I am so fucking bored.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: I am so fucking bored.

Post by WhoAmI »

I think Fau is right. Somehow I don't know why but on the FFA server I have 2x better accuracy with LG. It was like I had no lag at all and the hitbox was 2x bigger. On unfreeze / freefun LG I use only to kill someone when he has 50-100 (max) hp. It doesn't pay to shoot when someone has 200 hp and 100 armor. 3 accurate rails or close-up rockets are enough. Maybe LG knockback would help, or maybe just add +1-3 dmg on hitbox.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, I just boosted the lg today (ql knockback as far as I know now plus 33% armor drain as bonus, +2 armor per hit) along with other overall game settings changes/balances.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Privet, I think just adding QL knockback would be enough
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Hi, agree with Nick on this one: so it's not a package deal(knockback and dmg) and gets rejected right away because of being overwhelming. Will try to play this evening, excited about the new changes. Also curious how it impacts fighting rail vs lg, i feel like before was already difficult enough because of lg projectile visuals(blocking sight) and old knockback.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

i_cezar wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 14:09 Hi, agree with Nick on this one: so it's not a package deal(knockback and dmg) and gets rejected right away because of being overwhelming. Will try to play this evening, excited about the new changes. Also curious how it impacts fighting rail vs lg, i feel like before was already difficult enough because of lg projectile visuals(blocking sight) and old knockback.
Rail should not be more powerful than LG at mid range anyway :DD
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I tried before and I believe that for other than special uses like lifting your enemies in the air, throwing them into the void or fancy stuff like what fau was talking about (which is likely outside the abilities of the 95% of the players around) for general use (the 95% rest) the knockback doesn't really change anything if it's not that it makes it worse. I don't really think it pins enemies against corners/walls any significantly better than what it did and probably it even works against it in case of running/escaping enemies in open situations by helping them get out of range/away faster/easier. anyways, all in all, in absolute terms, it's a minor difference (mostly a detail I'd say) at the end of the day so it shouldn't be such a big deal as I said. the damage is the same as it was so if that works and/or just "feels" better for the people so they complain less about the lg, be it. I think it's a lot more relevant/interesting benefit for the lg users the new added armor drain properties of the weapon, if you don't get the kill, you'll at least chug 20-30 extra armor from the enemy to tank you for the next exchange and endure that nasty rail shot that gets you from another galaxy.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

I think the value knockback brings to the table is to slow down the opponent by acting like a vector on it's movement.
Of course while in the air it's effect is more noticeable. But if calibrated good it has impact even on sideways movement (most ussual dodging pattern).
And that's the point: in fast pace shooter games the reaction time needed to get a consistent tracking on normal speedy models is close to inhuman. So knockback should make enemy easier to track ending in more overall damage output. So the recent balance makes sense..
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

LG is still sort of weak but it is a nice improvement and overall balancing a bit more

best regards
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 21:09 LG is still sort of weak but it is a nice improvement and overall balancing a bit more

best regards
It plays better for sure. more ammo on the map allows you to use LG more often. in my opinion it's ok.
Camaradas Iks De
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Hi, i was playing today with the new setting and i have to say i really like the idea to make LG stronger and to have some stack reseting after each round. I think it is what the gameplay was missing and i am curius how it will work for the public and for the competetive tournaments format. I played only few games so far so I dont really feel like saying if it could not use some more balance adjustment, but what i did notice is that the extra armor you get from hitting LG behave weird. It gives you the armor only sometimes. Check this video, first i was earning armor from hitting and then it suddenly stopped. It was happenig all the time also when i was playing on the main server with players.

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just a quick clarification about the lg armor regeneration properties, you can't drain armor your enemy doesn't have, it's just the way it works (or basically the way I implemented it, it's supposed that the lg was upgraded with a electrokinetic device that then when connects with the enemy part of the enemy armor it destroys converts it into local armor, of course the process is destructive in nature therefor it has a important loss and obviously it just can't create armor on it's own either, it's not alchemy) so when you hit lg and doesn't get any armor back you can tell that your enemy doesn't have any armor. yes, overall I believe the changes were very positive and it looks like the lg is a lot more useful now. they are basically the result of the observations/conclusions of the latest major UnFreeZe tournament.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Ok, thanks for quick and clear responce, it makes sence now. Personally i would consider also the concept of creating armor all the time, even that it is unrealistic (may be smaller amount per hit to not make it too op). The reason why i think it might work better is that like this it brings more randomness to the game, when you cant really say how the LG will work and if it will help you to gain more armor or it will just let you die. Also if you have larger screen you need to look at your armor icon to check if it is acually doing something or not. The second reason is that it might couse confusiun to more players who then might get upsed thinking it is bug or something that is vierd and unusall for quake.

Just quick feedback, definitelly need more time test it out.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

What happened to LG? is it possible to restore the properties of this weapon from february?? this was really great, now it's not much use. Can anyone tell me what happened to the grenades on the server? sometimes I can fire 20 grenades in one round
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

what you talking about? I changed nothing since last message here about the lg, it's the same as it was on "February". most likely people just adapted better now to the changes, that's all. as for the grenades as I also said, they feature some sort of regeneration now as in long rounds/streaks was definitively needed and to promote a better use. now you get a extra grenade per hit.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 19:12 What happened to LG? is it possible to restore the properties of this weapon from february?? this was really great, now it's not much use. Can anyone tell me what happened to the grenades on the server? sometimes I can fire 20 grenades in one round
Cth lol joker

It means your targeting is good as you get a grenade back for a hit

And LG you get armour for hits

What you saying is wrong ? Unless I am wrong