Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by PacMan »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 23:12 I think it is part of a public game and part of this mod. I think we should not streamline the game towards the better people because it helps them more than the newbies. It is also a skill to dodge your teammates rockets ;-)
Yes I slowly learning not to shoot team mates 🤣
And
Not to duel against Miro ......
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

I'm not sure this kind of modification will help having a better/funnier/more pleasant gameplay, basically it'll just let everyone spam around without having to care about teammates or anything else instead of trying to improve and avoid blind shoots.
Well, of course you'll always have to face someone who don't thaw or shoot at you, either directly or indirectly, but that's part of public games.
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

uZu wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:47it'll just let everyone spam around without having to care about teammates
Uh, didn't think about that. :?
Maybe the fact that rockets ammo are not infinite would cap that behavior?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Lunya wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:17
uZu wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:47it'll just let everyone spam around without having to care about teammates
Uh, didn't think about that. :?
Maybe the fact that rockets ammo are not infinite would cap that behavior?
Removing Infinite, that would remove the game play completely, although you can run out of rockets still....

Then we would want 1000nades back.....
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

PacMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 Removing Infinite, that would remove the game play completely, although you can run out of rockets still....

I didn't understand what you said.
There is no inifinite ammo actually, and that's obviously a good thing.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Lunya wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 14:02
PacMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 Removing Infinite, that would remove the game play completely, although you can run out of rockets still....

I didn't understand what you said.
There is no inifinite ammo actually, and that's obviously a good thing.
Lol as I didn't understand yours , I typed and thought leave it how I typed it haha
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

I agree with uZu I think it will do the game a disservice, because it will lead to more spam and less effort from those who already spam...

there are already many players who practically only play with the rocket gun whose ammunition is currently at 50 at the start and this will only encourage them to shoot even more randomly and without aiming at enemies ... there are already a certain number of players who shoot before they even see or hear an enemy and who bother their teammates with this kind of random shooting... in addition to those whose shooting accuracy is less...

I approve of the fact that the grenades have been limited to 5 at startup, because it avoids the surplus of grenade spam...

a charter of good conduct (limiting spam, avoiding pushing teammates, thinking team rather than personal, etc...) to be approved by the players would be a good thing, but all players would still have to register on the forum for that and as it is a public server if we try to force them to respect this kind of rules some will no longer come...

I also agree with fernandinho1337 who said: "I think we should not streamline the game towards the better people because it helps them more than the newbies. It is also a skill to dodge your teammates rockets"

in summary, we change nothing, we go with it, and we try to politely and pleasantly encourage spammers, pushers, and those who are sorely lacking in precision and tactics to improve and respect the game of their teammates ...

I have a dream... :angel:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

@Adminless: Would it be possible tu apply the bounce to the rocket/rail emitter, if their friendly hit ratio is too high?
For example, if a third of the hits someone did during the 60 last seconds was friendly fire, each friendly fire will not bounce the mate hit but the person who shoots during the next 60 seconds.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

probably but those kind of over complicated things just make that the game exactly that more over complicated than what it should (i.e. confusing).
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

Hm. A global new rule then?
Like, for each friendlyfire: 1 extra munition taken in addition to the ammo shot?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

not gonna happen as mostly already brought here, the game is just fine the way it's and that's just a part of the game. as much I could try disabling team knockback at some point in the future (not any time soon), not anything else.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Lots of these ideas. For me, people should just get into the culture of the game. Hence, think not only about yourself but about the whole team. Most of them are missing both, and this idea wouldn't make much difference. The next problem would quickly emerge and we would finally be up against the wall. Personally, I think that keeping your back is the best option for everyone. I don't like it either, but it's the only way and even if something would change in this matter of rockets, the culture of the game will still be a problem. I got used to it, but I have days when I would kill them all. It would be most sensible not to make changes, although I am curious what it would look like, I also know that it will create another problem.
Camaradas Iks De
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

You actually want to make the game even easier while you have so much ammo at the start, including an endless amount of ammo that's sorted through all the maps? It takes skill to avoid team fire, along with the skill to actually know what and where you're shooting.

You don't see any negatives? Then what's the purpose of TDM, this unfreeze, and a whole lot others? You neglected the purpose of team play, and you should totally adapt. People like myself might be mean at first by being constructive, but we actually let our teammates comprehend their dumb plays. Same those should be a factor many players should consider and learn from. That is if they want.

You're talking about some chaos. Yes, it's true and it's imminent where the choke points are. What does that tell you? Does it actually make you think about what your next move should be?

Not only you'd lose the feel and orientation for your teammates, but you'd just make the game needlessly easier, which is totally not the point.

Please stay away from these nuubi topics. Thx

I didn't care to read anything else because it's just walls of text and a waste of time.
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:21 the game is just fine the way it's
Bishop wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:30Please stay away from these nuubi topics. Thx
Okay, okay! Was just trying to find a best idea since disable knockback may not be as a good thing as I initially thought.
I thought we could talk calmly among open-minded people. My bad. I swear I stfu now.
Last edited by Lunya on Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:39, edited 2 times in total.
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

was responding to nickaero