[video] Just a simple fan video :-)

Express Yourself here.
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Re: Just a simple fan video :-)

Post by Bishop »

Your editing skills are outstanding. I do wonder whether you have the .pk file that changes the "hit sound" on the unfreeze client, equivalent to the one in ql?
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Bishop wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:24 Your editing skills are outstanding. I do wonder whether you have the .pk file that changes the "hit sound" on the unfreeze client, equivalent to the one in ql?
THx, but i think my editing skill is maximum medium: -)

" I do wonder whether you have the .pk file that changes the "hit sound" on the unfreeze client, equivalent to the one in ql?"

Video playing i use WolfcamQL with quakelive pak00.pk3 ( not quake3 pak0.pk3 ), this hit sound / i think " / is default. I you want change it must find the sound file and change it.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Hi !

one day Karen asked how the oscilloscope project was going? I told him I was taking a break due to lack of time.

Regardless of this, today I started saving data to an external HDD and deleting it from my computer (I will replace it) and that's how I found this video.

https://scienceprog.com/vga-to-x-y-z-scope-converter/ <---I used this converter.
This is a fun project I found on Jon’s antique radios web-page. He has managed to convert the VGA output signal from PC to X Y X oscilloscope signal. Converting the VGA RGB signal to a synchronized oscilloscope input signal is pretty easy because VGA has two sync signals separate from RGB signals. Look at pin-out of VGA cable:
Sync signals make things much easier as there is no need for additional sync signal generators – thus circuit becomes pretty simple without any programmable components:
The sync signals are taken from the VGA cable trigger sweep tooth signal (555 timers) generators. These generators generate ram signals for oscilloscope, which enable the creation of a raster pattern. The vertical generator frequency is around 75Hz, and horizontal about 35kHz is used as horizontal sync pulses. Output sync (75Hz) is fed to oscilloscope Y-axis, and 35kHz sync signal is fed to the X-axis of the oscilloscope. The circuit is ready for 800 x 600 at a 75Hz refresh rate. For different configurations, you might need to adjust horizontal and vertical sync 555timers RC circuits.

The RGB signal is converted to a monochrome signal and fed to the Z-axis of the oscilloscope as intensity.
Raster picture from 15 pin D-sub to philips pm3382 scope display.

Record to huawei p30 phone.

The quality deteriorates due to many conversions:

1. Digital to Analog ( Record videó digital and to output is analog d-sub )

2. D-sub to oscilloscope

3. Record the scope display

4. Cute the file ( sony vegas ) and convert again.

Music used:

Used by: METROiD for "Rogue Trooper" crack program
Title: Overdrive
Artist: Purple Motion

For the dinamic lighting used The Berserker@quake3 project. forum --> https://quakegate.ru/forum/bserserker-s-projects/
Berserker@Quake3 is the heavily modified idTech3 engine, based on quake3-1.32b source code.

OpenGL render uses the light pre-pass deferred shading technology. All geometric data was moved into Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO), all shaders (render scripts) calculations has been moved into vertex and fragment programs (GLSL). It means that render lost CPU dependency now.
Every material can use normalMap (for classic dot3 bumpmapping), colored specularMap, heightMap (special pre-calculated texture used by CSM: cone step mapping) and detailed normalMap.
Special thanx for GT-Agressor and ATex (arts: normalmaps, specularmaps, heightmaps), Trebor (XReal project) for general VBO algorithm, Kirk Barnes for Fake Lighting idea, KriGSSv1N for general consulting, Viper_2540 for modern hardware and John Carmack for great engines.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

:>

v00 version, no weapons animation , no changing wallpaper, very low details etc... and of course the sync is not sync wtih the music.. :>

I think it's just fun, and iam not found gunsync to q3a. It's not difficult, but need time cut it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 16:27

Hi !

one day Karen asked how the oscilloscope project was going? I told him I was taking a break due to lack of time.

Regardless of this, today I started saving data to an external HDD and deleting it from my computer (I will replace it) and that's how I found this video.

https://scienceprog.com/vga-to-x-y-z-scope-converter/ <---I used this converter.
This is a fun project I found on Jon’s antique radios web-page. He has managed to convert the VGA output signal from PC to X Y X oscilloscope signal. Converting the VGA RGB signal to a synchronized oscilloscope input signal is pretty easy because VGA has two sync signals separate from RGB signals. Look at pin-out of VGA cable:
Sync signals make things much easier as there is no need for additional sync signal generators – thus circuit becomes pretty simple without any programmable components:
The sync signals are taken from the VGA cable trigger sweep tooth signal (555 timers) generators. These generators generate ram signals for oscilloscope, which enable the creation of a raster pattern. The vertical generator frequency is around 75Hz, and horizontal about 35kHz is used as horizontal sync pulses. Output sync (75Hz) is fed to oscilloscope Y-axis, and 35kHz sync signal is fed to the X-axis of the oscilloscope. The circuit is ready for 800 x 600 at a 75Hz refresh rate. For different configurations, you might need to adjust horizontal and vertical sync 555timers RC circuits.

The RGB signal is converted to a monochrome signal and fed to the Z-axis of the oscilloscope as intensity.
Raster picture from 15 pin D-sub to philips pm3382 scope display.

Record to huawei p30 phone.

The quality deteriorates due to many conversions:

1. Digital to Analog ( Record videó digital and to output is analog d-sub )

2. D-sub to oscilloscope

3. Record the scope display

4. Cute the file ( sony vegas ) and convert again.

Music used:

Used by: METROiD for "Rogue Trooper" crack program
Title: Overdrive
Artist: Purple Motion

For the dinamic lighting used The Berserker@quake3 project. forum --> https://quakegate.ru/forum/bserserker-s-projects/
Berserker@Quake3 is the heavily modified idTech3 engine, based on quake3-1.32b source code.

OpenGL render uses the light pre-pass deferred shading technology. All geometric data was moved into Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO), all shaders (render scripts) calculations has been moved into vertex and fragment programs (GLSL). It means that render lost CPU dependency now.
Every material can use normalMap (for classic dot3 bumpmapping), colored specularMap, heightMap (special pre-calculated texture used by CSM: cone step mapping) and detailed normalMap.
Special thanx for GT-Agressor and ATex (arts: normalmaps, specularmaps, heightmaps), Trebor (XReal project) for general VBO algorithm, Kirk Barnes for Fake Lighting idea, KriGSSv1N for general consulting, Viper_2540 for modern hardware and John Carmack for great engines.
555 timer :D brings back memories from school days ....
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

this guy, as always, does not cease to surprise, both with knowledge and ideas.
Camaradas Iks De
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 23:50 this guy, as always, does not cease to surprise, both with knowledge and ideas.
thank you, I hope there will be more good ideas (there is a plan, starting from RTX (Ray tracing), via 3d projector video and many other things. :> Need many time and money.

PAcman : Image

Yo! the 555 timer integrated circuit is very common and widespread. A long time ago, more than 10+ years ago, I built a lot of craziness with it, but in a rather DIY way. Maybe I'll take these things and build them in a more professional way.

First it was a very rudimentary plasma speaker:> ~7kV output voltage, 555 ic and bipolar transistor.

I probe this circuit combined with a cheap market plasma sphere:

Video resoulion and the sound quality is low, because, ia havent good camera record it. But fun.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

black magic for me ))
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yeah that totally looks like taken from one of those marvel chapters in where tony stark was still crawling his way out of a cave messing around with random electronics trying to become iron man :lol:
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 16:00
oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 23:50 this guy, as always, does not cease to surprise, both with knowledge and ideas.
thank you, I hope there will be more good ideas (there is a plan, starting from RTX (Ray tracing), via 3d projector video and many other things. :> Need many time and money.

PAcman : Image

Yo! the 555 timer integrated circuit is very common and widespread. A long time ago, more than 10+ years ago, I built a lot of craziness with it, but in a rather DIY way. Maybe I'll take these things and build them in a more professional way.

First it was a very rudimentary plasma speaker:> ~7kV output voltage, 555 ic and bipolar transistor.

I probe this circuit combined with a cheap market plasma sphere:

Video resoulion and the sound quality is low, because, ia havent good camera record it. But fun.
I am 51 , 555 & 556 were so good for projects old days lol
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Re: [video] Just a simple fan video :-)

Post by Lisa_Ann »

I'm trying gunsync videos, so far it's not really good, but maybe it will go with vodka. :>

PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 0:20 I'm trying gunsync videos, so far it's not really good, but maybe it will go with vodka. :>

No one should give you weapons in real life :thumbup:
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 22:26 I’ve been playing the game for a year and I fell in love with it and the community as well. I’m trying to edit a video in my spare time, but I’m pretty beginner at it. Unfortunately, I'm playing with an old laptop, so I can't make any nicer videos right now. : /

Anyway, I'm waiting for your opinions. _:)

Nice vid!

Btw whats this monkey thing? :think:
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

^ironmonkey wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 19:44
Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 22:26 I’ve been playing the game for a year and I fell in love with it and the community as well. I’m trying to edit a video in my spare time, but I’m pretty beginner at it. Unfortunately, I'm playing with an old laptop, so I can't make any nicer videos right now. : /

Anyway, I'm waiting for your opinions. _:)

Nice vid!

Btw whats this monkey thing? :think:
Hey!

Thank you, but it is older video :>

"Btw whats this monkey thing?"

It's a simple story. My favorite adventure game is the Monkey Island. A I would like use the Guybrush Threepwood name, but is too long, the game cant display it.

"The origin of the name "Guybrush" comes in part from Deluxe Paint, the tool used by the artists to create the character sprite. Since the character had no name at this point, the file was simply called "Guy". When the file was saved, Steve Purcell, the artist responsible for the sprite, added "brush" to the filename, indicating that it was the Deluxe Paint "brush file" for the "Guy" sprite. The file name was then "guybrush.bbm", so the developers eventually just started referring to this unnamed 'Guy' as "Guybrush".[2][3] Guybrush's surname "Threepwood" was decided upon in a company contest and is derived from P. G. Wodehouse's family of characters including Galahad Threepwood and Freddie Threepwood (with whom he shares similar characteristics). "Threepwood" is also rumoured to have been the name of Dave Grossman's RPG character"

This is how the monkey nick name remained and because I like ASCII characters, I drew it this way.
There's no other reason, but I rarely use it anymore. Now I'm the only Lisa the Ann :>
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

lis is the BOSS !
Camaradas Iks De