fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

fpsclassico masters 22 - Miroslav super champion
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

Post by adminless »

ok PM sent now if you haven't received it or anything just let me know other than that I think that hopefully we're all set for this exciting week of great fights. just as a reminder remember that the (default) time for the fights has been adjusted to 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) instead of 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) so tomorrow 21:15 will be the first quarter final of the tournament between undisputed/undefeated top contender and probably favorite Miroslav and heat winner Cthulhu followed by a epic clash between reigning masters champion fau and top player Magister for probably the first stellar fight of the many to come from the tournament. last but no least the Thursday 21:30 will be disputed the ninth place of the tournament between top 10 players MyWifesHatesQ3 and Orgi so make sure to not miss that one either. those interested remember that you can just watch all the fights live simply by connecting to fpsclasico:27972 or fpsclasico.eu:27972 from your Quake III Arena clients at the time of the fights and that you can just switch player point of views with the \gtv_nextview command. have fun and good luck to everyone involved on this round, catch you on game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok unfortunately this night event finished early since unfortunately one of the competitors, Cthulhu, didn't even show up without further notice. very huge disappointing and very lame/disrespectful attitude from Cthulhu not only towards his opponent (Miroslav) and the organization (i.e. me) but also towards the good people around that follows this and was awaiting this night with great excitement. not acceptable behavior that will obviously carry a red card and immediate disqualification from any further organized events here on this season as well as the round lost 3:0 in favor of Miroslav that won't just advance undefeated/undisputed towards the semis but now also uncontested as well. additionally this will mean that although MyWifeHatesQ3 and Orgi will fight the Thursday for the ninth place in reality they will go for a eight place and this incident could open then the door to carry on further potential undercards as the eight place. ok, that's all for this night, thanks to the guys that tuned in and sorry that the fight didn't happen.
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

good morning
i need to schedule another date for my upcoming game against sn1. the problem is that i have to work next week from 15:15 till 0:15 CET :D
so if possible, i would be good this sunday 24th april 21:00 CET
if everybody agrees.
btw i will pick ztn and pro t4 :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

this Sunday 24 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) is fine with me so added now to the tournament charts and if sn1 agrees with that date as well then that should settle it. thanks for the update.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I apologize to everyone, especially my opponent and the tournament organizer, for my absence yesterday, I am very sorry that a mere accident has resulted in my absence and disqualification as well as your anger and disappointment. I've been preparing for this duel so I'm just as angry as you, and even more so. that a simple nap prevented me from playing. Sorry again, Miroslav.
Camaradas Iks De
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hey CTHULHU

from my side apologies accepted. I would like to play the match against you _unofficially_ at some point though.

best regards
sn1
User lv2
User lv2

Post by sn1 »

hello, ok for me for this sunday..
ill pick hub3aeroq3 and pro-q3dm13
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

fantastic, good stuff, fight PM sent now to both of you and then if you don't have any questions we should be all set to meet the Sunday night to dispute the third quarter final so as usual, fight hard, fight clean, have fun and good luck to both of you.
sn1
User lv2
User lv2

Post by sn1 »

sorry changed my mind :D
hub3aeroq3 and hektik, thanks
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good, no problem, noted down hektik_b3 in place of pro-q3dm13 then.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking fau turned champ mode on this night to conquer the second quarter final of the tournament and advance to the semis as a strong candidate to at least make it into the final, please everybody congratulate him on a strong victory this night. for the rest unfortunately no much to report as the match was mostly entirely one sided with a dominating fau that for the most part it was probably just the better player of the pair this night. I think the stellar moment of the night was cpm24, first magi choice, that to be honest it looked to me like a total gamble and that ultimately with fau one of the strongest lg players around probed to be fatal for its selector. in any case notable mention as well to magi for never losing the spirit and hopefully this time complete the fight without incidents and going down (from the main event) with honor as a great player as well. so a big shout to him as well as it's obvious that it takes great courage and character to get on events of this caliber, respect.

ok so the first round of the quarters has ended with no surprises, miro and fau on the semis with clean sheets, congrats to both and good luck on the next round that promise to be a lot more disputed. now let's move to the second round of quarters that will decide which four will ultimately compete for the ultimate title of fpsclassico lineal champion. without further redo here are this week matches:

Quarter-Finals
  • sn1 vs kf (Sunday 24 of April of 2022 21:15 CEST [UTC+02])
  • Mike vs noobzordofzords (Wednesday 27 of April of 2022 21:15 CEST [UTC+02])
undercards
  1. seventh place match (Thursday 28 of April of 2022 21:15 CEST [UTC+02])
    • Magister vs 8th place
the third quarter final between sn1 and kf is already set for this Sunday night then as usual just waiting to hear from both mike and noob when they can dispute their other quarter, if not at the default scheduled time at which one, on the next days. for the undercard of the week no surprises there either, probably without any other alternative/volunteers I'll keep the theme of a small cup to resolve as many places as possible so I'll just suggest magi versus the eigth place. that fight was expected to be magi vs cthulhu but as commented previously with cthulhu out of the competition and sanctioned due unnoticed no showing his place will move on to the winner of the ninth place that will be played tomorrow adding even more interest to the play. as said, being mostly a spin off, contrary to the main event, they are not mandatory to complete though I really encourage everyone to complete them anyways as in my opinion add a lot to the game of the lesser competitors then those involved please let me know.

and that should be it by now, needless to say videos for this being produced now to be posted soon along with the demos for revision for those interested as well. stats/ranks/scores already updated before writing this. thank you for tuning in and catch you tomorrow on the dispute for the ninth (eight now real) place.
sn1
User lv2
User lv2

Post by sn1 »

could you please add map q3amphi to master server? id like to train and warmup there if possible
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, I guess tomorrow I can do that, this night (both me as well as the server) is gonna be busy with the ninth place event.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys the ninth place has ended with a close tie-breaker 2:3 victory in favor of Orgi. with each home map to their respective pickers this night was finally a really balanced/open one that probably anybody could have won and that ultimately it was decided just by the minor details. hub3tourney1 was the first map where mywifehatesq3 really dominated here with overall much better item/map control. despite orgi q3tourney3 mastery this time mywifehatesq3 somehow found a way to keep the map relatively close with a above average rail performance even despite the network disadvantage. he opened with a good streak to take the lead but ultimately ended up succumbing to the terrific efforts of orgi that came back strong on the second half of the map to tie the scores in probably the best play of the night. pro-q3tourney4 was definitively a different story and here orgi just returned the solid win of the opening game to his opponent. with a 1:2 losing score pahnq3dm1_rev was a make or break situation for mywifehatesq3 that once again managed to handle the situation with a cold headed level game to prevail and that way tie the fight forcing the first tie-breaker finish of the season so far even despite some serious technical (net) issues. the tie-breaker was definitively disputed with chances for both although pro-q3dm6 not being the most tactical map in the repertory and probably more driven by pure fighting skill this time it adequate better orgi that ended up taking with a solid 5:11 to end the competition with a more than respectful eight place given the disqualification of one of the other participants. overall a great show from the entry level participants of the tournament to settle the low ranks so thank you very much for participate and well played both of you, ggs.

unfortunately one thing I had overlooked with my proposition for the seventh place fight to replace the eight place with the winner of this is that magi had already fought orgi on the heats (and consistently won) so if orgi ended up winning this night (as it finally has been the case) then probably a rematch just like this didn't make much sense. then basically this night outcome means that finally magi will take the seventh place of the tournament (at least by now) so the seventh place fight won't place and instead if he is interested and somebody around (of similar skill) is interested then probably just a regular undercard fight (organized but outside of the ranking/tournament) could be arranged for the proposed Thursday night date or another one to establish, anybody interested on that?

and that should be it by now, as usual videos tomorrow on separate thread and hopefully if nothing fails as the finals mandate wallhack enabled for revision. have fun and catch you the Sunday night then for the main event, no other than the third quarter final of the tournament between two top seeds, sn1 and kf.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@sn1 I added q3amphi now to the masters (q3) servers for training while the tournament/events is/are ongoing as you requested (will be removed afterwards as these are competitive public servers not random training ones).

for the rest about the ninth place videos at least one of the them broke on the special render which consequently broke the automation process so I relaunched it this morning and if none other ones breaks then the remaining four should be posted this afternoon instead and I'll review/patch later on the broken one.

update: all good now with the new renderer (it was just misinstalled not broken), the ninth place videos should be done then by the night 21:00-22:00 approx.