Request for changes to masters duel server

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Request for changes to masters duel server

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hi Adminless,

I would like to propose a few changes (actually additions) to the masters duel server.

#1 PMOVE voting to be enabled

As you know I utilize the very old 125fps bug of quake 3 which impacts how far you can jump. Since it is a disadvantage to players not using it I suggest to enable pmove voting so it can be utilized if needed/ wanted. This would benefit fair play on the duel server.

#2 Enable voting for thruthefloor bug

With the Q3 Patch 1.25 the thruthefloor bug was fixed. It could be enabled via voting and when playing oldschool maps (see #3 of my request list) it could bring some nostalgia and oldschool feeling. I understand this should not be enabled permanently but enabling the the voting could help players relive the old days when wanted.

#3 From time to time, I would like to duel on some of the first/ oldschool q3 duel maps that are currently not in the rotation

Those are:

Q3Tourney2
Q3Tourney4
Q3DM13 (Quad disabled, of course ^^)

I would like to ask you to consider those changes. Please take note of the fact that those suggestions are optional and there is no obligation to actually use them. Therefore, it will not harm the experience for anyone playing on the masters duel server.

Best Regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Request for changes to masters duel server

Post by adminless »

1. changing/modifying that would probably completely mess the server with other installations (i.e. with the official provided packages) so it's not gonna happen sorry.
  2. that would probably require further investigation at the moment.
  3. ok, maps added now, test them out and let me know if I broke something.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

hi

thanks for the quick response

1. I am cool with that. As you know I would not benefit from that change anyways but I wanted to only point out once to give my competition a fair shot ;-)
2. I looked in the OSP documentation and I found the command: /callvote thrufloors 1. Maybe it helps.

thrufloors <0|1> Specifies if splash damage can transfer
through thin floors/walls (id default).

3. Thanks very much. Really appreciated ^^

Have a good day.

best Regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I know the thing to investigate is whether or not we want to (or even makes sense to) reintroduce a 2000's era "bug" on a 2020+ server. my feelings are that probably it's not so good, I mean, I remember back in the day people spamming ra3map11d floors all day and getting pretty much "random" kills, not so good. anyways, as you requested it just for "fun"/nostalgia, I'll leave it votable for some time. after that it will probably be disabled.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

ok sounds good.

well it only makes sense on t4 because the map got broken with the bugfix because otherwise it is very campy. it also had an impact on maps like dm13. besides it is really garbage. it was part of the game mechanic back then but oh well...same like shooting thru stuff in counterstrike...a bug and fixed for a reason ;-) if i get someone to play oldschool maps with me i will test it tho ^^

best regards,