community summer 24 event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what date/s would suit you to play a ctf event next week?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 22, 2024 23:08

Tuesday 20 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
28%
Wednesday 21 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
12%
Thursday 22 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
16%
Sunday 25 of August of 2024 16:00 CEST (UTC+02)
8%
Sunday 25 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
36%

Total votes: 25

redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Re: community summer 24 event

Post by redrum »

Im in for CTF too.
tubylec
User lv2
User lv2

Post by tubylec »

im in !
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

good progress! making it happen again! :-) thanks everyone for quickly committing. very happy
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

I am interested in CTF too
lith
User lv1
User lv1

Post by lith »

can probably do ctf Tuesday or Thursday 😘
champi
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

If it's premade teams, I'll play and get Ahu.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok great news then I just noted miro, kf, holysquid, agi, walnut, aimer, redrum, tubylec, nick and lith for this and iron and pacman as backups so far if I haven't missed anyone (let me know otherwise). that means that then we're ten so far and two backups, probably with just a handful (4-5) more we should be enough for the ctf game so anybody else around is interested to add him too? as for the format/maps etc is the one I already previously posted here. as noted there and even in the own title of the thread it's just a community game, not a tournament or any sort of special event, so there's no "premade" teams here. the teams will be established once the list of participants is known based solely in humanly perceived balance assisted with stats where possible/available. ok I just added a new pool for the week then now, go voting there, again I believe the week days are gonna be too soon as there's even not enough people (minimum necessary around 14) so far then I guess that the best option by now can probably be the next Sunday again. otherwise there's the possibility to leave it for the week after at last, as usual it will depend on the turnout/availability therefor please stay tuned.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

7v7 on ctf2 is pushing it 👀
can we vary the map pool a bit if we end up with more than 5v5?
lith
User lv1
User lv1

Post by lith »

adminless wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 15:30 ok great news then I just noted miro, kf, holysquid, agi, walnut, aimer, redrum, tubylec, nick and lith for this and iron and pacman as backups so far if I haven't missed anyone (let me know otherwise). that means that then we're ten so far and two backups, probably with just a handful (4-5) more we should be enough for the ctf game so anybody else around is interested to add him too? as for the format/maps etc is the one I already previously posted here. as noted there and even in the own title of the thread it's just a community game, not a tournament or any sort of special event, so there's no "premade" teams here. the teams will be established once the list of participants is known based solely in humanly perceived balance assisted with stats where possible/available. ok I just added a new pool for the week then now, go voting there, again I believe the week days are gonna be too soon as there's even not enough people (minimum necessary around 14) so far then I guess that the best option by now can probably be the next Sunday again. otherwise there's the possibility to leave it for the week after at last, as usual it will depend on the turnout/availability therefor please stay tuned.
i recommend me as a backup as i probably wont be able to play sunday unless its at like 6-7pm
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@aimer last time q3ctf2 was played 5vs5 here it wasn't by any means crowded so it should play ok for 7vs7 beside as I just wrote it's just a casual community game, it's not like the event is gonna be packed with hardcore ctf players or anything. it can probably be moved last in the list if you want that way most of often than not you usually have drops in the last game so it should end up being played below 7vs7. the rest of the maps there are all hardcore 7vs7 or even more this time. in case of not enough people I assume we would probably have to look for other smaller maps like the ones that has already been played at other events but the plan is to stick to those. I mean, that's the point of the event this time.

@lilith ok no problem I'll note that and then we'll see how it turns out depending in the rest too.
lith
User lv1
User lv1

Post by lith »

i think 7v7 ctf2 with be a 1 hour long overtime game :p
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no way, as noted in the format games are scored at 7 caps or 20 minutes and in the event of a protracted draw I guess I would just start dropping the last places of each team every two minutes (approx depending in the circumstances) until the game concludes. overall the whole thing (the five maps) should be done in under two hours.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hey adminless

but we are good to go with the 10 persons we already got right?
i am with aimer on ctf2. some maps are not meant to be played with 14 players ;-) other than that really looking forward to it

best
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

not really, the event posted is meant for minimum 12-14 committed players, considering at least 2-3 are backups that means that you need at least 4-5 more people for this. the maps posted are clearly way bigger for just 10 people. q3ctf2 was already played 5vs5 here and it was way slow, barely playable. as I just said not everyone is a hardcore ctf player here, matter of fact, few have ever even played ctf here so that should be ok beside if you just want it can be left last in the rotation so it's less likely to be packed. that said if something can be organized for 10 players anyway sure it can as it was the case on previous occasions but then it would have to be a completely different card than posted. I believe that has already been done various times so I assume the interest/feeling was to do something else this time.
Rexzie
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Rexzie »

CTF is the best