Hub is messed up

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Hub is messed up

Post by adminless »

I don't think it makes sense or that it's any good to have three versions of basically the same map (vq3, cpm and ql) specially considering all the rest of the maps available, that just looks boring and annoying to me, so basically I just mixed/blend them in that edit and that will stick by now. as usual if on the future it's consistently proven for fact with solid consistent figures that it doesn't play as shit as people put it here but even a lot more shit then it will be evaluated to be re-edited as with everything else around here but not by now and definitively not just like that. I know, those maps along with many others are hardly playable with plain vq3 physics that's why in that server you have at least ramp jumps available. as with the hub here that doesn't make the physics cpm, that's clear and nobody is claiming that not even pretending it, but at least I think that it should provide a interesting and fun to play blend/mix in my opinion.
RH
Unleveled User

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 15:11 I don't think it makes sense or that it's any good to have three versions of basically the same map (vq3, cpm and ql) specially considering all the rest of the maps available, that just looks boring and annoying to me, so basically I just mixed/blend them in that edit and that will stick by now. as usual if on the future it's consistently proven for fact with solid consistent figures that it doesn't play as shit as people put it here but even a lot more shit then it will be evaluated to be re-edited as with everything else around here but not by now and definitively not just like that. I know, those maps along with many others are hardly playable with plain vq3 physics that's why in that server you have at least ramp jumps available. as with the hub here that doesn't make the physics cpm, that's clear and nobody is claiming that not even pretending it, but at least I think that it should provide a interesting and fun to play blend/mix in my opinion.
All three versions of aerowalk in quake3 play differently. Trying to "merge" them all with random changes you don't understand does nothing but remove the capability to actually play the distinct versions of the map. I already recommended you just spin off your version as something like adminless-aeroq3 and leave hub alone, but you don't want to see how the community will completely ignore your version and keep playing the actual hub3aeroq3 that everyone has played for >20 years.

You actually sit there and claim maps are hardly playable with plain vq3 physics, but that's more of a skill issue on your part. The ramp jump / double jump that's added basically ruins several maps. I even provided really good examples of necessary and frequently used routes in duel maps that your double jump ruins, and you completely ignored it.

Again, you don't play duel and don't understand how duel is played so why are you fucking with it so hard? This is just another example of players telling you they don't like your changes, and you completely ignoring it because you think you know better. I could understand if you wanted to tweak the game to be what you wanted to play, but you don't even play duel so you are just fucking it up for other people for no reason.

I went through my screenshots, and I can't find a single match against another good player on your server in over a year. The server is already seen as a joke to anyone who plays quake3 duel. The mod already has the worst hit detection and feels the worst by far out of all of the unlag servers, so why provide even more reasons for people to not play on your server? Duel players are not like unfreeze players, small changes are not acceptable. All you have to do for success is not fuck with the game that people already like to play.

I know this screenshot was you, because it was right when you implemented that fucking horrible double jump onto the server (without any public statement) and you were trying to test out all the fucking stupid jumps. Is this why you decided to ruin hub on your server?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
champi
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

Nice screenshot
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@RH I don't see the problem with you and/or anybody else hating on these servers, that's totally fine and actually the expectation coming from that group of players. as I told you I run these servers for all those casual every day players that are just here to have fun and a good time online not for any sort of toxic elitist communities and players that are never really gonna add up anything as can be seen so what I understand a little less is why you still keep coming here despite being fully aware and conscious of all that, it doesn't make any sense right? time and time again you keep showing up here all fucked up like if I would have lied to you cheat you or something when I believe that I have always been very clear with you, I just don't get it, get over it. for the rest all that had to be answered already has been so I'm not gonna waste any more time repeating myself.
RH
Unleveled User

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 20:11 @RH I don't see the problem with you and/or anybody else hating on these servers, that's totally fine and actually the expectation coming from that group of players. as I told you I run these servers for all those casual every day players that are just here to have fun and a good time online not for any sort of toxic elitist communities and players that are never really gonna add up anything as can be seen so what I understand a little less is why you still keep coming here despite being fully aware and conscious of all that, it doesn't make any sense right? time and time again you keep showing up here all fucked up like if I would have lied to you cheat you or something when I believe that I have always been very clear with you, I just don't get it, get over it. for the rest all that had to be answered already has been so I'm not gonna waste any more time repeating myself.
Duel and casual are very incompatible things. I understand the unfreeze server is the most casual and least competitive servers in the entirety of quake3 with a low average player skill to match. Duel servers don't work that way. It is by far the most try hard game mode.

That being said, NOTHING you've changed helps casual players. As I said, the added armor on your bastardized version of aerowalk and the placement of it would let me roll noobs even harder than if we were just playing cpm22 or ql_aerowalk. The added spawns don't change the outcome for me because I know how to punish every spawn even on ql_aerowalk, but it does make it harder for a weaker player who isn't in control for as long to rack up frags. You are also making it so more talented players who adapt to map changes are more likely to perform better, and punishing any lower skilled player who may watch a ton of hub3aeroq3 demos to learn how to play. You are doing the opposite of what you think you are doing. But really, the outcome is going to be that nobody will play aerowalk on your server anymore.

You are making changes without understanding the game mode AT ALL.

All you have actually accomplished is making it impossible to play the real hub3aeroq3 on the server, which many old quake3 players AND tourists will not like. If some one watches a youtube video of a q3 aerowalk duel and it inspires them to drop in to play, they aren't going to want to play when they see the map isn't even the same. Like it or not, you host quake3 servers. Quake3 players want to play quake3. AGAIN, you don't even play duel so who the fuck are these changes even for?

The only reason I even play on your servers is I just make people ragequit 90% of the time and it's funny. The server is worse to play on than retro, warserver, q3msk, artifex, any q3+ server, any vq3 e+ server, any cpma vq3 server (with low ping), osp servers (with low ping), any OA server of any mod in that game, and multiple other smaller mods such as baseq3a that anyone can run a server on. The very low quality implementation of unlag alone makes it almost impossible to play on high ping, but I do it anyway for laughs because the competition level is very low. If there is people on literally any other fucking duel server, other than OSP with >100 ping, then I am not playing on your server.

I didn't even ask that you completely discard your shittier version of aerowalk, I just said make it separate from hub3aeroq3 so I can play the actual map. You will go on and on about the way maps were intended to play (while being completely incorrect in terms of jumps), but then you won't even let people play maps with the original item layout on your server?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I insist, what's the point of all this? dude you just keep spamming the same shit over and over again like if that were going to make any difference, in what exactly that's any different from any of your previous four messages? haven't I already answered all that? like for the eleventh time I do not run these servers for people that watch YouTube videos of pro finals and then join random public servers thinking they are rapha, evil, cooler etc etc or just for people that if they are not gonna hate this for some random reason they will do for another one billion ones as you're putting it yourself. that's some really stupid shit right there, I obviously couldn't care less about any of that and I think that I have made it very clear already that I will not change it back any time soon as the changes look like a improvement/fun to me for the reasons I provided (yeah, sure I know they are not gonna stop you from raping any random but, once again, like if I would have ever claimed and/or expected it otherwise. what it looks like you just don't seem to realise is that there's actually more people in this world than just you my friend and what might not make a difference and suck for you and your skill gap it might [or it might not but we will freely and calmly not coerced/forced/pressed see] and be fun for another people of another skill and another skill gap instead) and that you even already knew before coming here btw so man I think that it's time for you to be coherent with your own bullshit and not show up at a place where you have no other real interest beside just bullying people as that just makes you look bad/insecure and that's not what this community is about either then stop wasting everyone time here, yours included, and move on. it's really the people like you that mostly always killed the game they so much worship and always take away the fun and excitement from the communities.
RH
Unleveled User

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 23:17 I insist, what's the point of all this? dude you just keep spamming the same shit over and over again like if that were going to make any difference, in what exactly that's any different from any of your previous four messages? haven't I already answered all that?
You haven't answered a majority of the questions. Who are these changes for? They aren't for anyone who plays. You don't play, they aren't for you obviously. They aren't for players who might drop in randomly. They aren't for players who play on other servers. These changes are bad for everyone. You are just fucking things up because you think you know better than people who actually play.

Going to completely ignore the routes I mentioned your double jump shit fucked up in popular duel maps? Also going to ignore the fact I pointed out jumps you have shown to be possible with unfreeze double jump are 100% impossible in both cpma and quakelive that the maps were made for? Your excuse for "as the map author intended" is just bullshit coping because you couldn't figure out how to enjoy vq3 movement.

What suddenly makes you the authority on what a "good" change is to duel maps or the game mode as a whole? You don't know the first thing about duel obviously. These changes aren't good. All you've done is basically make cpm22 inside of the hub3aeroq3 map, which makes it so people who like cpm22 are not satisfied and people who like hub3aeroq3 are not satisfied. You have only made it impossible to play hub3aeroq3, not improved on anything.

Cpm22 is made for cpm rule set. It's not just an item change. The biggest changes are the GL area is like twice as big, the RA jump is a little harder, and the RA platform has holes in it. CPM rules have tiered armor, and you can carry momentum around corners like crazy so holding positions is way different. Plus the combat is way different with instant weapon switch, balance changes, and the movement difference. You can't just drop a yellow next to mega in mid on a vq3 version of the map and expect it to be a good change. That's a horrible change.

The reason that ql_aerowalk has more spawns, as I stated before, is QL has a completely different spawn system that is easier to abuse on a small map like aerowalk so it needed the extra spawns. The extra spawns fuck up the gameplay on hub3aeroq3 with vq3 spawns. A major part of playing hub3aeroq3 in vq3 between two evenly matched players is paying attention to when items are up compared to when you are killing people and where you are killing people to manage control.

You are making changes with zero understanding.
like for the eleventh time I do not run these servers for people that watch YouTube videos of pro finals and then join random public servers thinking they are rapha, evil, cooler etc etc
So you made an unlag duel server, purely because people like me and Magi were asking for it, but you didn't make it for quake3 duel players and you hate quake3 players? Well it is obvious you hate quake3 players with how much you fuck up the game. Duel is not unfreeze. They appeal to very different types of players.

Youtube is probably the best advertising for people to come back and play quake3 that anyone could ever hope for. You post quake3 games, people think it looks fun and want to get back in so they hop online and try to find some quake3 games to play. When they encounter servers like yours that are all modified dumb bullshit, they don't want to stay because it's not quake3 that they wanted to play.

You are trying so hard to kill your own server and hate your own player base.
what it looks like you just don't seem to realise is that there's actually more people in this world than just you my friend and what might not make a difference and suck for you and your skill gap it might [or it might not but we will freely and calmly not coerced/forced/pressed see] and be fun for another people of another skill and another skill gap instead) and that you even already knew before coming here btw
Right back at you. Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean other people don't. Just because you hate hub3aeroq3 doesn't mean other people don't. I didn't even ask you to discard your map, I just said give the old hub3aeroq3 back for people who actually play quake3 on quake3 maps. You can have more than one version of a map on the servers.
it's really the people like you that mostly always killed the game they so much worship and always take away from the communities.
I have taught more people how to play and shared more information and helped more new players than you have in the few years I have been back in quake3. People might quit if they play me too much because they can't handle a skill gap like that, but that's fine by me.

I am arguing with a wall here. I am making nothing but good points with tons of explanation and you are just sitting there ignoring all of it and saying you know better and continually saying you hate quake3 players. Why the fuck do you even host quake3 servers then if you hate quake3 players so much?
champi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by champi »

I'm rapha
champi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by champi »

@rehab get shit on adminless doesn't love you.

@adminless ok i get it you don't care about rehab but have you asked your favorites whoamI and Miroslav if they approve those changes?

@rehab get shit on adminless doesn't love you 2x
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@RH wtf I answered more than I needed to you can trust me on that and what I potentially haven't is because it doesn't even need to be answered or straigh up bullshit/meaningless/irrelevant (I repeat beside you and a handful of other freaks nobody waste their time breaking down the game to that extend let alone getting this much fucked up for something like a week already wtf) etc etc so go waste someone else time somewhere else. as for the hating, I think that just should be self explanatory, hard getting along with some people that is just going to give you shit so sure the feelings are mutual. I couldn't care any less about such people like you that just come here to give me shit and that even goes around like if I would even owe them something when in reality I don't. you would have to be a absolute fool to expect otherwise so I don't even know what upsets you.

@champi I think I have made it very clear already that while I take input and always at least listen to everyone as can be seen that doesn't mean that I need and/or that I look for anybody approval to make any changes and run these servers as I see fit.
RH
Unleveled User

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:37I repeat beside you and a handful of other freaks nobody waste their time breaking down the game to that extend let alone getting this much fucked up for something like a week already wtf
If only "freaks" care about it and it doesn't matter, then why are you so insistent that you are right and won't change it back?

Breaking down the game to the smallest details is what duel is all about. Why even host the server if you hate the kind of player it appeals to?