UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

UnFreeZe tourney 22 (Winter) History - oKo Clan Champions
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

Post by WhoAmI »

I did that yesterday. Good tactic :D It wasn't forbidden so cool.

P.S. In my opinion, this can be turned off lava damage entirely.

Possibly reduce lava damage to 1/2 HP per second.

Or as @fau says. Lava deals damage but stays at 1 HP.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

that was discussed long enough during the last edition and for the record it led to yet another warning/penalization for the Sbornaya due major abuse on the grand final so among all the options that was the one that I found the most logical/appropriate considering the situation. turning off the damages is no good as that allow you to freely play on parts of the map where you're not supposed hence changing the original feeling/intention of the game. cutting the damages to some point could probably work as well but as usual like with other similar suggestions it would probably led to some confusion and felt kinda weird (i.e. that's not how is supposed to be/a mess). so eliminating the player instead of freezing it seems like the best option to me once again considering the top skill here as well the competitive setting of the games.

I mean, you can also see it this way, it could be said that until now jumping into lava/slime and froze oneself was a skill (and a highly coveted one) in itself now with this change the real skill become to keep the fighting within the margins on where these maps are supposed to be played and hence staying away from the damage zones/build a overall balanced gameplay which I understand is exactly how it always should have been. anyways as usual by now I'll make it like that if once again it turns out not so good something else can be evaluated as well just like with everything.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

to be honest, this change is indifferent to me. I only used lava once at 30 H P. I can't tell if it was intentional or not. I try not to use it because it is the best opportunity to attack for the opposing team. As for me, this change may always apply to every server, not only on the tournament one. The fact is that some have exaggerated and it is good that it has been noticed.

P. S. Water on q3dm8 remains unchanged? :D :D :D :D
Camaradas Iks De
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

@adminless - there is just one thing i would like to make clear about this change to avoid unpleasant surprise later - the mechanism that will remove player from the round when enters lava/slime will not aplly to already frozen bodies right? Camping such an area might then be ridiculously OP.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@cthu yes water deaths (i.e. drowning) will be dealt the same as lava/slime deaths, that's it, elimination.

@semi no unless I messed it up (hope I didn't) throwing frozen bodies into the lava will change nothing, the frozen bodies will remain. it only changes when a active player dies there that instead of becoming frozen get eliminated from the round. I mean just the well known exploit that virtually becomes a dominant strategy on those maps. all the rest remains unchanged.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, the second week of the tournament, the week when join the previous edition finalist has stared with a very strong showing from current defending champion ILM on a overall stellar performance both individually for all their members as collectively as a team. unfortunately at the moment the challenge proved to be just too much for a Soobshchestvo that on its debut at UnFreeZe competition with this night defeat and the previous one misses his chances to get onto the final phase and has to say goodbye to the tournament. nevertheless they definitively go down as a excellent team of players that despite the strong challenge never lost their spirit and gave their best till the buzz ringed good bye to their options and without having incurred on any incident whatsoever both in-game and off-game, just pure gaming, no bullshit, no circus, just ggs and well played. for that reason I award them the fair-play/sportsmanship badge of this UnFreeZe tourney 22 edition and hopefully we look forward to have them back on future edition may be just with a few reinforcements to opt to anything so thank you very much for participate and join us.

ok and I think that should be it with this I think that now all that is missing for the appearance of the previous edition runner-up and clear favorite, the Sbornaya, this Wednesday night for another clash that could potentially as well resolve the other group is to finally hear from the ASS Clan guys what maps they finally want to chose. for the rest in addition this night ILM victory means that now with both teams already qualified for the next phase the next week ILM and community will compete for the number one spot of their group that grant home status on the semis as well as a match-up against second of the other group. long story short, things are just starting to heat up here.

other than that, although nothing is perfect I believe that at least the exploit changes greatly added in a positive way to the game. although is obvious the opponent helped greatly the feeling was that both maps (q3dm7/q3dm11) enjoyed a much better flow and pace and it prevented the usual deadlock/death ends and poor playing that those maps frequently experience. overall it looked to me like finally they were played just as they are supposed to be played. in any case, at least I did not observe any glitch because of that and the change seemed to have worked though it would obviously still be good that you give it a good try these days and report back if there's some glitch with the changes. throwing bodies into lava/slime just worked as expected (although btw lava/slime auto thaws bodies in like a minute, there was no other changes, at least so far, as usual it will be evaluated depending on the evolution of the game) so I think it should be good to go. in my opinion, as I commented on other threads recently probably I still have some things to slightly tune a bit for this particular game (ex. those spots reported on dm14, some custom maps that were more tuned for ffa etc) that as explained they take more time (and testing) than that but probably for the most part is that with this change this should be now "complete" (i.e. good enough) for these competitive games.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ASS just communicated now that as expected from the experience of their opening game they pick pro-q3dm6 and pro-q3tourney7 as home maps. this means that then 6++ (as well as bloodcovenant) is not eligible for the away team (Sbornaya in this case) so waiting to hear a third map choice from the rest of the pool (once again that isn't bloodcovenant either or pro-q3tourney7) from them. had no received such update before the Tuesday 8 of February of 2022 21:00 CET (UTC+01) the fight will go pro-q3dm6, overkill, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm7 and hub3tourney1 as my best fair (honest) guess for both sides.
ixxaaa
User lv2
User lv2

Post by ixxaaa »

adminless wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 0:13 ASS just communicated now that as expected from the experience of their opening game they pick pro-q3dm6 and pro-q3tourney7 as home maps. this means that then 6++ (as well as bloodcovenant) is not eligible for the away team (Sbornaya in this case) so waiting to hear a third map choice from the rest of the pool (once again that isn't bloodcovenant either or pro-q3tourney7) from them. had no received such update before the Tuesday 8 of February of 2022 21:00 CET (UTC+01) the fight will go pro-q3dm6, overkill, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm7 and hub3tourney1 as my best fair (honest) guess for both sides.
q3dm14
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great thanks about that. ok then the fight will go pro-q3dm6, overkill, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm14 and q3dm7 tomorrow night (Wednesday 9 of February of 2022 21:00 CET [UTC+01]). to avoid yet even more incidents/controversies make sure that at least five of your guys have at least installed such maps, both overkill and pro-q3tourney7, before joining the server. as usual I'll PM you both (you and cliff) now after this (i.e. along this afternoon) the fight card with the pass and the summary so stay around. for the rest just fight hard, fight clean, have fun and good luck to both.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

PM sent now as usual if you spot any mistake or haven't received it just let me know and btw remember to stay around and communicative as well for the next week fights and the final phase afterwards in case your team happen to advance there (two more fights on March).
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

am i to late for joining ?
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes mate both late and out of place too. this ongoing tournament is directed at the registered clans on this site not at individual players (so first you would need to find a clan and then get that clan to register you here as their member to begin with you can't sign up yourself just like that) and the deadline to sign up/announce the lineups for the teams ended the Tuesday 25 of January of 2022 21:00 CET (UTC+01) (i.e. weeks ago, the tournament it's currently on its second week).
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Just to make everything clear. Is jumping to void when only 1 enemy left also an exploit?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

so far I believe that there hasn't been any major problems with that.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

This is a good question. A good question is also who the hell is going to use it? And if that happens, shouldn't there be penalties in the form of negative points? For the sake of clarity, the lava case has been cleared up. Now we are talking about the abyss. What's next? Burning barrel on q3dm11? Electrifying pipes on q3dm4? For me, the matter is simple.Deliberately falling down is minus points or disqualification.
Camaradas Iks De