Per-map inventory

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Lewd
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: Lewd

Per-map inventory

Post by Lewd »

Dumb idea related to "bring back DM18", "DM16 is cancer" and other complaints I've seen.

Could we just have different starting inventories and stacks depending on the map? What if the spacey maps had you start with something like *one* rail slug. 18 would probably be viable if rails weren't that oppressive, 16 might gain too. Or if the "standard" maps like 7, 11 and 14 didn't have grenades at all, or less of them, just to skip the "everyone spam the mid choke" phase of each round.

Has this been tried?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Per-map inventory

Post by adminless »

that's technically possible but I don't think that would apply here. that would basically just feel like playing different mods depending on the map which is probably not what people joins here for so that's the way these servers work.
Lewd
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: Lewd

Post by Lewd »

I disagree since per-map weapon sets are normal in the base game and all mods that aren't CA-like, and starting with all weapons is abnormal in itself. A part of a map's balance is which weapons were placed on it and how hard they were to get. I got this idea trying to think if DM18 would work; rail would normally be too oppressive there, but with 1 or 2 shots per spawn it might be viable. On the other hand, MG would gain value since it has the second best range.

Likewise, vq3 also modifies starting stack on at least one map (DM10) so the idea is not that far out.

No, the actual danger is in making the defending team too weak and making it much harder to break the point-for-point cycle. If the defenders run out of ammo too fast, the team to get the first point will win most of the time.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

If I had a Unfreeze wish come true, It would be that one or two maps in the rotation would be Rail only. One hit kills.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just check the next message for reference, it goes in the total oposite direction. it's just the way it's as you can see if it will go changing like that then each map would end up being almost like a different mod (one insta map, another rockets only, other with crazy jumps, another lg only etc etc). of course not every map is the same, that's obvious, but it's what it's as I'm telling you. overall the policy here in that aspect is to blend the map to the common well known established here settings rather than the other way around so everything ends playing in a similar way and I don't think it's gonna change. as I'm telling you if you would want something else then we would be talking about a different mod which is not UnFreeZe.
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Agreed..
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 19:55 just check the next message for reference, it goes in the total oposite direction. it's just the way it's as you can see if it will go changing like that then each map would end up being almost like a different mod (one insta map, another rockets only, other with crazy jumps, another lg only etc etc). of course not every map is the same, that's obvious, but it's what it's as I'm telling you. overall the policy here in that aspect is to blend the map to the common well known established here settings rather than the other way around so everything ends playing in a similar way and I don't think it's gonna change. as I'm telling you if you would want something else then we would be talking about a different mod which is not UnFreeZe.

But you could arrange it as a game right? All stars one hit kill 30 players on large ass map

Last man standing is the unfriz reil ass chempion over rounds :lol:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I said, I could do that for another mod or other things but then it will be that another mod and not UnFreeZe which is for what people joins here.