UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 22 History - Team Pride Champions

what set of tie-breakers do you prefer for the finals?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:54

the classic complete historic one (6++ , q3dm7 , overkill , hub3tourney1 , pro-q3tourney2 , pro-q3dm13 , q3dm14 , reqdm5 , q3dm8)
11%
the regular season restricted one (6++ , reqdm5 , q3dm7 , pro-nodm9 , overkill , storm3tourney1 , q3dm8 , pro-q3tourney2 , bal3dm3)
89%

Total votes: 9

oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by oKo*Magister »

oKo is in.

Hi p0rsche. Work and life. :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok thanks for the update then if ass confirms and heero manages to put together a team duels as well then hopefully we'll do a six team league and a final phase over the next months weekday nights (mostly). by now I wouldn't really be expecting anybody else to show up (ex. Sbornaya/n8) so we'll see.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .WTF!P0rsche?!

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

oKo*Magister wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 0:00 oKo is in.

Hi p0rsche. Work and life. :D
work and life, it's great. You probably have cool hangouts there with WhoAmI ? :D 8-)
Attachments
333366.jpg
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

could we make a new tie-breaker map list? the disputes related to the result would be more spectacular if the judgment were to rely on very non-standard maps, for example focal123 , one of the maps from the Glacius server (I only know The edge by name). I believe that such an approach would be very tactful. each team could prove themselves in terms of individual skills, communication and have an equal chance on a custom map not played daily on a public server.

this is only my opinion, but if such a list were to be made, each team in a tie would not be sure of what they can were doing. it would add piquancy and seriousness to the event.

I also have some suggestion for unlimited game time. could it not be shortened to, for example, 20 - 25 minutes ??? as all of us know, time is one of the most important things that ever exist in our lives. additionally, the teams with fewer points would have to apply more to the game to some extent and the tournament itself would gain some dynamics. maybe someone will comment on this, is it a good idea or not a good idea ???

What do you think about it ? I still have a question about players from Russia. there are certainly presumptions regarding their absence. I know some of the conversations, but I don't know if I would like to bother them with questions about the tournament. does anyone have good contact with any player / players ?? personally, I would love to play against their teams because of the level of their representation. they are very good players and honestly not only in my opinion they are the desired players in the tournament.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just as I answered to liza earlier on the topic I don't think that's realistic in the context of a competition. in a competition people look forward performing to the best of their ability on those things they have a solid experience on not now in kind of training/acquiring new experiences. people can perfectly do that if that's really what they want on the glacius server every week as you just said and we all perfectly know how that turns out even despite all the promotion, a death/uninteresting server. as said, the list of tie-breaks comes strictly given from the number of occurrences at the ranked events so in reality at the end of the day it really comes given from what people have actually chosen themselves not me, it's not like I "randomly" chose those maps. anyways as aimer suggested also earlier as a small improvement about that on this edition teams will have the ability to blacklist one of the opponents picks if they want to that they must announce at least 24 hours before the fight date. that means that now teams must pick 3 maps at least 48 hours before the fight date instead of just two (and hence why now the tie-breakers list is 7 maps instead of just 5) that hopefully will result in a more varied event while remaining reasonably competitive.

the rulesets are good as they are and as established on the tournament guidelines teams are encouraged to engage on the fight not to meaningless drag it for no reason/exploit it which could lead then to sanctions (ex. Sbornaya). the general spirit is that if for some reason some map/s are proven to just not work out within the normal/reasonable competitive standards established to remove them instead rather than change the rulesets to accommodate them (ex. potential candidate q3dm11).

I reached ixxaaa (the guy that acted as their leader/representative on the previous edition here) early this week and I know he checked this but gave no answer whatsoever so I assume then they are not participating (unless they tell otherwise before the Tuesday night deadline of course). I also heard from former Soobshchestvo leader, loverex, now on WTF, that nobody else from them will participate this year. my personal feeling about it is that after they built a unquestionably overpowering team to compete just against fairly balanced competitive teams (i.e. not against a similar all-star/mvp team like team UnFreeZe) they probably got tired of losing time and time again. beside also I guess they probably got pissed of always having to go through all the non "canon" maps (for them, basically anything outside of overkill). the previous edition really felt like a retirement to me for them, I mean, they didn't even showed up for the third place but anyways those are just my thoughts as usual we'll see if they finally show up or not.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw following this about the tie-breakers choice if you want what can be done about it to make it more varied/flexible is to give the teams (each of them) the ability to blacklist as well one of them (to be announced at least 24 hours before the match date as usual) so I updated now the tie-breakers list with nine picks instead.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 14:55 btw following this about the tie-breakers choice if you want what can be done about it to make it more varied/flexible is to give the teams (each of them) the ability to blacklist as well one of them (to be announced at least 24 hours before the match date as usual) so I updated now the tie-breakers list with nine picks instead.
Sounds good

I assume you mean if three maps chosen each , they remain fixed and opposing team gets to rule a map out

tie breaker map on least popular map , would show individual skill more than team effort ,
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I mean:
  1. team a chooses three different maps from the pool (ex. pro-q3dm6, q3dm7, pro-q3tourney2) and announce them (up to 48 h before)
  2. team b chooses three different maps that team a hasn't chosen already from what's left of the map pool (ex. overkill, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm14) and announce them (up to 48 h before)
  3. the final tie-breakers list for the fight gets determined (ex. hub3tourney1, pro-q3dm13, q3dm8 in this case) [up to 48 h before]
  4. team b blacklist one of team a picks (ex. pro-q3tourney2) and one from the tie-breakers (ex. pro-q3dm13) and announces it (up to 24 h before)
  5. team a blacklist one of team b picks (ex. overkill) and one from what's left of the tie-breakers after b blacklist (ex. hub3tourney1) and announces them (up to 24 h before)
  6. the fight is announced as pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm7, q3dm14, q3dm8
basically that will be the procedure.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, after further evaluation and from the input you provided I believe I can make another small change for this edition and I replaced now q3dm11 which was one of the lowest tier maps (for this specific setup) with rpg3dm2 that although it might not be a top tier competitive map it was nevertheless on the popular list of glacius and it was even requested. this change also has the positive side effect that it currently makes the ninth tie-breaker pro-q3tourney7 instead which probably might add to finally have a more varied tournament.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

rpg3dm2? It is cool 3v3 (and very intense). But it is too small for this. That would be a mess. Even during 1v1 you feel constant pressure.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know 5vs5 will probably get a bit crowded on that map but well at least it shouldn't take too long (which was the intention with the replacement) and it's kind of a popular and known map. a solid alternative could be 69pickup1 that would probably work out much better for 5vs5 but it's probably not as popular/known/good map as rpg3dm2. in my opinion it's worth finally giving it a try and see how it really does (if it's that it's even played) and in case it doesn't work it can simply be evaluated again on another edition as usual (ex. replaced with 69pickup1). I don't think it should be a big deal.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

adminless wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 17:01 I mean:
  1. team a chooses three different maps from the pool (ex. pro-q3dm6, q3dm7, pro-q3tourney2) and announce them (up to 48 h before)
  2. team b chooses three different maps that team a hasn't chosen already from what's left of the map pool (ex. overkill, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm14) and announce them (up to 48 h before)
  3. the final tie-breakers list for the fight gets determined (ex. hub3tourney1, pro-q3dm13, q3dm8 in this case) [up to 48 h before]
  4. team a blacklist one of team b picks (ex. overkill) and one from the tie-breakers (ex. hub3tourney1) and announces them (up to 24 h before)
  5. team b blacklist one of team a picks (ex. pro-q3tourney2) and one from what's left of the tie-breakers after a blacklist (ex. pro-q3dm13) and announces it (up to 24 h before)
  6. the fight is announced as pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm7, q3dm14, q3dm8
basically that will be the procedure.
That sounds as a good solution. You need sanctions for teams that do not announce maps on time (e.g. opponents play what they want).
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

I think best replacement for q3dm11, for this or future editions, would be map pro-dcmap7, which has already been proposed so there is shown interest in playing it, and is quite well known. Second map that might be suitable is q3shw14, which might be bit less known, but quite popular on pickups. Both maps are quite large so they will not be crowdy, and they dont force teams to play so campy as q3dm11.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@mwhq3 yes basically that's the sanction as stated almost on a fight basis, I chose the maps/blacklists I feel like (usually fairly though based on history/projection) when a team misses a deadline. speaking of deadlines in general (dates, maps, players etc in general), one thing I want to make clear once again right from the start is that deadlines are just that, deadlines. that's it, the last time when something is allowed to happen, not the time at what something should normally happen. a deadline is a margin that is fairly given to account for potential incidents and delays and not something just to be exploited. so in that regard the normal is to follow and develop this on about a daily basis and I really do hope that people account for that. ok, that being said, ass finally confirmed now for this so we're at least five teams now confirmed. hopefully if heero (or even the community) makes it too within the Tuesday night deadline we will reach the six team target. ok, we'll see, by that time (Wednesday) I'll post here the definitive list and we'll start with the opening week matches schedules so please stay tune.

@semi I think the major driver to replace q3dm11 was precisely that, the size and the pace, so it probably doesn't make much sense to replace it with other maps of very similar characteristics (and one of them even proven to not really work). as I said I think that best alternative options are either rpg3dm2 or 69pickup1, since the latter is not really much known/played (here), I guess I'll simply give it a shot to the former and if not we can just replace it with the latter on a future edition. no big deal, as usual, we'll see.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw as there seem to be some discussion about the dm11 replacement I opened now a poll on this thread about it that will run for a couple of days so make sure to vote on that.