UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 22 History - Team Pride Champions

what set of tie-breakers do you prefer for the finals?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:54

the classic complete historic one (6++ , q3dm7 , overkill , hub3tourney1 , pro-q3tourney2 , pro-q3dm13 , q3dm14 , reqdm5 , q3dm8)
11%
the regular season restricted one (6++ , reqdm5 , q3dm7 , pro-nodm9 , overkill , storm3tourney1 , q3dm8 , pro-q3tourney2 , bal3dm3)
89%

Total votes: 9

Alexander
User lv3
User lv3

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by Alexander »

It’s a very strange approach. Basically you just high-handedly decided the date and time beneficial for ilm, ignoring our capabilities, and now you are forcing us to agree with that.
I repeat if you can play five games at 20:00 CET then you can CLEARLY play two (at most) at 20:45 CET (and even until 21:15 CET approx btw) so no further delays
No, it doesn’t work like this. I mean, of course we can do it physically, struggling with sleepiness and giving away the advantage, but why should it be this way? 20:00 is a fair time, late enough to get back home from work.
not even to mention in reality you kinda agreed to a best of five at 20:30 CET (not to this, you took a risk) and ignored the home-away double date format offered (you're taking now) in the first place.
That's a completely unrelated stuff, since you allowed us to finish on another day. Not even to mention we were kinda forced to play at 20:30 instead of 20:00 and I didn’t give the solid confirmation. “Let’s try, hope it won’t be 5 maps” is a little bit different thing rather then the agreement to confidently play bo5.
particularely considering most of the time lost during the warmup rounds as well as the terrible fight pace that led to split the fight came from your team end (your team lost ten mins downloading a map, camped yellow armor for half hour instead of going for the fight etc).
I’m sorry, but the second part is nonsense. We crossed from yellow to mega and back, controlling the major area, while ilm just stayed at red. And in fact it’s not their fault, but the only one possible outcome under circumstances you created, such as:

1. Manually broken map balance (RA moved on overkill)
2. Manually broken weapon balance (overpowered RL and GL, nerfed LG)
3. Stack preservation after round’s end
4. Team spawns at the same spots
5. Unsuitable small maps, designed for duel, not for 5v5 teamplay
6. Disabled powerups

Those ruin dynamic quake gameplay and balance and imposes boring camping strategy. The best proof for that is our 10-0 game vs the nearly top team community.

Taking a look at how unfreeze works on our q3msk servers might be helpful. Perhaps it’ll help you to fill the gap in understanding quake essentials and make gameplay more dynamic and exciting.
you will have to show up just as currently established (Thursday 8 20:45 CET) or that what's left will simply be given as won per default to ilm (i.e. 2:3).
That’s unacceptable. It is 2:1 so far, hence it would be fair to score our victory, or at least a draw. Otherwise we, and surely most of other teams, would not accept ilm fake victory, it will worth nothing.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

look enough said, I already told you clearly what's going to happen and why now whether you and/or somebody else agree/disagree with that and/or accept it or not, it's not really any of my business. I'm not here to argue any more non sense just for the sake of it, I'm here for the former and I already fulfilled my part. now that you're properly informed it's just up to you based on that information to act accordingly or in any way you deem appropriate. and btw just in case that eases your mind just letting you know that the ranked server will be open anyways 20:00 CET (UTC+01) as usual in case you wanna start the warm up there by that time.
Alexander
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Alexander »

Ok, if you've missed my point, I'll repeat again - 20:45 NOT CONFIRMED.
We'll be there at 20:00. If ilm aren't ready before 20:15, we'll leave and consider it as our victory 2:1.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thank you for your input ixsy, if you (or your team) change your mind later on and want to dispute what was left from this week fight against ilm (i.e. hub3tourney1 and if necessary q3dm8 as decider) know that the Thursday 8 20:45 CET (UTC+01) we will be there to finish that. otherwise I'll note that as unreasonable/unjustified refusal/disagreement to play on your end and therefor will give the remaining maps as won for ilm and reflect that accordingly on the scoreboards here. I felt your requests the other day were reasonable (that's why I conceded them anyways despite the controversy and btw now start bitching doesn't seem like the best way to "thank" me) however I find that these ones now are not so that's the stance of the organization of this tournament on that. good, for the rest hopefully I finally received now wtf picks against ass for the Wednesday 7 21:00 CET in time, req3dm5, storm3tourney1, charon3dm9, therefor now just at the wait for ass to do same as well as to announce their blocks (from tie-breakers included) within the next 24 hours (Monday 5 21:00 CET approx) to proceed with wtf last choices afterwards. additionally even still waiting for ass picks and blocks for the Tuesday 6 21:00 CET community fight until this night, not looking good at all for them.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, finally I just got now ass picks and blocks for the community and wtf fights as I was computing the projections to post them myself before the top clash between ass and oKo now in about an hour. so finally ass picked pro-q3dm6, reqdm5, q3dm7 against community and pro-q3dm6, q3dm7, bal3dm3 against wtf and blocked hub3tourney1, charon3dm9 and overkill from community, wtf and tie-breakers (in both cases) picks respectively. therefore now just at the wait of community to block one of ass picks (pro-q3dm6, reqdm5, q3dm7) and to choose between pro-q3tourney2 or q3dm14 as the decider in the next 24 hours (Monday 5 21:00 CET approx) and for wtf to do the same with ass picks (pro-q3dm6, q3dm7, bal3dm3) and between tie-breakers hub3tourney1 or pro-q3tourney2 in their case on the next 48 hours (Tuesday 6 21:00 CET) to hopefully with that leave all set for the next round of fights. additionally please ilm and oKo do not forget that by now your card for the Thursday 8 CET night fight is totally blank therefor ilm please remember to announce your picks in the next 24 hours (Monday 5 21:30 CET approx) at most.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok the super clash among tournament sensation ASS Clan that had managed to upset even the likes of former lineal champions against the reigning champions have been resolved with a impressive 0:3 away victory for the champs that now unless major surprises and still with permission from team community it probably sets them en route to end the regular season as the first place. unfortunately it wasn't the night for ass that for the most part was simply outclassed this night against a oKo that was just the better team and it even ended up the night setting a new historic team game record with up to 62 impressives on the last game. that was some serious performance from both teams, well played guys, ggs and since it finished earlier I believe that probably before midnight all the usual videos/stats thread should be up so make sure to not miss those ones either specially that last one historic impressive record.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

all up now (just waiting for YouTube to down that) as expected and as bonus received earlier wtf blocks for the Wednesday fight against ass (bal3dm3 and hub3tourney1) that means that will go reqdm5, pro-q3dm6, storm3tourney1, q3dm7, pro-q3tourney2 and then I will send tomorrow the usual forum fight card PM to the relevant guys of both teams here. please do not forget tomorrow both ilm and community to get back with your picks in the case of ilm against oko the Thursday and with the requested blocks (pro-q3dm6, reqdm5, q3dm7 - pro-q3tourney2 or q3dm14) in the case of team community against ass the Tuesday to continue with a rounds of fights that are starting to look decisive for the final regular season outcome.
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

Hello,

for the match vs. oko we pick hub3, charon and t2.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

We drop pro-q3dm6 and pro-q3tourney2
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

exciting news thank you both, noted now. ok, then the community-ass fight will go pro-nodm9, reqdm5, q3dm8, q3dm7 and q3dm14 later today I'll send you both the usual fight PM (as well as for the wtf-ass) and then just at the wait now for oKo to do the same and announce their picks for the Thursday against ilm as well as the subsequent blocks (from the tie-breakers included) until tomorrow Tuesday 6 of December of 2022 21:30 CET (UTC+01) approx.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Alexander wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:41 Ok, if you've missed my point, I'll repeat again - 20:45 NOT CONFIRMED.
We'll be there at 20:00. If ilm aren't ready before 20:15, we'll leave and consider it as our victory 2:1.
I leave work at 20:00 CET, if the match is played at 20:00 I cannot be physically present to play, even if the match is at 20:30 I have to arrive and go straight to my computer and play, no warm up no nothing, how is that beneficial for us?
Btw 20:30 CET is like what? 22:30 Moscow time? So you will collapse due to fatigue if you have to play Quake at 10:30pm? Seriously??
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 13:35 know that the Thursday 8 20:45 CET (UTC+01) we will be there to finish that. otherwise I'll note that as unreasonable/unjustified refusal/disagreement to play on your end
I am not sure that Pride deserves such ultimatums. No other team is forced to play at 22:45 and they already made some steps to the solution.
It is not the first time ILM give possible dates like "we can play only on Thursday 21:15" followed by the disclaimer that "They have work, they have only 6 in the team and no other date could be acceptable for them". And now it seems fine for them that Pride receives technical loss, because I do not see any attempts to find the solution from their side.

P.S. I remember last season when they played for the 3rd place vs same ILM they did not notice that the match was at 23-00 msk and that was the reason why people just did not connect. Ixsy managed to get some volounteers to hold at least a show game. But the situation shows that with high probability the ultimatum will not work. Which is the worst outcome of all.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

leaving work 20:00 CET (UTC+01) or even 22:00 CET (UTC+01) as is the case on plenty of malls/factory jobs/shifts across Europe it's not bullshit, it's a pretty normal thing that I can tell you for a fact myself and to make matters even worse there's even territories on this continent (notably the uk or Portugal for example) that are on gmt (i.e. one hour less than CET) which make things even more complicated. as I said yes sure I understand that pretending that some guys play five games 23:00 local time to end like 1 or 2 in the morning a week day is just not reasonable which is basically why I offered the double date split format to begin with and why I also ultimately accepted to delay the second part in-game at around 00:00 local time for them. that being said at the same time, pretending some guys to play just two games 22:45 local time to end like 23:35 local time (approx) it's a perfectly reasonable and realistic thing and basically it's just within the same hour margins as to play five games from 22:00 local time (i.e. 22:00-22:23, 22:24-22:47, 22:48-23:11, 23:12-23:35, 23:36-23:59 approx unless you waste a ton of time doing nothing of course) so no excuses. have some guys play two games (at most) from 22:45 till 23:35 local times (approx) given the circumstances look like a reasonable and fair compromise to me (just as reasonable as delay it the other day) therefor I will not accept that as a "reason" to delay/cancel the fight again or something as it's not. I repeat nobody is talking about now scheduling a hardcore best of five 23:00 local time, we just talking about two games which in case it wasn't be made clear enough already it would be at the time they would normally start if the start time would be the agreed 22:00 MCK on a best of five.
Alexander
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Alexander »

I leave work at 20:00 CET, if the match is played at 20:00 I cannot be physically present to play, even if the match is at 20:30 I have to arrive and go straight to my computer and play, no warm up no nothing, how is that beneficial for us?
Btw 20:30 CET is like what? 22:30 Moscow time? So you will collapse due to fatigue if you have to play Quake at 10:30pm? Seriously??
So you are telling us it's impossible to finish 30 min earlier once a month? Seriously? Take a day off / play from work / take a vacation / resign / find a replacement / play on the weekend etc. There are plenty of ways how to settle this.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, community-ass and wtf-ass fight PM's sent now then please check them out (the relevant parts fau, cliff, miro, kf) and let me know if there's some mistake there or anything, otherwise catch you tomorrow in-game for the community-ass fight and the Wednesday for the wtf-ass. good luck and have fun guys. other than that as a reminder now at the wait until tomorrow Tuesday 6 21:35 CET (approx) for oKo picks and blocks (with ilm picks hub3tourney1, charon3dm9, pro-q3tourney2 and tie-breakers blocks included) and hopefully this night I will introduce here the remaining fights of the regular season altogether (just four fights) to be played across the following two weeks prior the western catholic holidays of the Christmas that will resolve the final season places with probably everything still open for grabs until the last fight so please stay tune as usual.