what other custom map/s you would like to see at glacius?

UnFreeZe Game Servers Polls forum.

Poll ended at Mon May 17, 2021 9:49

rpg3dm2
20%
6++
20%
pro-nodm9
No votes
oxodm1
No votes
qfraggel2a
20%
phantq3dm3_rev
40%

Total votes: 5

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, as advertised to celebrate the new complete custom maps tier added to the new v20.5 client, I launch a poll here with the custom maps in the package that are not in glacius. probably (given that there was enough significant votes) I'll end up adding one or two (again depending on results) from the poll results to glacius, so please cast your votes.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Re: what other custom map/s you would like to see at glacius?

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

I'd love to vote but I don't know any of these :(
It's a shame, but it's true :shifty:
Dvinci
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Dvinci »

Drgreen buddy it’s dvinci
Yesterday I was playing with you and whoami
There was a game where viper stole a couple thaws from me and I shot him a few times and he was saying he was going to report me. He kept trying to argue and say shit to me about banning me.
Well he reported me and said I was team killing and harassing him and that it was me stealing thaws. You’ve played with me a lot I think you know what happened and know that yeah I get mad and message people but I don’t team kill I don’t steal thaws I play fair. It would really help me if you could get in the reports page I’m the very first link and let the admin know what really happened that game. Because he’s banned me now from that server totally and it’s a lie.
Dvinci
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Dvinci »

If you and whoami could go vote for me that would be great you guys play with me all the time and we always get along just fine
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

True, I can take a lot of heat, so can WhoamI before we would report any of you. We just have that personality, I'd say coming from the eastern block will give you a thicker skin (just look at Blitz's response on your vote page). But you must realize that this is a public server, so while cursing or anything like that would be well tolerated in a private game with us, there are a lot of players here who are younger, more sensitive, culturally different, and can get offended much easier by much less than you'd think.

What happened to you, happens to me, and safe to say happens to most of us. Your best course of action is to handle it like an adult, who is playing with a group of kids who can get out of line, fight for the same toy endlessly, and just "won't let it go". I'd much rather lose a point then poison my evening (or risk a ban!) caused by someone struggling too hard to be high on the scoreboard. If you are really here just to have fun, this won't / shouldn't be a problem for you either ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, the new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip package containing all the extra maps has ran already for over a week then I believe that it's time to proceed with adding those extra maps that came out from the poll. I'm a bit disappointed to see that the poll had so few votes but well I guess that probably is just like dr said, most people don't even know these maps.

so the results, with the exception of qfraggel2a, were the expected ones. rpg3dm2 and pahntq3dm3_rev are definitively good but "rare" maps so they got no votes as well as oxodm1 which is one of those foreign low quality converted maps (just added it because it's somehow quite popular and to complete the tier). so essentially people voted bloodcovenant, pro-nodm9, japandm and estatica almost per equal with estatica coming as winner. that's basically what people requested so it was more or less the expected result, I would probably had expected qfraggle2a to come on top as the map is (or was at least) immensely popular and quite good for this particular mode, but I guess that it's also too old school already.

then as I said I'd add one or two maps depending on the situation so today I finally added to the glacius rotation japandm and estatica and also as a bonus replaced 6++ with bloodcovenant to give the rotation a light fresh touch. initially unless pro-nodm9 gets voted heavily I won't add it since it's just another remix map and it doesn't even differ that much from regular q3dm13. I don't think it really brings much to the server. japandm and estatica on the other hand seem to be currently the community favorites and they are original maps so it's probably best to just add them both and if some of the other ones gets voted heavily on the next months they can probably also be added. the poll has just been restarted now to reflect the new changes, so please cast your votes again to be taken in consideration the next time I make some changes to the glacius rotation.

finally I also decided to replace 6++ with bloodcovenant as both are essentially q3dm6 remix maps and I believe that bloodcovenant should be more appealing at the time being and definitively much more fitting than 6++ for this particular mode, at least in my opinion (despite 6++ being tremendously popular it's probably best at regular deathmatch or tdm than at UnFreeZe). anyways as usual if now 6++ get voted like crazy I can switch them back again at another glacius revision, by now it will stick like this.

and that's it, I'll also update now the glacius mappack to reflect these changes but that's no longer even relevant anymore so remember to have updated to the latest v20.5 package if you haven't already or you won't be able to continue playing at glacius since now.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Awesome, thanks adminless. Can't wait to try them! :thumbup:
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I didn't vote because I don't like these maps. I don't like the current ones either. It's hard for me to choose.
If I had to choose in the previous survey: bloodcovenant. This map is cooler than 6 ++. In Quake Live I play a lot on the 6 ++ map. I already got bored.
Still japandm and estatica. But I also played a lot of Quake Live on them. However, these are the best choices from the previous survey.
I am currently voting for:

phantq3dm3_rev
rpg3dm2

I don't like Counter Strike so I won't vote for oxodm1
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Dvinci wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 22:17 If you and whoami could go vote for me that would be great you guys play with me all the time and we always get along just fine

If only you would stop crying about being killed with the LG lol

Better download more maps
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

plz add FFF I just loved that map.
MEGATROLL
User lv2
User lv2

Post by MEGATROLL »

6++,overkill
ospdm6,ospdm8,ospdm11
pro-q3tourney7 (almostlost),pro-dcmap7
ts_dm4,ts_dm5,ts_ca1
polo3dm5,ztn3tourney1
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as mentioned most of those maps are already in the package and of those that aren't, probably only ts_dm5tmp and polo3dm5 (to a lesser extend) are really of interest for future revisions. as you can understand is not the point of this now to add every single map in existence with no end. anyways thanks for quality suggestions.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

by the way since I'm currently dropping the custom map rotation from glacius I consequently also close the polls here. I said I'd add one or two maps from here depending on the results so as can be seen the winner of the poll here is phantq3dm3_rev then I'll add it to the glacius rotation now. it won't have any effect as I'm dropping the custom map rotation entirely and even if I wouldn't, glacius wouldn't meet the minimum phantq3dm3_rev players ever but well I guess that it's important to know, and it will stick, in case I'm obliged to get them back. in addition as bonus from the conclusion of this poll I announce that I'll ko oxodm1 from the package and I'll replace it with ts_dm5tmp as suggested above on future versions. the thing is that I just dropped oxodm1 there because I didn't really know/remember of any other better/more popular map at the time to complete the set and because that map was also somehow requested/played over the years but sure, clearly, ts_dm5tmp is a much better match specially for this game. pro-nodm9 got no votes either but well that's more a "pro" replacement for pro-q3dm13 at the masters server than a match here so it will stick on the package.

ok, and that's it with this thread I guess, I believe that this now should finish a rotation of unquestionably quality, of course, it could always be slightly better and anybody has its own favs but I think there's no questions whatsoever that this is just about it.