community summer 24 event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what date/s would suit you to play a ctf event next week?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 22, 2024 23:08

Tuesday 20 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
28%
Wednesday 21 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
12%
Thursday 22 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
16%
Sunday 25 of August of 2024 16:00 CEST (UTC+02)
8%
Sunday 25 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
36%

Total votes: 25

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: community summer 24 event

Post by adminless »

I know, that was in fact the point this with the event, to finally play some proper top ctf maps (as the hardcore fans had always requested) not just some fun ctf community maps as usual. the thing is that for that you need a significant party not just a handful (at best) of competitive players and some spare backups as it was being the case until the last ctf tournament. things take time but I think that it was finally worth it so thanks for participate and not bringing any drama this time.

ok, finally all done now with yesterday games, on top of all the inside processing it took like over eight more hours for YouTube to digest them, those were definitively huge games. as said, you just can not compare this to UnFreeZe in terms of production and finishing (UnFreeZe is always going to be a superior standard just for the very fact that this is not even played here at all) but that being said I just ended up reviewing it now and I think that it turned pretty good so definitively looking forward running other of these games or another small tournament in the future (ex. by the next holidays/Winter as said) if people is up for it. for the most part I think that by now this ctf thing should finally be more or less done for the use being to deliver also some exciting events as well.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

i enjoyed it. i just got tired in the end (old man's issues :D). i would like to see more of the pro maps too now that we have some committed hardcore players. i think one of the all time favourites in my heart is spider crossings. @adminless maybe you could check if we can play that map next time. would really love it.

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

actually according to the stats the last game was your strongest ctf game so far and by a big margin, I guess you weren't really as tired as you thought you were. as for the maps as I said, I know, I think that finally this time it played about what everyone (that really bothered about this ctf thing) had asked for and I believe that given the turnout it finally worked good as it should and the fifth map (q3ctf2) even played 5vs5 as people had also requested (although a bit less competitively but all the same). I don't really think that there's much significant improvement over that beside the usual adjustments/changes here and there and, of course, making it all over again. so yeah I think that for another occasion more maps can also be played but as with the UnFreeZe thing don't expect any sort of dramatic changes at this point. that now is probably all about it as I said and it's not the point of this to now turn the pool here into a another compressive map list as it's the case with UnFreeZe for example that do mix a bit of everything. I think that so far in all about ten maps has already been played and that should be a fair amount to get started for a occasional thing like this (of course if it would grow then I'll reconsider it along with everything else but that's not the case so far).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:39 i enjoyed it. i just got tired in the end (old man's issues :D). i would like to see more of the pro maps too now that we have some committed hardcore players. i think one of the all time favourites in my heart is spider crossings. @adminless maybe you could check if we can play that map next time. would really love it.

best regards
Spider crossings? You need to let lots practice map your familiar with , miroslap chempien
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

I think on 5th map is the only map where I mostly played defense which explains the much higher dmg output ^^

maybe let's see who is interested next time. if it is more casual then ofc more causla maps and vice versa... ^^
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ^>!<FraG_MasiN

Post by FraG_MasiN »

haha n!ce even THX for organizing cOoL wOw yea
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ^>!<FraG_MasiN

Post by FraG_MasiN »

ImmOrtaL cLaN PoWeR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

I didn't say it before I see now, but thank you for organising the ctf event adminless! I think I never participated before in such event, but it was really fun and I liked it! 😉
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*