent this morning (let me know if haven't received) and I'll send you both next.

for the rest just as a reminder for those new around or those that just don't know remember that all the fights will be broadcasted live on a gtv dedicated spectator server at addresses fpsclasico.de:27972 or fpsclasico.eu:27972. the server is usually attached to the ranked server (UnFreeZe) so it will be manually attached few minutes before to the masters one. once attached just by connecting to those address on your Quake III Arena client will show the match. additionally on duel streams you can swith players pov with the command \gtv_nextview once connected.

have fun and good luck to everyone.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

yes, thank you :)
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

@Adminless I have a question. Do we need to post our demos or no?
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it shouldn't be necessary as if nothing breaks I guess I'll just take them from the gtv. on quakelive (which isn't gonna be used for the main event) yes though (as there's no gtv there).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, the opening game of the tournament has been decided with a strong victory for Magister that will advance to the next round (quarter finals) while orgi will be scheduled for a ninth place duel against the loser of the other heat next week. overall a great show to start the tournament, magister clearly proved to be the most skilled/experienced of the pair and therefor probably had no trouble dominating both his maps. orgi had his chances to went the distance with a great choice for first home map, q3tourney3, where he showed great mastery but unfortunately just couldn't secure his second one, pro-q3tourney4, which ultimately proved to be decisive in favor of his opponent. on the ref side hopefully I think everything went smooth and there was no incidents whatsoever of any kind, either technical or personal, so thank you very much to both for a good and clean fight. ggs and congrats to the winner.

ok, and that should be it by now, as usual videos/demos tomorrow on a separate thread and scoreboards/stats already updated as we speak. and of course, coming next the second heat of the tournament tomorrow night so make sure to tune in and not miss the fun.