Improved spawn code

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Improved spawn code

Post by NoobKilla »

@Adminless,
Hey! Wassup!? So, I was thinking and asking during gameplay session whether some programmers could improve spawning code, implement a better one like, for example, when round ends, instead of just spawning all enemies around me, all players are re-spawned on opposite sides of the map, for better fairplay. So Buttfingers suggested to ask you, Adminless.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Improved spawn code

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 18:10 @Adminless,
Hey! Wassup!? So, I was thinking and asking during gameplay session whether some programmers could improve spawning code, implement a better one like, for example, when round ends, instead of just spawning all enemies around me, all players are re-spawned on opposite sides of the map, for better fairplay. So Buttfingers suggested to ask you, Adminless.
That's rare though now , usually happens when you wondered into no man's land , and end up in opposing team

It's funny sometimes but an advantage if your ready and cause some damage before dem bitchEZ can get to your team mates
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@noob as with most of the things you ask this has already been discussed long enough, the spawn system already tries to spawn you far from the enemy and closer to your teammates as much as possible. it just happens that it doesn't matter how you look at it, if you have to spawn something like 20 players on the same frame in a small/mid sized map there's always going to be situations where less ideal spawns are gonna happen. it's just the way it's, there's some maps where there's really no much else room left for the amount of players typically playing.

@pac yes, that's also a frequent situation of the guys bitching about the spawns, if your whole team is in one side of the map but you're all alone by yourself on the exact opposite side of the map then sure of course I can tell you for a fact that the entire enemy team is gonna spawn around you as that (from the point of view of the enemy team) indeed implies exactly that, spawning far from the enemy (from their point of view, that's it, otherwise spawning far from you would imply spawning close to the enemy when you're that far from your team).
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Yes, why not re-spawn me where the rest of my team is, since I froze last enemy and we're starting a new round?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

because that sucks, that's not the way it's supposed to be and the way this mode works. the game regards team play and not solo play among many other things that could be written.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I'm sorry, I disagree, I think it's unfair, but whatever, if it's how it's supposed to work, fine by me, but it's bad. Thanks anyway!