fpsclasico teams and clans news

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Re: fpsclasico teams and clans news

Post by fau »

Guys, I was into clans etc. when I was teenager too, but let's get real. We are just a team of guys who want to play together in events, that's it. We get along well, but so we do with other players around here, I could easily see ourselves playing in different combinations and have no hard feelings about it.

Clans in online games (just like real Scottish clans) have all this baggage of loyalty, betrayal, flame wars, tribalism, unhealthy competition outside of the game etc. that I don't care much about. Just look at some recent clan-related drama here. It may be fun if you are into it, but at certain age it's hard to take it seriously.

We've got good in-game chemistry and strategies we worked out together so we'd like to continue playing in events. Also all of us have different real-life obligations and before each event we decide who wants to play and if we need to change our lineup. Perhaps we should get a team tag to make it easier for other people to realize what's going on, when we are training on ranked server. But we talked about it in the past and people were not so keen about it.
Last edited by fau on Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

My pov: I dont think it should be rule that all teams who participates in tournaments needs to wear some common tag. Some players probably only want to play with guys with which they get along well, and dont care about presentation, or they dont feel comfortable presenting themselfs as a clan on public serveres. But I agree that it is strange, and confusing when some team or clan has a clantag, but only some of their members use it.

About the second point, i am not sure if i understand it well, but if it is basically about increasing the number of allowed members per the team to 10, then I agree. There can appear in the team or clan players who are currently inactive, so they take up space for other players, but one does not want to kick them out just because they do not have time to play now.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Well I didn't mean your team. I understand your point of view. Also you're more of a team than clan, right? If you don't consider yourself as real1337clanxxx then it's really okay with me. Same situation is with Team UnFreeZe, we didn't use a tag at all.
In my opinion I just meant all those clans with clantags. Sorry for misunderstanding :thumbup:
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I will refer to the clan membership limit. Does it have to do with tag use only or is it representing the clan in community events? If the latter, I cannot imagine 5v5 games and five people on the bench. @fau I believe that age has nothing to do with being part of a group such as a clan. First of all, it is about getting along with people, common interests, views or nationality, and only at the end about the game. That's how I see it, but I understand your reasoning. As far as the team tag is concerned, the matter is simple for me. If a group of people is officially approved, whether on the forum or in the game, they should use the tag.

That is my opinion, but I honestly don't care. Overall, I am very happy that more and more people are taking their own initiatives. New groups are formed, players exchange tips, people help each other, we try to get pickups on the discord server. You can see that the community is alive and that's what's best about it. Do you remember until recently what the situation was like? There was one clan on the server. See what's happening now. It's great and it could be even better. Let's believe it and stick to it.
Camaradas Iks De
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 14:07@fau I believe that age has nothing to do with being part of a group such as a clan. First of all, it is about getting along with people, common interests, views or nationality, and only at the end about the game.
Maybe you are right age has nothing to do with it. It was an age thing for me but maybe just coincidence. Getting tired of the clan drama and preferring more casual, grassroots organization in games.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@initial post by pacman

currently I believe that the only "extra" team I see on the clan and players list here is the 2021 UnFreeZe league participant Team Community B which is actually flagged as inactive and doesn't even count with enough current players to begin with. the current Team Community I actually list/consider it just as any other official clan around as it has become evident to me that it's basically that another recurrent and official competitor more around. they can request another official name for the team if they want otherwise I don't see a big deal about them going by the Team Community name (i.e. "tagless").

as for the players limit as I explained I still have the feeling that the 6/8 players limit is a appropriate one. just to put a example as people have stated on the replies, making a 5vs5 fight with another 5vs5 people on the bench doesn't look realistic nor exciting for the people involved to me. that would probably feel more like a random game and a tease to me. I don't want to get there as that's none of my business but honestly my feelings are that the teams should simply kick those players from their team that are just unavailable and/or simply just not really that interested in participate when the general feeling/purpose of the team is otherwise. I mean, regular (of course to some extend not in a "fight" basis) transfer/changes are allowed precisely for that reason. I don't see much point in listing 10 players just because about half of them are simply not available, the realistic to me seems to list that 6/8 generally active and engaged players per team to make solid 5vs5 fights.

I agree about transfers/changes/joins approval however at the same time you can't make it either like if ultimately I would be the one really making the teams and deciding where the players go instead of them as that would be a very bad thing. have some overall control over the situation so it doesn't get out of hand (ex. wtf) and implement some kind of overall fair play rules is one thing however as I told you you can't make it either like now any change/join has to go through 10 pages of arguing/probation to get approved as that would be pretty much ruin this. unfortunately there's a fine line between the former (some overall fairness control) and the later (toxic micro management control) so it's not as easy/simple as it sounds. overall as I stated the general spirit is to have positive competitions/events here and above all to have fun for which the feeling is to have more or less balanced teams so ultimately only intervene on extreme/flagrant cases and otherwise let the things normally unfold. as I often say it doesn't matter how you look at it at the end of the day someone has to top this and as I broke down on the wtf case for example, it's not that I want any of the teams to win or to lose, I honestly do not care who tops or bottoms this, all that I just don't want is one particular team wining or losing easily just like that as that's never a good thing for anybody involved. that being said, still if ultimately everything else fails then you can always play the team UnFreeZe card which (among other things) is there precisely for that reason, to settle the scores.

about wearing the tag to be honest I don't really see much problem about that here at least at the time of writing. I mean, I believe that probably for other than miro that ended exactly just how I said that he was going to (that's it banned for six months to belonging to any team so it's no longer a issue so far) and Team Community that basically is just that, a tagless team, I believe generally the vast of majority of the people meets that rule anyways already so I don't see much point in (en)forcing it. to me is probably lot more important to keep the line ups known and organized than advertised.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

fau wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:27 Guys, I was into clans etc. when I was teenager too, but let's get real. We are just a team of guys who want to play together in events, that's it. We get along well, but so we do with other players around here, I could easily see ourselves playing in different combinations and have no hard feelings about it.

Clans in online games (just like real Scottish clans) have all this baggage of loyalty, betrayal, flame wars, tribalism, unhealthy competition outside of the game etc. that I don't care much about. Just look at some recent clan-related drama here. It may be fun if you are into it, but at certain age it's hard to take it seriously.

We've got good in-game chemistry and strategies we worked out together so we'd like to continue playing in events. Also all of us have different real-life obligations and before each event we decide who wants to play and if we need to change our lineup. Perhaps we should get a team tag to make it easier for other people to realize what's going on, when we are training on ranked server. But we talked about it in the past and people were not so keen about it.

Lol it's for fun

However your not in any clan so doesn't apply to you , your just team community which is fine but that should also have limits
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hello everyone

I would like to register a new team called "Frozen $hots!"

Members:

kf
viper++
FraG_Masin
ang3lfish
Grindcore
Pier no doy una
(Miroslav)

Clantag: .F$!

I would like to join for official matters (tournaments) when the 6month period has experired.

Best Regards

PS We are looking for one more person so if anyone is interested ;-)
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

@fernandingo1337 Nice ! Good to see another team.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes sounds good added now although as I told you to do you, viper, ang3lfish, frag_masin and a few guys more you could have perfectly stuck to wtf and simply rename the team later on if you wanted and that would have save you all your 6 month join ban which was basically my intention with the move. anyways now it's done you (all in fact) chose b so it's what it's you will have to wait. ok added now here let me know if I missed something and/or if you want to correct something/add your own "description" (to some extend). btw speaking of which, I'm probably not gonna do it right now just like this I'll still give it some margin at least till the Wednesday night, but technically speaking is Monday CET time already and I haven't heard a word from the Sbornaya about the on-going tournament they freely and willing signed up for in like a week already so at this point I could perfectly red card them and disqualify them so just to know in case it ends up being the case, would your (without you obviously at the moment) team be ready/interested in join the on-going UnFreeZe tourney 22? I believe that given the case the Sbornaya ends out this week I believe we could give you a week to set up and start playing the Sbornaya group b fights the next week (initially you would just have to play two fights in the next two weeks and if you would happen to advance then another two on March). think about and if your interested then let me know on the following days.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

I will check and respond asap

Best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

thanks about that but don't stress much about it as they (Sbornaya) finally just answered this morning 8:33 Moscow time so they are in. I mean, given the circumstances I believe that you can probably ask them/let me know anyways just in case they pull off just one last trick and end up disqualified but currently they are in.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Ok check

We would be close to minimum members since one mate has some stuff at work going on. I would look for an 8th player to fill the team in the meantime
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Welcome and good luck F$!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@miro btw I haven't heard yet if your team is available/interested. anyways this night the Sbornaya showed and they didn't incur on anymore incidents, matter of facts, they even pulled a great fight, no bullshit so I can confirm you now that they are in and that therefor there will be no spot for your team (i.e. even if for some reason they would end up disqualified for whatever crazy reason within the five minutes following this message that would be it, it would be sanctioned but a replacement/re-arbitration wouldn't apply). so in light of that if your team is interested/available I was thinking that it might be possible anyways to organize another fight on week four (i.e. from Monday 21 of February of 2022 21:00 CET [UTC+01] till the Sunday 27 of February of 2022 21:00 CET [UTC+01] inclusive both) between you and may be some of the teams that got out this week or anybody else (that did not get till the final phase of course) as undercard outside of the on-going tournament then think about it and let me know if you're interested. as with the spot I can't promise you anything but I'll see if some match up happens if you want.