Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by ...jutuli... »

I am all for any change. The last days and weeks I am getting more and more annoyed by doing ping-pong ball between "teammates".

Many people already know the maps and respawns very well and just shoot where they think the enemy is going to appear, regardless of whether they have a player in the way, do rocketjumps regardless of standing next to a player.

I found myself struggling to adapt to team play (when we were training in OfC) as I'm used to avoiding crowds and especially teammates and trying to run around the map alone to move and aim at all...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

to be honest with the tournament stuff and all that I pretty much had forgot about this but as I see that this is still a hot topic I believe that probably I can try to then disable team knockback in few days once the tournament is done and then we'll see how it turns out. in my opinion that's probably the best option for this.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

adminless wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 20:09 I can try to then disable team knockback in few days once the tournament is done and then we'll see how it turns out. in my opinion that's probably the best option for this.
IMHO best will be using ----- self damage, team damage, negative point for killing teammate ------- on one server /unfreeze or fun / to see how many people will play with these rules.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I don't think that's gonna happen. I mean, rocket jumping is a integral part of this mode and activating friendly fire would just led to intentional team killing. clearly that would only make the game much worse.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 20:09 to be honest with the tournament stuff and all that I pretty much had forgot about this but as I see that this is still a hot topic I believe that probably I can try to then disable team knockback in few days once the tournament is done and then we'll see how it turns out. in my opinion that's probably the best option for this.
What's team knock back dude?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the push your shots make on team mates.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Adminless wrote : I believe that probably I can try to then disable team knockback in few days once the tournament is done
I admit that I am very impatient to play without the knock back because I am really tired of being killed by enemies because I am pushed by players who do not know how to aim or who shoot everywhere hoping to get a kill in addition to those that spam all doors and corridors before you even see an enemy :!:

Will removing knock back work for all weapons or just rockets :?:

The end of the tournament is scheduled for when :?:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the tournament ends next week and initially I guess I'll remove it for all weapons but I wouldn't get my hopes very high about it as I don't think is gonna do very good. probably it will lead to many awkward situations like death ends/people blocking so I don't even think that people will end up liking it that much. as I wrote before in my opinion the game is just fine the way it's and that's probably the best it can do but anyways at the same as many of you have requested it it's not big deal to give it a try and see how it really does not just what I think.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Adminless, thank you for your answers...

and thank you for accepting to try this change which will allow us to better judge for ourselves even if it is better or worse...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, now with the tournament finished this morning I finally disabled the team knockback on the public servers so please let me know how you see that now. overall I believe it ultimately didn't turn out that bad, probably the biggest upside is that now there should be no more bans for team shooting I guess. that was probably the top ban reason lately so we'll see.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Well. I have to admit that with an incomplete server it really works. we'll see how it will be with 22 people. remember the rockets keep pushing away as you shoot centrally at your teammate. However, pushing your companions away in the event of a shot at the floor or wall does not work, which in my opinion is a very pleasant innovation, especially when it comes to taking a sniper position. I will speak on this topic again after the evening games.
Camaradas Iks De
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

I propose disabling rockets, nades and rail interaction between "alive" team mates. LG and plasma should stay enabled. All interaction with frozen bodies should remain.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

nickaero wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 13:23 I propose disabling rockets, nades and rail interaction between "alive" team mates. LG and plasma should stay enabled. All interaction with frozen bodies should remain.
no man, why disabling railshots ? that is not a problem at all in my opinion.I think that's not only my opinion .

only rockets and grenades have always been problematic, but let's make an appointment. RG only repels it when you shoot at the center of the target, not at the sides. chillout buddy ;DD
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Tested this afternoon on UnFreeZe with teams of 6 to 8 players and on FreeFun and Spacius with bots, and I admit that I appreciate the removal of the knockback team, it seems to be a good choice, I no longer push, jostle in every way, it's really nice...

As CTHULHU mentioned it will have to be seen tonight with 22 players, but I think it will work out and the players will appreciate...

the only problem I foresee for the moment is that it may be more difficult for a player to dislodge spamming snipers from a strategic position who assist their teammates from afar in close combat

Adminless, thank you very much for accepting and implementing this change
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

imprecise wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 13:50 Tested this afternoon on UnFreeZe with teams of 6 to 8 players and on FreeFun and Spacius with bots, and I admit that I appreciate the removal of the knockback team, it seems to be a good choice, I no longer push, jostle in every way, it's really nice...

As CTHULHU mentioned it will have to be seen tonight with 22 players, but I think it will work out and the players will appreciate...

the only problem I foresee for the moment is that it may be more difficult for a player to dislodge spamming snipers from a strategic position who assist their teammates from afar in close combat

Adminless, thank you very much for accepting and implementing this change
What exactly do you mean? about these snipers? my translator does not understand it. if what I read using google, I will ask you a question. aren't all snipers hard to beat? this is their role to deal as much damage as possible with minimal contact with the enemy. for me it doesn't change the fact that only your individual skills minimize problems with playing with certain types of opponent. sometimes there are more people who prefer ranged combat and sometimes there are more people who prefer close combat. The task of each player is to eliminate the opposing team to the best of their ability, because if someone will be twice or even three times better than you, no settings in the game will change that and you will simply be weaker than your opponent. the issue of rocket repulsion was also part of individual players' skill and reading skills in the game. maybe sometimes it's just better to do something yourself than follow the crowd blindly. count that most of your teammates will do something for you or, in extreme situations, they will serve as "human shields". it's probably a matter of taking the game seriously or "less seriously".

Personally, I also wanted to ask whether these settings apply to all servers, including the ranking server, covered by a password. could the administrator comment on this ( @adminless ), and if so, wouldn't it be better to leave the standard gameplay options on this one ranked / event server? to be honest, this problem did not occur, whether during training or mix games of players scheduled to play. It's no secret that if someone has an appointment to play a team game, such issues as pushing away with rockets are really irrelevant and the frequency of a fully played map is not greater / does not exceed the result of five or six such shots.
Camaradas Iks De