Lallakakbal

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Lallakakbal

Post by pyron83 »

[Flandre_Scarlet] wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:45
adminless wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:46 start integrating better with your teammates as if things gets too bad I'll end up having no other option but to ban you again
Just a context cut, but why should be bad-nonunfreeze-playing be banned? I'm not agree with this position. Yep, if anyone of regular players'll start to skip frozen mates often - he will get a word. But I don't think it's a reason to give a ban at all. It's player's freedom to decide how to play in this situation.
Anyway: unfreeze stealing, pushing mates - your will. But this thread made me reply first time
I believe that systematically ignoring mates in a game mod called "Unfreeze" is annoying enough to deserve a ban or kick. especially when you have enough experience to understand how the game works.

I played a lot of Quake Live Clan Arena, and in this mode not regrouping with mates at match start was most of the times the cause of a quick kick from the server.
In the beginning of my Clan Arena "career" I missed that point often and I got some kicks, and frankly now I admit it was fair.

Game modes are really based on some sort of understanding and respect of the game mode itself.
If people begins systematically to ignore it, they fuck the whole point of being there.

In the long term this kind of misbehavior I think could even kill a server population.
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

pyron83 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:38
[Flandre_Scarlet] wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:45

Just a context cut, but why should be bad-nonunfreeze-playing be banned? I'm not agree with this position. Yep, if anyone of regular players'll start to skip frozen mates often - he will get a word. But I don't think it's a reason to give a ban at all. It's player's freedom to decide how to play in this situation.
Anyway: unfreeze stealing, pushing mates - your will. But this thread made me reply first time
I believe that systematically ignoring mates in a game mod called "Unfreeze" is annoying enough to deserve a ban or kick. especially when you have enough experience to understand how the game works.

I played a lot of Quake Live Clan Arena, and in this mode not regrouping with mates at match start was most of the times the cause of a quick kick from the server.
In the beginning of my Clan Arena "career" I missed that point often and I got some kicks, and frankly now I admit it was fair.

Game modes are really based on some sort of understanding and respect of the game mode itself.
If people begins systematically to ignore it, they fuck the whole point of being there.

In the long term this kind of misbehavior I think could even kill a server population.

(joke) y1x1 have u just admitted that you have been subject to bans in the past due to „n00bish behavioir“ on a quake server? you just made my day :D
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pyron83 »

Banned never, kicked yes (more than once).

Usually because in the very first Clan Arena matches I did, I used to not regroup with the team :D

Classical regroup point was Bridge on DM6-Campgrounds, where I used to last a few seconds :D :D :D

Also Grinder on Trinity was an HORRIBLE regroup point.

Usually on Quake Live servers kick-voting is allowed, so bans usually occur only when a player behaviour is REALLY terribile (aka cheating/harassing).

And LOL still today there is a lot of Quake Live players who complains with team-mates because they do not regroup, but they do the same (usually you can hear the usual words "noob team", "ok then FFA mode", and bla bla bla :D but you never see those guys at the regroup point anyway)
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}