UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 22 History - Team Pride Champions

what set of tie-breakers do you prefer for the finals?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:54

the classic complete historic one (6++ , q3dm7 , overkill , hub3tourney1 , pro-q3tourney2 , pro-q3dm13 , q3dm14 , reqdm5 , q3dm8)
11%
the regular season restricted one (6++ , reqdm5 , q3dm7 , pro-nodm9 , overkill , storm3tourney1 , q3dm8 , pro-q3tourney2 , bal3dm3)
89%

Total votes: 9

nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by nickaero »

Alexander wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 17:11
I leave work at 20:00 CET, if the match is played at 20:00 I cannot be physically present to play, even if the match is at 20:30 I have to arrive and go straight to my computer and play, no warm up no nothing, how is that beneficial for us?
Btw 20:30 CET is like what? 22:30 Moscow time? So you will collapse due to fatigue if you have to play Quake at 10:30pm? Seriously??
So you are telling us it's impossible to finish 30 min earlier once a month? Seriously? Take a day off / play from work / take a vacation / resign / find a replacement / play on the weekend etc. There are plenty of ways how to settle this.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH bro you cannot be serious right now.
So to you guys playing at 22:30 is more unreasonable than leaving work earlier to play videogames? This has to be a joke dude
Last edited by nickaero on Mon Dec 05, 2022 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

I leave work at 20:00 CET, if the match is played at 20:00 I cannot be physically present to play, even if the match is at 20:30 I have to arrive and go straight to my computer and play, no warm up no nothing, how is that beneficial for us?
Btw 20:30 CET is like what? 22:30 Moscow time? So you will collapse due to fatigue if you have to play Quake at 10:30pm? Seriously??
So you are telling us it's impossible to finish 30 min earlier once a month? Seriously? Take a day off / play from work / take a vacation / resign / find a replacement / play on the weekend etc. There are plenty of ways how to settle this.
But I do agree about playing on the weekend
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

in my opinion, wasting a weekend (or just any more time) just to finish two maps (I repeat at most, because it can perfectly be just one 15 mins map) is overkill though if you want to set up another date feel free to do so but let me know clearly otherwise I stand by what I wrote Thursday 8 20:45 CET (UTC+01) which seems like the most realistic, reasonable and fair to me.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 15:02 leaving work 20:00 CET (UTC+01) or even 22:00 CET (UTC+01) as is the case on plenty of malls/factory jobs/shifts across Europe it's not bullshit, it's a pretty normal thing that I can tell you for a fact myself and to make matters even worse there's even territories on this continent (notably the uk or Portugal for example) that are on gmt (i.e. one hour less than CET) which make things even more complicated. as I said yes sure I understand that pretending that some guys play five games 23:00 local time to end like 1 or 2 in the morning a week day is just not reasonable which is basically why I offered the double date split format to begin with and why I also ultimately accepted to delay the second part in-game at around 00:00 local time for them. that being said at the same time, pretending some guys to play just two games 22:45 local time to end like 23:35 local time (approx) it's a perfectly reasonable and realistic thing and basically it's just within the same hour margins as to play five games from 22:00 local time (i.e. 22:00-22:23, 22:24-22:47, 22:48-23:11, 23:12-23:35, 23:36-23:59 approx unless you waste a ton of time doing nothing of course) so no excuses. have some guys play two games (at most) from 22:45 till 23:35 local times (approx) given the circumstances look like a reasonable and fair compromise to me (just as reasonable as delay it the other day) therefor I will not accept that as a "reason" to delay/cancel the fight again or something as it's not. I repeat nobody is talking about now scheduling a hardcore best of five 23:00 local time, we just talking about two games which in case it wasn't be made clear enough already it would be at the time they would normally start if the start time would be the agreed 22:00 MCK on a best of five.
Difficult situations with times

But probably agree moscow players have most difficulty, even the regulars have trouble

Why not reduce the team match 4v4 smaller maps

Maybe next time this option can be given however how you your going to manage it is not Ezeeeeeee
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

nickaero wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 17:29

But I do agree about playing on the weekend
C'mon dude make ilm great again

Try weekend admin is willing at the moment make ruski will to
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

We'd like to pick req5, overkill, 6++ as our maps and ban charon from ILM picks
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@pacman willing? not really, as I said, I already provided a reasonable/realistic date/solution here for that (Thursday 8 20:45 CET, you just can not tell that you can play five hardcore maps starting at 22:00 local time but not two, at most, fast-paced ones starting at 22:45 local time) and that will be it, I'm not really gonna do a lot more about it, I meet my part on that. that being said now although as I also said I just don't see it happening otherwise I would have probably offered/tried it myself if they (both) want to try to agree something else anyways and let me know clearly (i.e. a specific date) when they (both) want/agree to play that before the Thursday 8 20:45 CET I can probably consider/allow that otherwise the established Thursday 8 20:45 CET time will remain. I hope I made myself more clear now.

@magi great news, thanks about that noted that then please let me know as well when you can in the next 24 hours what else you want to skip as well from the set of tie-breakers q3dm7, pro-q3dm13, q3dm14 so ilm can proceed afterwards with the definitive choices.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok enough said, hopefully this week fights are all set just with the exception of the final card for the Thursday 8 21:35 CET (approx) fight between ilm and oKo that I'm sure it will resolve promptly so great job on that guys and thus I think it's time to introduce the last round of fights that will complete the regular season as usual on Monday night for the people to plan them along this week(/s in this case):
  • Tenth 6
    • Team Over30 VS Team Community - Monday 12 of December of 2022 21:00 CET
  • Tenth 7
    • oKo Clan VS Team Pride - Wednesday 21 of December of 2022 20:00 CET
    • Team Community VS WTF Clan - Tuesday 20 of December of 2022 21:00 CET
    • ASS Clan VS Team Over30 - Thursday 15 of December of 2022 21:00 CET
as discussed previously since there's just four fights left and no more room for delays (that will be it) I just present them together as a fourteenth to be disputed from the Saturday 10 of December of 2022 21:00 CET till the Friday 23 of December of 2022 21:00 CET (both dates inclusive) to this way complete the whole regular season before the western catholic holiday of Christmas the Saturday 24 of December of 2022 20:00 CET (approx) this year as planned (to then have about three holiday weeks of rest/team changes subject to revision and come back with the 1st-4th and 2nd-3rd finals after the eastern orthodox holiday of Christmas the Saturday 7 of January of 2023 that will ultimately decide the champion team). I still don't really know if I will follow the FiFa 2022 Qatar World Cup semi-finals the days Tuesday 16 of December and Wednesday 17 of December 20:00 CET respectively both (btw 22:00 local start time, those things will do end up x in the morning local times just saying in case somebody don't know) or not but anyways since it's a major event that I believe that it's gonna have a major following (even if I skip those, probably various others will be interested anyways) I think the most appropriate is just to skip those dates at least initially specially considering that we're just right on schedule and there's really no need to stress things out. well and I think that should be it by now I assume you should know what follows now so just note those ones and let me know what works and what doesn't as usual.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Sneed's Feed and Seed
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

skip pro-q3dm13
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome thanks for that, noted now, ok then all that is left now for the Thursday 8 CET night (21:35 CET approx) fight is for ilm to block one of your picks as well (reqdm5, overkill, 6++) and to chose from q3dm7 or q3dm14 as the tie-breaker within the next 24 hours approx (i.e. Wednesday 7 21:35 approx) and after that I will finally send you the usual fight PM card. for the rest I still haven't heard anything about the currently presented fight (I mean, not that I was expecting/demanding to, just saying/reminding for the next days) then go thinking about that so far it only appears that team community is still in for those dates as already brought on the thread therefor is over and wtf can do those dates (Monday 12 and Tuesday 20 respectively at the usual 21:00 CET or approx times) then I believe we can proceed at least with those ones. also remember that if I haven't get it wrong ok can't play next therefor there's no much room to move the last oKo-pride fight initially scheduled for the Wednesday 21 of December of 2022 20:00 CET then probably the best option about that is just to take it if possible.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Regardless of whole match hour dispute, in my opinion it's hard to blame pride or anyone for camping on overkill. They took side of the map with more resources (yellow, mega and many hp bubbles), side of the map that is much bigger and harder to defend than tower. It's just logical strategy. If anything ilm camped small part of the map - also logical choice. Less resources but easier to defend and coordinate whole team. As people get more determined to win I expect more of it.

In classic deathmatch you break such deadlock with items and powerups. In CTF with flags. In unfreeze - with map layout and item placement. Imo these 3 seasons so far proved that maps like dm7, dm14, overkill, dm11 simply don't work with unfreeze rules in competitive setting. Results are random because it comes down to a game of chicken - who loses patience first. Games are boring to watch and frustrating to play. I've heard a lot of complaints about it from other teams who play these maps - even right after winning.

I don't criticize unfreeze ruleset - I think there is plenty of maps that play great with it and 3 new maps you've added this season are a bomb. Just no need to stick to classic deathmatch maps that were proven to not work very well under unfreeze ruleset. They are ok on public but not in tournament. There are some bigger, slower maps in the poll that work ok and don't allow for extreme camping: 6++, bloodcovenant, maybe 7++.

I know it's not the time to change maps but something to discuss after this season or before next.

PS we've chosen dm7/dm14 now and in the past out of calculation, but nobody in my team is looking forward to playing them afaik.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well regarding that match the stats tell that pride picked mega 24 times while ilm 18 nevertheless despite the dominance in item collection (4640:4545 and 3800:3500 in favor of ilm for health and armor respectively) so that "strategy" is at least arguable (ilm took 29 ra's [14.5 mins] and pride 34 ya's [14.17 mins] and mega was relatively disputed [-3/+3 from mean]) not to mention overkill real well known use has always been as ra3map11d (not as a "random" deathmatch map) where the whole point of the map was to go eliminating players across the map to meet with your teammates on the tower (which is the main room on the map) to dominate the entire game. matter of facts, back then teams deadlocking on ya room or other "random" strategies were probably kicked right away. anyways, not trying to bullshit or anything, it's not big deal, I'm ok with people playing the way they want (don't worry that the time I'm not, I'll simply mod it/adjust it or whatever as usual) so I'm just saying.

for the rest, yes I know I added all those other "random" "shitty" "crazy" maps "nobody" played for a reason as you can see, among others, they do work a lot better than all those premium elitist well known maps everybody request and hopefully they finally ended up being played. so yeah as usual I think that for the finals after this (where there will be a break) other map changes/adjustments or whatever can be considered. obviously right now in the middle of the decisive rounds it's not the time to start making changes/"trying" stuff so we'll see. overall I think that my stance on that it's known, balance, yeah may be those maps aren't the pinnacle outside the elitist head but they are as well there for a reason, it's what people expect and what people demand so it's always good to have various different options to chose from rather than now restricting this exclusively to aggressive/offensive maps beside those long disputed games have also delivered top plays and moments.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw over just got back with picks now reqdm5, storm3tourney1, pro-q3tourney7 for the community fight and said they preferred the Tuesday 13 instead of the Monday 12. Spain just got destroyed now big time by a team of campers on a stalemate at the FiFa 2022 Qatar World Cup round of sixteen then I guess that next week there will be no party here so if people want I believe we can probably resume the original Tuesday 13 21:00 CET date for that I assume it also worked (and was preferred) as well by team community. additionally they also confirmed the next Thursday 15 21:00 CET against ass date.
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

We skip req5 from okos picks and dm7 from tie breakers.