fpsclassico masters 20 - fau champion, Miroslav undisputed
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Re: Fight

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Thanks pacMANIA for the invite.

I know I won't be popular with this but I can honestly say I'm not crazy about 1v1.. or in other words I don't like it much. As far as WTF vs oKo goes, if that was a team unfreeze match, I'd be in for sure, that sounds like fun :D ...I'm just not sure what server would be the proper venue for that...as we would have to somehow have our own sandbox for the game with no external joiners (perhaps only specs), and only someone amazing like adminless could make that miracle happen :mrgreen:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@aimer I know, I was mostly answering pac with that and basically just saying, in general, as you never know. yes, as I said, depending on who finally end up showing up as well as the overall interest a group of four can be done, six matches, it's definitively a manageable scale (guessing you schedule two fights per week even with some delays here and there the thing should be done within a month term more or less). so far what we have are three participants (you, jutuli, semisek) and one guest (pacman) thus the plan by now, unless there's significant changes by the end of this week, is to have jutuli fight semisek at some date still yet to determine for a tittle fight shot against you. in the meantime if pacman doesn't find a opponent (statistically similar to him) for a undercard fight then have him fight you just for a "warm-up"/exhibition match taking place may be this weekend.

@jutuli yeah don't worry then probably may be is just better for you to enjoy the Christmas with your kids and then we can simply leave your fight for some time at the next week, no need to stress. anyways, just let us know if something of significance changes and you wanna make it this weekend.

@dr.green I know, don't worry no need to stress or to "force" any situation. I just make these fights/"tournaments" here for fun and for whoever is interested/enjoy them to keep things entertained, it's not like there's any kind of obligation to participate or anything. as for team fights I already answered that other times, if getting just two guys to commit for a fight date is this hard (relatively), I can't even imagine how bad it would be to get any significant amount of them for a team fight. as I said, I don't see it realistically (cost/effort wise) happening, so I'm also honest here, I'm not in for organize that, I mean, I might consider it on the future (as everything else) but not at least by now.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Yes after I warm up fight , I clean there weapons no problem haha
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

I should be able to play some matches this weekend, or the next one with no problems. Only bad thing is my internet. Normaly it runs great, just about 20 ping, but sometimes goes stupid 100 - 400 ping and no one want to see this lag. So far i didnt figured out what can i do to fix it.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

adminless wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:28 @dr.green I know, don't worry no need to stress or to "force" any situation. I just make these fights/"tournaments" here for fun and for whoever is interested/enjoy them to keep things entertained, it's not like there's any kind of obligation to participate or anything. as for team fights I already answered that other times, if getting just two guys to commit for a fight date is this hard (relatively), I can't even imagine how bad it would be to get any significant amount of them for a team fight. as I said, I don't see it realistically (cost/effort wise) happening, so I'm also honest here, I'm not in for organize that, I mean, I might consider it on the future (as everything else) but not at least by now.
Ahh...yes, that makes sense. I'm guessing the only way to ever make this work would be if I fund a server for a month of a few and try to get a few evenings in... well anyway, this is off topic so I'll stop this right here. If there is a lot more buzz about it we'll open a new topic. Thanks!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@semisek ok initially unless jutuli tells otherwise and/or the competition changes your fight against him will be scheduled for the next Friday 8 of January of 2021 or the next Saturday 9 of January of 2021. then if everything goes fine whoever wins that can probably fight against aimer for the champ position the Sunday 10 of January of 2021. btw you could probably already go thinking about what are gonna be your map picks from the official masters server map pool for these fights. I mean, no rush to chose anything by now, just saying, "remember" (know) that there's the rule to announce one's map choices at least 24 hours prior the match and that all maps should be different. as for the tie-breaker maps I'll probably announce once we start to close this by the end of the week.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

hi, I don't think I have the level for quality duels for the top 50 ranked, but on the other hand I agree to try to participate if small team tournaments are organized
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm may be you're interested in duel pacman just for fun (i.e. no rank/competition)? I think it could be a good match for both, I mean, just saying.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

adminless wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 21:30 @semisek ok initially unless jutuli tells otherwise and/or the competition changes your fight against him will be scheduled for the next Friday 8 of January of 2021 or the next Saturday 9 of January of 2021.
That should be possible, I am in.
But, just for sure, I prefer time after 7:30 PM - I can have kids again, but ususaly they go back to home around 7 PM.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, 19:30 is perfectly fine, then let's still leave this open for 24 hours more for another participant and if by tomorrow afternoon or so nobody else joined then we'll close this like that and you'll be set to fight semi the next weekend (either Friday 8 or Saturday 9, we'll see) and then who won that will go against aimer for the champ tittle of this edition (probably happening the Sunday 10 if possible).
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

To me Friday 8 or Saturday 9 - 19:30 seems to be ok.
About the maps: i am not sure how does this work here - if both of us choose few maps, and than we randomly draw, or if we agree on maps that are suitable for both of us, or some other system?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the official protocol is the player "A" of the match pick two different maps from the map pool posted down bellow in a order, then the player "B" pick other different two from the rest also in a order and then ultimately I pool a random one from what haven't pick yet as a tie-breaker and then the match is played in A1-B1-B2-A2-TB order (settings are exactly the same as you play them daily at the masters server). also note that there's the obligation to clearly make these maps choices public at least 24 hours prior the fight, failing to do so will result in me choosing the maps missing as I see fit. as I said, that's the official protocol, in reality there's some room for adjustment, in particular for organization purposes I use to announce the tie-breaker maps first rather than last though for this reason it can even be changed later given there's a mutual agreement and also the choosing order isn't generally strictly enforced. however, I remark, in case of lack agreement or anything, that's the official protocol and what will ultimately be enforced so it's important to have it clear. finally know that as a newcomer you'll have player "B" status on these fights, if there's no last minute changes in the next 24 hours, jutuli will be player "A" of your fight and aimer the player "A" of the tittle fight (against who won the preliminary fight).
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Wait, are you playing normal 10/15 minute duels, where you spawn with mg and 100hp and pickup items? On these maps? If so I could play.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure, although the server is the masters one (look it up on the other tab) not on UnFreeZe (i.e. no unlagged code) so give it a try (the server will be exactly as is now) and let us know if you're interested. you have until tomorrow to decide.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I played 2 duels to test the waters and it feels as terrible as I remembered. Can't aim, can't get my 250hz and random overbounces throwing me off. But I'll play - it's duel after all, one can compensate with other skills to an extent. I promise I'll try to whine about the mod as little as possible :P